Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Man this kinda sucks.... I personally hope there are going to expand the system scale ones (Clocktower, Chamber, Greenhpuse). I'll buy evey single one.There is no way I'm buying a microscale version. But I'm not really mad though because I was worrying how I was gonna get Hogwarts and Cloud City. Now the answer is clear and I get very nice Harry Potter sets and Cloud City! Also the CMF line is going to be pretty sweet. 

Edited by RODDY

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I like the idea of D2C Hogwarts being microscale.

1. I won't want to buy it (I wouldn't buy system scale Hogwarts either, but I won't be sad)

2. It's better for a 400$ set to be a really mature and challenging set

3. How the gell would they do a good 400$ Hogwarts set? I want the whole Hogwarts, and whole would cost like 40000$. It's better to get whole Hogwarts than 1/100 of it.

Why are people complaining?

We get a system scale D2C - ugh, so many play features, it's for old Lego dudes, not for children, why you did this Lego!?

We get a microscale D2C - ugh, no play features, where is space for minifigures, you can't do anything with it, why you did this Lego!?

I’ve never heard a single person complain about a system scale D2C set...ever

Also, this pretty much rules out Ollivander for the D2C. Also, now we know the book exclusive is Harry. 

So that means Ollivander is pretty much confirmed to be our first CMF

I suggested (not very popularly) back on page 86 in March that Hogwarts D2C needed to be a stand-alone set and judging from the reaction to the microscale news it still doesn’t seem popular. Personally, I’d prefer a smaller than minifig scale Hogwarts if it’s fully fleshed out and accurate. There will be plenty other sets released over the coming years for minifig scale playsets.

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve never heard a single person complain about a system scale D2C set...ever

Hoth says hi.

Just now, Chiaroscuro said:

Hoth says hi.

Nobody’s was complaining about it because it was system scale. People complained about it because it wasn’t what people wanted for the set. Personally, I thought it was fine, although a hangar would have been nice rather than just an entrance. But nobody was complaining because it was system scale.

Why aren’t people allowed to want different things?

i love the look of the 2 Hogwarts structures in the wave, and wanted that in a D2C. I will likely get the scale model version, as an architecture-like Hogwarts does sound awesome, but a system scale Hogwarts is something I’ve wanted since I was a kid, so was looking forward to an “ultimate” version.

on the other hand, not throwing in all the iconic parts of the castle in system scale definitely proofed Lego’s intent to make this an evergreen theme. They could have one flagship building for each wave, for each year...

Prisoner of Azkaban - The Clocktower

Goblet Of fire - The Owlery

Order Of the Phoenix - the large building to the right of the castle

Half-Blood Prince - The Astronomy Tower

It will take a while, but the end result should look fab

Hey I believe I haven't seen this news out here on this forum but another book description (very similar to the one about ''which teacher turns into a werewolf?'') has showed up on the dutch site bol.com. It's called: Witches and Wizards Character Handbook (LEGO Harry Potter) and is dated for a 06-09-2018 release.

Description:

''Welcome to the magical world of LEGO(R) Harry Potter! Learn about all your favourite characters, from Hogwarts heroes like Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley to world-famous wizards like Albus Dumbledore and Sirius Black! Who has a magical eye that can see through ANYTHING? Which Hogwarts professor can transform into a cat? Find out those answers and more here! Every page of this character handbook is packed with fun facts and epic moments from the films. There's even an exclusive poster inside!''

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Also, this pretty much rules out Ollivander for the D2C. Also, now we know the book exclusive is Harry. 

Don’t forget Voldemort

Despite the annoying Aug 1st release date for the U.K., there is some fantastic news to be had with he prices!

the Quidditch set - with 500 pieces - is only £35! That’s outstanding!

the Whomping Willow Set, with over 700 pieces, is only £60! And I suppose that confirms the rumour of the Hogwarts Express being £70.

and on top of that the Great Hall is £90!

loving the prices all around, considering I’m picking these up day 1, it will give my wallet that little extra breathing room!

I was initially disappointed by the news of a microscale Hogwarts, but now I'm starting to see the various amazing possibilities of how it could be done. Judging by the 7kg weight on Amazon, it's definitely a sizeable set. And from the nanofigs, it appears we can reenact scenes from the books and movies, presumably the Battle of Hogwarts, which would imply some (possibly minimal) interior like the MF, and castle grounds which could possibly include a bit of the Forbidden Forest. If they really did it properly, this could look absolutely amazing.

While I'm withholding final judgment till I see the set image, I'm very likely buying it regardless, having completely missed out on the original HP wave during my dark ages and kicking myself for it. As for a full minifig-scale castle, I'll just buy the various sets released and put them together over the years, which will actually be a fun project.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Don’t forget Voldemort

How exactly does that rule out Voldemort? He could still appear in Hogwarts, or at least in nano-figure form, especially since it apparently includes lestrange as a nanofig. Unless you meant "don't forget Voldemort as our first cmf figure" in which case I have to say that this "leaked" image still isn't confirmed to be real so nothing confirmed here.

Yeah I'm not sure that Voldemort is real. Something is off. Especially the snake

I dislike how the majority of the student nanofigs in the D2C don't have printing on the entire head. Luna appears to have her head printed with hair, but most of the students look like they have ninja masks on.  

Edited by Captain America

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If Olivander is in the CMF. I hope his accessory is a wand box. I’m imagining a printed 1x3 tile on a 1x3 plate

In hindsight this makes a lot of sense as Lego are supposedly hoping to have Harry Potter as an evergreen theme. If they released a large minifig scale Hogwarts that had all the main rooms/locations in it, they then wouldn't be able to release these as sets.

My guess is that they release a wave every year or two that can all be connected to form a "playable" Hogwarts, so you can either buy and combine all the sets if you want a large scale Hogwarts (and it will cost $1-2000+ combined) or there's the microscale version at $4-500. Two castles, everyone's happy.

Personally, I think a micro scale (more accurate) castle will look fantastic with 5000+ bricks!!

Personally a bit disappointed because I always prefer the minifig scale sets, but it could still be great particularly if it has minifig compatible sections.

What’ll really annoy me is if they put some crucial exclusive minifigures in the set that’ll cost fifty dollars on bricklink, because that isn’t fair for those of us who love HP but have restrictive budgets.

1 hour ago, Larrycot said:

I can't find picture of the microfigs !! Can someone help me ? :(

They're on reddit

16 hours ago, Kneel Before Bane said:

Clearly people wanted a system scale castle so yes they are ignoring what we want? Find one person who was asking for a micro scale over a minifig scale. 

At $350/$400/$500 (various rumours on price), you would only ever get 2-3 modulars worth of bricks, or a few Great Halls worth. There would be complaints that it isn't Hogwarts, just a few individual parts. It would look a bit like the UCS Assault on Hoth. What's the point of it, when they are already doing minifigure scale building that you can assemble like that. More complaints that people are being "forced" to buy large sets to get a complete Hogwarts.

LEGO cannot do Hogwarts at minifigure scale and make it sellable. Some people do want architecture style sets, and this is for them. The building is the selling point, not the minifigures. Those that want play sets already have the play sets with minifigures in. They will presumably get more of them too.

Personally, I think they could have done this without the crappy little nano figs. To me, they add nothing in similar sets where the build is the star (Helicarrier, Saturn V). However, I imagine the cost of them is very low and the resale value will be quite high as they won't come with other smaller sets, so they may be a good way of offsetting part of the cost of the set.

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

the Quidditch set - with 500 pieces - is only £35! That’s outstanding!

Here are six of those pieces ... :-)

LEGO-Harry-Potter-75956-Quidditch-Match-

While it is a good price per part ratio compared to other licensed sets, there does appear to be a lot of basic bricks in primary colours in there (I haven't checked inventories yet) so when comparing the parts (outside of the minfiigs) maybe the Classic sets are a good comparison.

14 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I am highly disappointed by this microscale news. I’ll reserve total judgment until I see it though. It might still be buyable, although if it doesn’t come with any actual minifigures I think I’ll pass. But I’m sure there will be more system scale Hogwarts sets in future waves, plus I should be grateful Harry Potter is back in the first place! so I suppose I can’t be too harsh on Lego.

Wrong. It would be entirely different from the Echo Base set. Hogwarts Castle would be much more interesting than an ice cave and the figures would also be much better. You can’t even compare the two. Work Village did fine. Both Death Stars did fine. One big play set failed. One. And there can always be more to add. Hogwarts is massive. There are plenty of other sets they could make and attach to the rest. Plenty. So no, my disappointment is completely warranted. As are most people’s.

The main reason people didn't like Assault on Hoth was not because of the design of the set, but because much of it had been released before. If LEGO did a Hogwarts set and it contained just two or three buildings, people would complain it is not Hogwarts, just two or three buildings. They could have (and still might) release those building individually. If they repeated the Great Hall in it at minifigure scale, there would be complaints about repetition. If they didn't have the Great Hall in it, there would be complaints that it is not complete.

You are clearly focussed on minifigures, which is fine. Other people like buildings, with less focus on minifigures and this set appears to be for them.

12 minutes ago, MAB said:

At $350/$400/$500 (various rumours on price), you would only ever get 2-3 modulars worth of bricks, or a few Great Halls worth. There would be complaints that it isn't Hogwarts, just a few individual parts. It would look a bit like the UCS Assault on Hoth. What's the point of it, when they are already doing minifigure scale building that you can assemble like that. More complaints that people are being "forced" to buy large sets to get a complete Hogwarts.

LEGO cannot do Hogwarts at minifigure scale and make it sellable. Some people do want architecture style sets, and this is for them. The building is the selling point, not the minifigures. Those that want play sets already have the play sets with minifigures in. They will presumably get more of them too.

Personally, I think they could have done this without the crappy little nano figs. To me, they add nothing in similar sets where the build is the star (Helicarrier, Saturn V). However, I imagine the cost of them is very low and the resale value will be quite high as they won't come with other smaller sets, so they may be a good way of offsetting part of the cost of the set.

Here are six of those pieces ... :-)

LEGO-Harry-Potter-75956-Quidditch-Match-

While it is a good price per part ratio compared to other licensed sets, there does appear to be a lot of basic bricks in primary colours in there (I haven't checked inventories yet) so when comparing the parts (outside of the minfiigs) maybe the Classic sets are a good comparison.

Basic techniques don’t really bother me, the Set looks fun!

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Basic techniques don’t really bother me, the Set looks fun!

It is not so much the techniques, but the parts. For example, there seem to be a lot of 1x2x2 bricks in there, which are quite cheap (about 2-5p on BL). So while the average price per part might be low, it is not necessarily a good indicator of value.

49 minutes ago, Jern92 said:

They're on reddit

Thanks but i can't find it. I never understood how reddit works lol :D

33 minutes ago, MAB said:

It is not so much the techniques, but the parts. For example, there seem to be a lot of 1x2x2 bricks in there, which are quite cheap (about 2-5p on BL). So while the average price per part might be low, it is not necessarily a good indicator of value.

Okay, well i think £35 for 500 bricks and 5 Minifigures, with some new moulds, is great. Personally I think going into seperate bricks and complaining their cheap bricks is a bit ridiculous. Especially in a Set with those new characters and the golden snitch. But each to their own