Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

Are we thinking 1st August for Scamandar’s suitcase and Aragog?

Also, £49.99 for suitcase?

Conaidering the U.K. prices we know about so far, compared to the US:

The Quidditch Match - $40/£35

Whomping Willow - $70/£60

Hogwarts Express - $80/£70

Great Hall - $100/£90

i personally wouldn’t be surprised if these were the remaining prices:

suitcase - £40/45

Grindlewalds Escape - £20

Aragog’s Lair - £13

EDIT: This does bode well for the D2C in the U.K. if it’s a $500 Set, it could easily be £400

Edited by Whovastron

8 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

The D2C microscale Hogwarts thing is obviously fake. They won't do Hogwarts twice. It'll be Diagon Alley.

It’s not fake. There are several nanofigures that leaked, where else would they come from if not from a microscale Hogwarts? There is much more info backing a microscale Hogwarts then a diagon alley

Edited by Falconfan1414

26 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

The D2C microscale Hogwarts thing is obviously fake. They won't do Hogwarts twice. It'll be Diagon Alley.

All the nanofigures that were leaked were Hogwarts students and teachers. Diagon alley makes no sense whatsoever, no idea where that rumor came from

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

All the nanofigures that were leaked were Hogwarts students and teachers. Diagon alley makes no sense whatsoever, no idea where that rumor came from

The only idea of the diagon alley came from the leaked olivander figure but other than that there has been nothing else to support it 

44 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I assume that's sarcasm? :laugh_hard:

12 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They had both #4841 Hogwarts Express and #40028 Mini Hogwarts Express out at the same time. So there is history of having the same subject at two scales at the same time. Not that The Great Hall by itself is Hogwarts. Plus sets that are primarily architecture with less play features and minifigure scale with more play features are aimed at different audiences. There might be some overlap, but I imagine most kids won't be interested in the microscale set if it is primarily display rather than play.

14 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Twice?  That's only 1 Hogwarts.

8 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Twice?  That's only 1 Hogwarts.

They mean the Great Hall + Whomping Willow I believe. 

Unless you’re giving us a clue?

I think it's more unbridled bitter disappointment on LEGODalekbuster523s part.  Personally I look forward to seeing the set, afterwards I will decide if I want it, thinking it will be quite cool though, considering the sheer size alone. 

Edited by Johnny1360

46 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

They mean the Great Hall + Whomping Willow I believe. 

Unless you’re giving us a clue?

Fair enough, but that's 1 Hogwarts set and 1 part of Hogwarts as a set.

Wish I could give a clue, but I know nothing. 

NOOOOOooooooooooooo! :cry_sad:

I was sooooo close to it! But they wouldn’t sell it to me! :iamded_lol: Super Target employee why!!! Why must you play with my heart?!

Also the box for the Great Hall set is surprisingly small in person. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I was sooooo close to it! But they wouldn’t sell it to me! :iamded_lol: Super Target employee why!!! Why must you play with my heart?!

you saw what ?

The Great Hall set! It was right there, on a cart in the middle of the isle! I touched it! :excited:

But alas...tis not August yet. :sadnew:

3 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

The Great Hall set! It was right there, on a cart in the middle of the isle! I touched it! :excited:

But alas...tis not August yet. :sadnew:

Why wait until August?  U.S. Lego shop at home lists it as a July 1 release.

So either Lego Shop is wrong, or the press releases Lego sent out all had the wrong month listed. :look:

Yes would think if Target already had it albeit not for sale, that it would be slated for July release, since August is a good 5 weeks away. Just can't see them distributing it that early to stores. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

So either Lego Shop is wrong, or the press releases Lego sent out all had the wrong month listed. :look:

I think they ended up switching the date after they sent out the press release 

It appears that LEGO doesn't even know the correct release dates, so it is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

I assume you tried the self-checkout, right?  Or did they stop you before you got there?  At least you're able to have a sense of humor about it; I get so frustrated when this happens to me.  :laugh:

Also, you're not in the Chicago area by any chance, are you?  (Just so I know whether I should go searching in vain for early HP sets :wink:)

Also, I've been following this thread for quite a while, despite the fact that I've only really been posting in the Star Wars forum, so I have a question--apologies if it's already been asked:Is there already a dedicated thread for posting about potential future Harry Potter sets or wishlists?

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

I assume you tried the self-checkout, right?  Or did they stop you before you got there?  At least you're able to have a sense of humor about it; I get so frustrated when this happens to me.  :laugh:

Also, you're not in the Chicago area by any chance, are you?  (Just so I know whether I should go searching in vain for early HP sets :wink:)

Also, I've been following this thread for quite a while, despite the fact that I've only really been posting in the Star Wars forum, so I have a question--apologies if it's already been asked:Is there already a dedicated thread for posting about potential future Harry Potter sets or wishlists?

This is as good a place as any! We’ve all posted out Harry Potter wishlists here at one time or another

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

I asked as it was on a cart of stuff going on the shelf. He said everything was going on the shelves...except...for that--pointing at the Harry Potter set! :wall: 

:blush: Oh well! 

Spotted in Naperville, IL. :thumbup: