Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Do we expect 4-5 minifigs with the set?! I hope there is no one exclusive at least, well off course they are if included, but like exclusive variants of Harry, Ron, Hermione etc is fine. If it have exclusive figs of e.g. the 4 founders and they never come in another set in any variant that is bad news to the fans who do not want to buy it since it is not minifig-scale, but want all HP minifigs in there collection :distressed:

I wouldn’t be surprised with some exclusives. Maybe the Hogwarts founders? Who knows

I for one am relieved about this being microscale. As much as I would have loved a minifig sized one, display space was always going to be tricky, as it would be on permanent display once built, and footprint would make that very hard. As it is, display will still be an issue, but I should be able to rearrange stuff to suit.

As to the leaked image, it has gone from reddit too.

Edited by sunhuntin

Why do people want the four founders of hogwarts. They weren't even in the films, We don't even know what they look like!!

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Stud shooters. Spring-loaded shooters. Stickers. No printed pieces. Redesign. Too big. Too small. Bad minifigures. 

I’m talking about people complaining about a system scale D2C set because of the fact that it’s system scale

22 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Why do people want the four founders of hogwarts. They weren't even in the films, We don't even know what they look like!!

Yes, we do. Actors have posed for shots for things like the Chocolate Frog cards you get at the Wizarding World theme park. 

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m talking about people complaining about a system scale D2C set because of the fact that it’s system scale

No one ever claimed that people complain about D2C sets being system scale. People complain if they want something to be system scale but people complaining about a D2C being system scale was never brought up in this discussion. 

So the WW, GH, HE, and Qudditch are all July 1st right? Just double checking because the lego stote is quite a drive and I don't want to return empty handed. 

21 minutes ago, RODDY said:

So the WW, GH, HE, and Qudditch are all July 1st right? Just double checking because the lego stote is quite a drive and I don't want to return empty handed. 

I know that the WW, GH and Quidditch are all on the website but HE isn't (at least in the UK)

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yes, we do. Actors have posed for shots for things like the Chocolate Frog cards you get at the Wizarding World theme park. 

No one ever claimed that people complain about D2C sets being system scale. People complain if they want something to be system scale but people complaining about a D2C being system scale was never brought up in this discussion. 

Yes it was, go back a few pages

34 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes it was, go back a few pages

I don’t recall any discussion of people wanting system scale D2C sets to be anything other than system scale, but maybe I misinterpreted a post.

23 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t recall any discussion of people wanting system scale D2C sets to be anything other than system scale, but maybe I misinterpreted a post.

It was a comment somebody made about people complaining of its system scale and people also complaining of its microscale. I may have misinterpreted as well though, so I’ll put that debate to rest with an “it doesn’t really matter what someone might have said”. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what this Hogwarts set will be. I just hope it finds a way to please everyone, if not, most people

I’m still disappointed by the microscale news but I’m starting to come to terms with it. I can’t change it, after all. My fear is that Lego will cancel the theme after a couple waves like LOTR and we’ll end up still not getting a nearly full Hogwarts Castle at system scale. I was hoping this set would be that, connect to the other two, and have more add-ons later. I was hoping for a lot of minifigures and I even was really hoping for a new Fluffy, Troll, and Buckbeak. I know we’ll get a lot of creatures with the FB sets but those three are just so iconic. I hope they still happen at some point and that we continue to get system scale add-ons for Hogwarts over the next few years. This micro scale set will still be a very nice display piece and I’m even holding out hope that it’s not as micro as everybody thinks.

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It was a comment somebody made about people complaining of its system scale and people also complaining of its microscale. I may have misinterpreted as well though, so I’ll put that debate to rest with an “it doesn’t really matter what someone might have said”. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what this Hogwarts set will be. I just hope it finds a way to please everyone, if not, most people

I’m still disappointed by the microscale news but I’m starting to come to terms with it. I can’t change it, after all. My fear is that Lego will cancel the theme after a couple waves like LOTR and we’ll end up still not getting a nearly full Hogwarts Castle at system scale. I was hoping this set would be that, connect to the other two, and have more add-ons later. I was hoping for a lot of minifigures and I even was really hoping for a new Fluffy, Troll, and Buckbeak. I know we’ll get a lot of creatures with the FB sets but those three are just so iconic. I hope they still happen at some point and that we continue to get system scale add-ons for Hogwarts over the next few years. This micro scale set will still be a very nice display piece and I’m even holding out hope that it’s not as micro as everybody thinks.

I think that person meant that people would complain about a system scale set because it would likely have an open back and lots of play features, which are common complaints among system scale D2C sets. 

4 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I know that the WW, GH and Quidditch are all on the website but HE isn't (at least in the UK)

Just checked US, Express isn’t on S@H...but it is on Target’s. That doesn’t make any sense...why would the official store not have them? I’m wanting to get Great Hall & the Express...and plan on making the trip. 

9 hours ago, Duffyoran said:

Why do people want the four founders of hogwarts.

Want and want, it is more with which exclusive figs they could put in the D2C and those 4 is the most likely candidates.. Not sure the set will have minifigs, if must have some sort of display stand for the figs like the helicarrier had if they are included I guess..

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My fear is that Lego will cancel the theme after a couple waves like LOTR and we’ll end up still not getting a nearly full Hogwarts Castle at system scale.

It is a legit fear, but I do not think it will happen if they keep on keeping on making sets with this high quality! HP have much more fans than LOTR and in all ages, I think too few kids where into LOTR so Lego did not sell enough sets to them.. I believe this theme can even challenge SW since we got much more female fans :wub: It sounds like we are getting the second wave next year already, probably with a piece or two of Hogwarts and some new beast mould (I guess Fang, Buckbeak and hungarian horntail:excited:)

A new picture of the aragog set is on Instagram, so maybe that means it is being listed in the shops soon as well :classic:

I don't think Lego will cancel this theme anytime soon.HP has much bigger appeal to people of all ages,where LOTR or Hobbit were mostly adult oriented.

So I've just seen that Quidditch, Great Hall and Whomping Willow are all listed as 'Coming Soon on 1 August 2018' (UK).  When are the Hogwarts Express, Aragog, Newt's Suitcase and Grindelwald's Escape supposed to be coming?  The 1 July thing is obviously fake.

33 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

So I've just seen that Quidditch, Great Hall and Whomping Willow are all listed as 'Coming Soon on 1 August 2018' (UK).  When are the Hogwarts Express, Aragog, Newt's Suitcase and Grindelwald's Escape supposed to be coming?  The 1 July thing is obviously fake.

In the US the three Sets 75953, 75954 and 75956 are listed with release on July 1st, in UK and Germany Sets are listed with August 1st. I hope it's okay to reference myself here, I took some time today to find the listings in the different shops: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-2018-sets-vorgestellt-alle-sets-in-der-uebersicht/

Edited by StoneWarsDE

22 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I meant don’t forget him as CMF. That leak was as real as any other, there’s nothing about it that looks fake to me

:wacko:

But the now revealed sets confirm the other ones and the print quality on that voldy is sub-par also the snake doesn't look like lego or Nageni. Its looks as fake as the nurse Joker that some people thought was real for no good reason, then again I didn't think the leaked infinity war Thanos looked legitimate but it was.

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is a legit fear, but I do not think it will happen if they keep on keeping on making sets with this high quality! HP have much more fans than LOTR and in all ages, I think too few kids where into LOTR so Lego did not sell enough sets to them.. I believe this theme can even challenge SW since we got much more female fans :wub: It sounds like we are getting the second wave next year already, probably with a piece or two of Hogwarts and some new beast mould (I guess Fang, Buckbeak and hungarian horntail:excited:)

A new picture of the aragog set is on Instagram, so maybe that means it is being listed in the shops soon as well :classic:

Definitely good points. How do you know about that second wave though? Have you heard something or seen something? I haven’t heard anything past this year

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It sounds like we are getting the second wave next year already, probably with a piece or two of Hogwarts and some new beast mould (I guess Fang, Buckbeak and hungarian horntail:excited:)

based on what?  Not trying to be argumentative, just curios where you are getting this info.  Did you read it somewhere?

Well awesome news about hogwarts and glad to hear confirmation about the cmf date. I suppose like anything else until we see the final product it’s impossible to say much more but I’m excited!

For many reasons it's a shame that it's not minifig scale, but I was really looking forward to some new castle elements, such as big cathedral like windows which now could easily be covered by existing pieces. 

For those who still don’t know, the Hogwarts Express is on the target website as coming soon. It’s obviously a Target exclusive so I guess Lego is giving them a go with it first. They’ve done this before. The A-Wing with Lando didn’t appear in the Lego brand store until a while after it had been out as a TRU exclusive. But target is the place to find the Hogwarts Express right away! Regardless of the reasoning, that’s where you’ll find it July 1

42 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

For those who still don’t know, the Hogwarts Express is on the target website as coming soon. It’s obviously a Target exclusive so I guess Lego is giving them a go with it first. They’ve done this before. The A-Wing with Lando didn’t appear in the Lego brand store until a while after it had been out as a TRU exclusive. But target is the place to find the Hogwarts Express right away! Regardless of the reasoning, that’s where you’ll find it July 1

That might apply to America, but not the UK. Now we don't have Toys R Us, it could only really be a Argos exclusive, but Argos normally has whole lines exclusive (like the new Elves sets) rather than a single set. And even then, the Lego S@H has always had the exclusive sets as soon as the retailer so that doesn't really make sense either for the UK. It is an odd one for sure ...