Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVeXPaAAqV/  Saw this on ig was wondering if it was real (It could be just an edit?)

If it is real it could be placeholders for 10 students? Its probably not real tho

Be weird to have 10 students. Half of the people? Then again:

Harry Potter (Gryffindor)

Hermione (Gryffindor)

Ron (Gryffindor)

Fred (Gryffindor)

George(Gryffindor)

Luna (Ravenclaw)

Draco (Slytherin)

Crabbe(Slytherin)- unlikely. More likely Neville

Goyle (Slytherin)- unlikely. More likely Parvati or Padma

Random Hufflepuff

I think definitely at least 6 students, so maybe it is real?

27 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Be weird to have 10 students. Half of the people? Then again:

Harry Potter (Gryffindor)

Hermione (Gryffindor)

Ron (Gryffindor)

Fred (Gryffindor)

George(Gryffindor)

Luna (Ravenclaw)

Draco (Slytherin)

Crabbe(Slytherin)- unlikely. More likely Neville

Goyle (Slytherin)- unlikely. More likely Parvati or Padma

Random Hufflepuff

I think definitely at least 6 students, so maybe it is real?

Hopefully, I mean if they are real I hope they all have the longer legs

Real or not, there is nothing in that picture that can be considered real info.

Those silhouettes are just stand-ins with no meaning at all

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

These are out

Already hitting eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292613714452?rmvSB=true

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Robert8

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Real or not, there is nothing in that picture that can be considered real info.

Those silhouettes are just stand-ins with no meaning at all

I Know but it could represent that there will be 10 students in the series

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75950 Aragog's Lair and 75952 Newt's Suitcase were officially revealed on Lego's Twitter and Instagram.

I know it’s a slim chance, if any, but how great would it be if Lego decided to release all of them early? Now that (presumably) all of the system sets have been revealed

On 6/23/2018 at 5:26 AM, Robert8 said:

These are out

Already hitting eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292613714452?rmvSB=true

It seems some Target locations have been stocking them already. I checked my local Target today but I wasn’t so lucky 

Edited by Clone OPatra
Please don’t quote entire long posts and images

Speaking of Newt's suitcase, did anyone else notice that the press release said that a Bowtruckle was included in addition to the other beasts? Well, this confused me, because I hadnMt seen anything like that, so I checked out the images again. 

Newt is holding one of those standard green stem pieces, the kind that show up everywhere in Minecraft and Friends. Apparently that is supposed to be a 'bowtruckle'. 

Laaaaaaame. They do not get to throw one extra piece in to a set and call it another Beast. As far as I'm concerned, the set only has four. 

8 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Speaking of Newt's suitcase, did anyone else notice that the press release said that a Bowtruckle was included in addition to the other beasts? Well, this confused me, because I hadnMt seen anything like that, so I checked out the images again. 

Newt is holding one of those standard green stem pieces, the kind that show up everywhere in Minecraft and Friends. Apparently that is supposed to be a 'bowtruckle'. 

Laaaaaaame. They do not get to throw one extra piece in to a set and call it another Beast. As far as I'm concerned, the set only has four. 

It would be ok if they printed eyes on it or something but it doesn’t seem to be the case. I knew it was included from the preliminary images we got. It didn’t show it in the main image, but if you look at the top of the box where it shows all the minifigs, Kowaliski is holding it

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, Duffyoran said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVeXPaAAqV/  Saw this on ig was wondering if it was real (It could be just an edit?)

If it is real it could be placeholders for 10 students? Its probably not real tho

That's nothing. That's how the character section on LEGO HP website looked like back in 2011. They added the minifigures when the sets were released.

Gosh, I miss the 2011 LEGO marketing...

79041d0a6bb0ee443010ac552b2bde8a.jpg

Edited by Alegrispa

56 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I mean technically, they're not wrong. And that's the best piece to represent a Bowtruckle. It's also too small to print on, so plain green makes sense.

10 hours ago, MAB said:

They had both #4841 Hogwarts Express and #40028 Mini Hogwarts Express out at the same time. So there is history of having the same subject at two scales at the same time. Not that The Great Hall by itself is Hogwarts. Plus sets that are primarily architecture with less play features and minifigure scale with more play features are aimed at different audiences. There might be some overlap, but I imagine most kids won't be interested in the microscale set if it is primarily display rather than play.

That's ridiculously stupid. Who do they expect will buy two versions of the same set?

4 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

That's ridiculously stupid. Who do they expect will buy two versions of the same set?

I will. 

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It’s not the same set?? There are two large retail sets with minifigure compatible sections of Hogwarts and then one enormous $300+ D2C microscale set of the entire castle. That’s like saying the 2014 Death Star Final Duel and the 2008 Death Star sets are the same. I will buy the Whomping Willow and Great Hall sets because I want a large Hogwarts that can fit minifigures and I will also buy the microscale D2C because I want a complete Hogwarts model for display. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

44 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s not the same set?? There are two large retail sets with minifigure compatible sections of Hogwarts and then one enormous $300+ D2C microscale set of the entire castle. That’s like saying the 2014 Death Star Final Duel and the 2008 Death Star sets are the same. I will buy the Whomping Willow and Great Hall sets because I want a large Hogwarts that can fit minifigures and I will also buy the microscale D2C because I want a complete Hogwarts model for display. 

Agreed! Not the same thing at all

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I have both Big Ben and both Sydney Opera Houses. I appreciate the detail of the larger and the footprint and simplicity of the smaller. I have every iteration of Hogwarts. Fairly certain there are others like me (as seen by the other replies) that will be getting both Hogwarts released this year.

Edited by KevinMD

4 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

You're assuming it's the same set, though. That's like comparing the 2001 Hogwarts Castle to the 2018 Hogwarts Castle. I owned that set as a kid, and I can tell you, as much as I loved that kit growing up, the new one looks so much nicer. 

6 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Well I have two versions of the Sanctum Sanatorium, that were purchased less than a year apart, or do you mean something else altogether. 

It's the same idea as when the most recent UCS and minifig X-wings were released in the same year, 2012.  If the subject is popular enough, there's plenty of room for two versions that emphasize different things.  So: multi-part minifig Hogwarts for play, "UCS"/D2C Hogwarts as a scale model with cool building techniques.  Or note the multiple concurrent versions of the Millennium Falcon: UCS and minifig, and even microfighter, out at the same time.  (And all of those are designed to accommodate minifigs!). For more examples, consider the two minifig Batmobiles from the TLBM line, or the fact that Bugatti Chirons and Porsche 911 GTs are concurrently available from Speed Champions and Technic right now, and the same Ferrari is available in two Speed Champions sets.  As an extreme example, observe that 75102 Poe's X-wing Fighter and 75149 Resistance X-wing Fighter have been concurrently available since 2016, even though they differ only in color and minor details.  That's because some kids want the black one because it's the one Poe flies, and some kids want the grey one because X-wings "should be grey."  So there's not necessarily an expectation that people will "buy two versions of the same set" - that is, that everyone who buys the D2C Hogwarts will buy the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets or vice versa.  Instead, there's the expectation that the interest in Hogwarts as a subject for a Lego set is broad enough to interest audiences that differ sufficiently that two distinct versions will each sell well, with neither significantly reducing the sales of the other.

Edited by icm
Added more examples, expanded ideas.

Then there is also UCS Y-wing, system scale Y-wing and microfighter Y-wing, 3 different ones all of them yellow trimmed and all currently available for purchase.

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well I guess it can count as a brick build beast, hopefully we will get a new mould for it in a future wave that looks a lot more like a Bowtruckle :shrug_confused:

So this set has two completely brick built beasts; the Erumpent and Bowtruckle.

Two brick built with a few moulded parts; Occamy and Thunderbird

and one new animal mould; the Niffler

Not hard to tell what looks best, when it comes to Lego animals less (bricks) is definitely more :snicker:

8 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

2 words for you: Millennium Falcon