Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Okay, well i think £35 for 500 bricks and 5 Minifigures, with some new moulds, is great. Personally I think going into seperate bricks and complaining their cheap bricks is a bit ridiculous. Especially in a Set with those new characters and the golden snitch. But each to their own

Similarly, just looking at the number of parts and the price and saying it is outstanding value is ridiculous. You have to look at what you get not just how many parts there are.

wouldn't it be wonderful if LEGO gave us two instruction books with the UCS Hogwarts.... a full microscale option and a minifigscale option.

if you wanted to build either option you could - a bit like Creater 3in1, this is a UCS 2in1.

would keep us all happy and offer more building opportunities. I would imagine the colours etc could work for two different scales.

the minifig option would naturally be more limited in size but could fit nicely with the other parts of the castle being offered in "normal" sets.

however, when I say "keep us all happy" you can easily replace that with "even more unhappy that you arent getting exactly what you want"

ive never really understood all the drama - isnt LEGO about designing your own MOC and making your own Hogwarts in whatever scale you want?

Can someone tell me where they see Bellatrix and the dementor? I only see two Ravenclaw (one possibly Luna), Umbridge, maybe Lupin, one Slytherin and the rest black nanofigures rotated.

I also hope that for the Dementor they use Palpatine's nanofigure hologram, which has a hood and is a bit higher than the others, which would be very good for the Dementors.

It would also be a bit better if they created another nanofigure wielding a wand to recreate action scenes for the figures of Harry, Voldemort and other main characters, also counting on their normal nanofigures.

Edited by ETELENZOS92

37 minutes ago, MAB said:

Similarly, just looking at the number of parts and the price and saying it is outstanding value is ridiculous. You have to look at what you get not just how many parts there are.

I don’t just look at the number of parts, the Set looks like a £45 Set to me, as Jangbricks would say; “the amount of stuff you get” for £35 is great

12 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Can someone tell me where they see Bellatrix and the dementor? I only see two Ravenclaw (one possibly Luna), Umbridge, maybe Lupin, one Slytherin and the rest black nanofigures rotated.

I also hope that for the Dementor they use Palpatine's nanofigure hologram, which has a hood and is a bit higher than the others, which would be very good for the Dementors.

It would also be a bit better if they created another nanofigure wielding a wand to recreate action scenes for the figures of Harry, Voldemort and other main characters, also counting on their normal nanofigures.

I too would like to know where people are seeing this dementor

Edited by Whovastron

31 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Can someone tell me where they see Bellatrix and the dementor?

I believe some people have access to a different picture than the ones in the plastic bag that have leaked..

I am glad we got this news now and not when the pictures are reveled, because now we can shake of most of the disappointment and look more neutrally on the set when we get pictures later.. The nano-scale sets usually consist of a lot of small parts right, so with the huge weight of the set it should be a lot more than 5000 parts I assume :oh3:

Since we most likely only are getting zero or a few minifigs in the D2C, the CMF should have no problem filling spots with characters from the 2 first films that we are missing! To me this would be the best solution, since it increase the chance of future HP CMFs and we get more figs we are missing, but still not sure they will do it..

Just now, Roebuck said:

Since we most likely only are getting zero or a few minifigs in the D2C, the CMF should have no problem filling spots with characters from the 2 first films that we are missing! To me this would be the best solution, since it increase the chance of future HP CMFs and we get more figs we are missing, but still not sure they will do it..

My guess is that the CMF line will be based on films 1-7

1 hour ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

As I already said, there's another pic of the figs which hasn't been posted yet. And dementor is separate from those 12, it's another picture.

To be honest I'm straight out relieved. The minifig scale sets so far revealed have all been excellent, with the possible exception of the Hogwarts Express if it can't easily be motorised and still look attractive.

Having a big chunk of minifig scale Castle as one big set was bound to be compromised. Just think, would you rather have a line of three or four Modular buildings sold as one set or would you rather have them as we do now sold separately over several years?

I know I like the idea of an evergreen HP theme where anyone on a modest budget ($200 or so per year) could build an awesome castle over 5-6 years just like they could build a great winter village over the same timeframe. The flagship sets will become true events.

Edited by bigginsd

3 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Alright, can a mod please step in to stop this constant whining?! We already have 4 pages worth of that.

No one needs to step in. This is part of process. New info leaks we discuss it. No matter what opinion you have. And alot of people who had negative opinions just said plainly they are disappointed but the rest of sets look good and they would focus on that. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you can silence their opinion. They aren't going on screw Lego tiraids. 

Edited by RODDY

11 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

How exactly does that rule out Voldemort? He could still appear in Hogwarts, or at least in nano-figure form, especially since it apparently includes lestrange as a nanofig. Unless you meant "don't forget Voldemort as our first cmf figure" in which case I have to say that this "leaked" image still isn't confirmed to be real so nothing confirmed here.

I meant don’t forget him as CMF. That leak was as real as any other, there’s nothing about it that looks fake to me

4 hours ago, nickf21 said:

wouldn't it be wonderful if LEGO gave us two instruction books with the UCS Hogwarts.... a full microscale option and a minifigscale option.

if you wanted to build either option you could - a bit like Creater 3in1, this is a UCS 2in1.

would keep us all happy and offer more building opportunities. I would imagine the colours etc could work for two different scales.

Not really. The UCS D2C set would probably be worse if it was a 2-in-1 at different scales. Multiple builds from one set are always a bit of a compromise, the second model is often not quite up to the quality of the first, and probably more so if different scales. Microscale builds often need smaller parts to create detail. If they have to include larger parts to convert it to a minifig scale set, the build is compromised. It is better to do one build well than two builds adequately. Especially when the people wanting play sets are getting a series of play sets anyway. There is nothing to stop you buying the D2C and MOCing it into another building if you feel this can be done with the parts supplied for the main build.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:04 PM, hachiroku said:

I still think that the UCS Hogwarts is going to be like the Helicarrier. A "perfect" Hogwarts but in microfig scale.

Well, I saw it coming.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I meant don’t forget him as CMF. That leak was as real as any other, there’s nothing about it that looks fake to me

If you look at the hand that is a prototype at best, and the fact that it is still not taken down, but Ollivander is makes it a bit dubious to me :wacko:

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If you look at the hand that is a prototype at best, and the fact that it is still not taken down, but Ollivander is makes it a bit dubious to me :wacko:

Great. Because all I need is more disappointment.

4 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

I'm not too familiar with micro sets- what are the chances of a nano-scaled interior? Common rooms/ classrooms/ great hall/ dungeons etc. 

Not much, they tend to focus on buildings rather than interiors in microscale. But this a one off set, so it could be anything.

Any chance this set gets similar treatment to the Milennium Falcon with the special VIP card?

41 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

I'm not too familiar with micro sets- what are the chances of a nano-scaled interior? Common rooms/ classrooms/ great hall/ dungeons etc. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got the Great Hall. Considering we’re getting nanofigs, there size of the thing must be substantial enough to display them on/in it. I can imagine some building having removable roofs

4 hours ago, MAB said:

Not really. The UCS D2C set  

Does it really matter that much??

48 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

I’m sure we’ll get some interior at least. The Helicarrier had a full control room with lots of space for the figures as well as space on deck and room in a tower thing on the second deck. I’m hoping we at least get a Great Hall interior but we’ll see. 

Do we expect 4-5 minifigs with the set?! I hope there is no one exclusive at least, well off course they are if included, but like exclusive variants of Harry, Ron, Hermione etc is fine. If it have exclusive figs of e.g. the 4 founders and they never come in another set in any variant that is bad news to the fans who do not want to buy it since it is not minifig-scale, but want all HP minifigs in there collection :distressed:

21 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve never heard a single person complain about a system scale D2C set...ever

Stud shooters. Spring-loaded shooters. Stickers. No printed pieces. Redesign. Too big. Too small. Bad minifigures.