Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I think the minifigures for the D2C Hogwarts will be Dumbledore, Snape, Flitwick, Sprout and McGonagall since in the Shield Helicarier we got Captain America, Black Widow, Maria Hill, Nick Fury and Hawkeye who were at the time of release basically the most important shield members. I think we can see something similar with Hogwarts in which case the most important members are the Heads of the houses and the headmaster.

48 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

That might apply to America, but not the UK. Now we don't have Toys R Us, it could only really be a Argos exclusive, but Argos normally has whole lines exclusive (like the new Elves sets) rather than a single set. And even then, the Lego S@H has always had the exclusive sets as soon as the retailer so that doesn't really make sense either for the UK. It is an odd one for sure ...

I’m not sure what’s happening with TRU exclusives in the U.K. the T-Rex transport for Jurassic World is at John Lewis, Argos and a couple other shops, so I think the excess stock meant for TRU here is being sold off to other stores

17 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I’m not sure what’s happening with TRU exclusives in the U.K. the T-Rex transport for Jurassic World is at John Lewis, Argos and a couple other shops, so I think the excess stock meant for TRU here is being sold off to other stores

True, but it is still available at S@H. Maybe they just haven't listed the train yet because something in the listing is not quite ready. It isn't actually for sale yet after all.

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

True, but it is still available at S@H. Maybe they just haven't listed the train yet because something in the listing is not quite ready. It isn't actually for sale yet after all.

I’m just confused why the date is August 1st whilst it’s July 1st elsewhere, and sets have already been appearing in the U.K. might be worth chancing it in store on July 1st

Someone please tell me cause im so confused, Is the date for the Uk & Ireland July 1st or August 1st?

& does anyone know any good shops to go hunting at?

Edited by Duffyoran

34 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I’m just confused why the date is August 1st whilst it’s July 1st elsewhere, and sets have already been appearing in the U.K. might be worth chancing it in store on July 1st

Yes I know. The leaked catalogue states August and the UK S@H says August so I can only assume that for the UK it truly is August. I don't know why shops (especially those where Lego isn't their main item and so presumably storage for stock is low) would have the sets in so early, but maybe it was just a case of human error with the Quidditch set. As to why the UK may be getting them later, well we often get other lines earlier by all accounts so who knows how Lego's mind works ?

9 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Someone please tell me cause im so confused, Is the date for the Uk & Ireland July 1st or August 1st?

& does anyone know any good shops to go hunting at?

Everything official says August 1st (leaked catalogue, Shop at Home pages). The Quidditch set was apparently found in Smiths about a week, but this could have been a employee mistake as as far as I know it was only one Smiths.

Sorry if I missed it- do we know how many bricks will be in the micro Hogwarts? I’m assuming it’ll be much Taller than then Helicarrier, and bigger since it could potentially be over a $100 more.

I’m predicting the Gryffindor tower to be the biggest section and tallest- the great hall attached to that, the clock tower, bridge, and one other building with potential greenhouses connected. I think it will all sit on a rock mountain- and I bet we’ll be able to remove part of the mountain and see dungeon interior/ potions class/ Slytherin Common room and potentially chamber of secrets.

Will probably be able to see inside Gryffindor common room/ great hall. And a transfiguration classroom. 

I think we will get a lot more interior because of how many secondary character nano figures leaked. 

My dream would be to have all 4 common rooms, and I’m hopeful because of how many student nano figures we got from each house. But probably unlikely.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Definitely good points. How do you know about that second wave though? Have you heard something or seen something? I haven’t heard anything past this year

4 hours ago, RyanMe said:

based on what?  Not trying to be argumentative, just curios where you are getting this info.  Did you read it somewhere?

Maybe I read to much between the lines, but it sure sounds like we are getting a new wave next year here:
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neue-sets-in-2019-stickerboegen-und-power-functions/62430

I used google translate, so I could be lost in translation as well :wacko:

54 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

Question do we think maybe all of the characters we see in the D2C will be represented in the sets and minifigure series?

That's what I was thinking

3 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Sorry if I missed it- do we know how many bricks will be in the micro Hogwarts? I’m assuming it’ll be much Taller than then Helicarrier, and bigger since it could potentially be over a $100 more.

I’m predicting the Gryffindor tower to be the biggest section and tallest- the great hall attached to that, the clock tower, bridge, and one other building with potential greenhouses connected. I think it will all sit on a rock mountain- and I bet we’ll be able to remove part of the mountain and see dungeon interior/ potions class/ Slytherin Common room and potentially chamber of secrets.

Will probably be able to see inside Gryffindor common room/ great hall. And a transfiguration classroom. 

I think we will get a lot more interior because of how many secondary character nano figures leaked. 

My dream would be to have all 4 common rooms, and I’m hopeful because of how many student nano figures we got from each house. But probably unlikely.

So I'm a bit of a math geek, so yesterday I was looking up previous sets box sizes and weights.  I extrapolated all the data I came up with and based by a piece per weight and a piece per volume of box, It would probably be around 5500 pieces.  The closest existing set I could find is the Taj Mahal which is one inch in length smaller and Identical in weight.  It has about 6000 pieces.  I imagine the pieces would be relatively small pieces, which are usually cheaper to produce so the number could be much higher (6500 maybe?) .  

Purely speculation on my part.

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe I read to much between the lines, but it sure sounds like we are getting a new wave next year here:
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neue-sets-in-2019-stickerboegen-und-power-functions/62430

I used google translate, so I could be lost in translation as well :wacko:

The designer said the same thing he said in another interview; that they'll see how well these sets sell.

No doubt that they'll sell well enough for at least one more wave, but kids these days don't have Harry Potter on their mind that much. As much as I'd love that, y'all shouldn't expect it to become an evergreen theme.

Again, don't set yourself up for dissapointment and then blame TLG for not giving you everything you want.

Edited by Alegrispa

Just now, Alegrispa said:

He said the same thing he said in another interview; that they'll see how well these sets sell.

No doubt that they'll sell well enough for at least one more wave, but kids these days don't have Harry Potter on their mind that much. As much as I'd love that, y'all shouldn't expect it to become an evergreen theme.

Again, don't set yourself up for dissapointment and then blame TLG for not giving you everything you want.

I'm not so sure about this....I have a 10 year old daughter who got me into harry Potter.  She has a group of friends who are all obssessed with Harry Potter.  She's actually the one who got me into it.  I had never read the books or saw the movies until she read them. I then started to read them and we have watched some of the moves together (I'm currently on the fifth book so go easy with talking about hopes of future sets that might spoil the end of the series. :tongue:

On 6/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, RyanMe said:

So I'm a bit of a math geek, so yesterday I was looking up previous sets box sizes and weights.  I extrapolated all the data I came up with and based by a piece per weight and a piece per volume of box, It would probably be around 5500 pieces.  The closest existing set I could find is the Taj Mahal which is one inch in length smaller and Identical in weight.  It has about 6000 pieces.  I imagine the pieces would be relatively small pieces, which are usually cheaper to produce so the number could be much higher (6500 maybe?) .  

Purely speculation on my part.

Thanks! I looked up that set and I think you're right. I'm curious how they spread out the buildings, and which ones will be biggest. I attached some pics for everyone to get an idea.

Edited by LordVoldemort
photos

47 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

The designer said the same thing he said in another interview; that they'll see how well these sets sell.

I am a Children's Librarian in Missouri. Harry Potter is rarely on the shelf even though we have tons of copies of each book throughout our system. Whenever we have Harry Potter programs, we have full programs with waiting lists, and any cosplay programs regularly include characters from Harry Potter. Kids, teenagers, adults...we get them all. Even when no book or movie is coming out, we have not seen any kind of slow-down in interest for Harry Potter.

3 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

Next wave we will probably see

Clock Tower

Knight Bus would be awesome if they included Privet Drive

Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade

Hagrid's Hut

I'd like if they did the second version of Hagrid's Hut this time:

Edited by HarryPotter

4 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

Clock Tower

Hagrid's Hut

I’m hoping for some Triwizard Tournament sets

17 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

Clock Tower

Hagrid's Hut

Hagrids hut and the knight bus are pretty "safe", maybe we get a piece of Howgvarts with the dragon included.. The sets we get will depend a lot on if they are from film 3 or 3 and 4 (or maybe 3 with a flavour of 1-2) :classic:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Hagrids hut and the knight bus are pretty "safe", maybe we get a piece of Howgvarts with the dragon included.. The sets we get will depend a lot on if they are from film 3 or 3 and 4 (or maybe 3 with a flavour of 1-2) :classic:

I hope they kind of focus on 2-3 cause I kinda feel like we didn't get enough from film 2, Like we could get the Chamber Of Secrets or something. I just feel we should get at least one more set from year 2 because it was so "Jampacked!"

On 6/19/2018 at 11:07 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

UCS is Hogwarts but I have bad news, it’s microscale 

Huge bummer.  I guess it will be in pieces over time.  I hope it is completed some day.  Minifigure / System scale is the only thing that appeals to me.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:07 PM, Alegrispa said:

Now what I'm asking is that we stop this "LEGO sucks for not giving me what I want" or "nobody is gonna buy it" type of circlejerking so many threads fall in to these days.

It's a microscale, that's it. If you're not happy about that, I'm sorry, but let's keep this discussion positive. Harry Potter is back after 7 years! There is plenty of Hogwarts being offered and there will surely be more to come.

I hate the idea that only positive viewpoints should be expressed.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:14 AM, Alegrispa said:

Alright, can a mod please step in to stop this constant whining?! We already have 4 pages worth of that.

There's no need for moderation.  There's a need to accept that some people will like a set, and others won't.  Both are perfectly acceptable reactions, and both should be allowed in a discussion.

I, for one, hate this microscale idea, and would have loved a huge Hogwarts with all of the most interesting parts, about the size of 3+ modulars.  That would have been worth the price.  The microscale set will basically be a glorified parts pack for someone like me, and will only be worth a purchase (at a discount) if it has multiple very desirable exclusive minifigures.  Otherwise, it might be more cost effective to buy the one or two minifigures I really want.

As unfortunate as the microscale news is, let’s all take a minute to celebrate the fact that we are getting the first four sets a month early, a week and a half from now!!!

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Thanks! I looked up that set and I think you're right. I'm curious how they spread out the buildings, and which ones will be biggest. I attached some pics for everyone to get an idea.

I’m not sure what you mean about spreading out the buildings. The set will likely be just a scale model of Hogwarts, so essentially a Lego replica. If you google the model at the studio tour, it will likely just be a Lego version of that, with the grand staircase tower and astronomy tower as the tallest buildings

36 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As unfortunate as the microscale news is, let’s all take a minute to celebrate the fact that we are getting the first four sets a month early, a week and a half from now!!!

That news made me so happy that I really didn't care about the D2C being microscale. 

Edited by RODDY