Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

So I've been quietly following this threat since the beginning and I rarely ever add to the conversation on this site, but with the reaction to the microscale I just gotta say;

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!

It's 500-600 bucks. With the price to piece ratio in the upcoming wave we can assume TLG is being generous so that's about 5000-7000 pieces. For context: that is about 11/2 Death Stars.Now imagine taking that amount of pieces and building a minifig scale, UCS quality section of Hogwarts. Wanna built the Great Hall? There already is a flagship Great Hall set with plenty and exclusive minifigures. So let's try something else-wouldn't be that easy now, would it?

I really don't want to be rude, but if you're disappointed by this then it's your own fault.

Now what I'm asking is that we stop this "LEGO sucks for not giving me what I want" or "nobody is gonna buy it" type of circlejerking so many threads fall in to these days.

It's a microscale, that's it. If you're not happy about that, I'm sorry, but let's keep this discussion positive. Harry Potter is back after 7 years! There is plenty of Hogwarts being offered and there will surely be more to come.

I for one was always a fan of this 2000 piece MOC from LEGO Ideas, so I guess we can expect something along the line of this 3x;

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e843928c-e73f-4343-b75e-6bb93145c781

EDIT: Also, the microfigs look neat. Seems to include students of every house.

Edited by Alegrispa

9 minutes ago, Kristin W said:

July 1 is definite for US customers as sets 75953 (Willow), 75954 (Great Hall) & 75956 (Quidditch) are now visible on lego shop @ home. No 75955 (Hogwarts Express) as of yet.

They are also on the uk shop but have a 1st August date next to them ?

On 6/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, HarryPotter said:

I hope to get the main Hogwarts staff on Harry's time (Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid, Snape, Flitwick, Sprout, Trelawney, Filch, Madam Hooch, Madam Pomfrey) on either sets of CMFs in order to populate the D2C.

Yeah, I would definitely like to see more teachers be introduced or reintroduced with this next run. I’m not sure if we have any hope with seeing the trolley witch in the Express set. But I’m holding out hope for some in the CMF. Getting Nearly Headless Nick is also a nice, somewhat obscure character. 

The students appear to be random children, no one specific, which is nice. One of them is definitely Umbridge, the other one could be Lupin or Lockhart. I just hope there won't be any exclusive minifigures included, but I'm kinda scared that the bricktober Umbridge might be put in here instead of the minifigure pack. :look:

There was a new (not yet public) pic of the nanofigs, so here is the list: Umbridge, Bellatrix, Luna, two other Ravenclaw students, two Hufflepuff students, two Slytherin students, Ginny, Snape, Lupin, dementor. Looks like there's another bag, because key characters are missing.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm kinda scared that the bricktober Umbridge might be put in here instead of the minifigure pack. :look:

Won't happen. That pack is there for a reason. Either lego will sell them directly or another company picks it up. But one thing is for sure it will stay exclusive in the pack. 

19 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

So I've been quietly following this threat since the beginning and I rarely ever add to the conversation on this site, but with the reaction to the microscale I just gotta say;

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!

It's 500-600 bucks. With the price to piece ratio in the upcoming wave we can assume TLG is being generous so that's about 5000-7000 pieces. For context: that is about 11/2 Death Stars.Now imagine taking that amount of pieces and building a minifig scale, UCS quality section of Hogwarts. Wanna built the Great Hall? There already is a flagship Great Hall set with plenty and exclusive minifigures. So let's try something else-wouldn't be that easy now, would it?

I really don't want to be rude, but if you're disappointed by this then it's your own fault.

Now what I'm asking is that we stop this "LEGO sucks for not giving me what I want" or "nobody is gonna buy it" type of circlejerking so many threads fall in to these days.

It's a microscale, that's it. If you're not happy about that, I'm sorry, but let's keep this discussion positive. Harry Potter is back after 7 years! There is plenty of Hogwarts being offered and there will surely be more to come.

I for one was always a fan of this 2000 piece MOC from LEGO Ideas, so I guess we can expect something along the line of this 3x;

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e843928c-e73f-4343-b75e-6bb93145c781

EDIT: Also, the microfigs look neat. Seems to include students of every house.

I expected a large section of Hogwarts (perhaps the rest) at the same scale as the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets, with lots of minifigs. Given the rumored price, that is not too much to ask. 

On 6/18/2018 at 8:48 AM, GryffindorResistance said:

I work for Lego so I can confirm this. On 7/1, we'll get Great Hall, Hogwarts Express, Whomping Willow, and Quidditch, while on 8/1, we'll get the 2 Fantastic Beasts sets, Aragog, and the CMF line! Very excited they pushed up the date!

I just called S@H, they didn’t say anything about the Express. Should I call the store I plan on going to & ask them?

36 minutes ago, Heppy9 said:

They are also on the uk shop but have a 1st August date next to them ?

What the hell Lego, the Quidditch set is already appearing in stores!

I know a lot of people are disappointed by the castle being minifigure scale. At first I was too but I think this could really be amazing. I've always loved that HP dvd box set that came with a mini Hogwarts and I'm guessing this castle will be bigger than that. I can't wait to build it and at this price it's going to be very accurate. 

I hope that they are going to include the four founders in normal scale as exclusives for this set. Or at least give us some exclusive minifigures. 

3 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Any hints to find the pics on Instagram? It’s nt in the usually places

Search for #legoharrypotter and scroll down a bit.

46 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!

Exactly this. D2C sets are and have always been beasts of their own. A D2C Hogwarts has to stand on its own, not connect to other sets, and the fact the we are already getting a Great Hall was enough to tell us this D2C is going to be something different than what we’ve gotten before, and that’s a good thing. D2C’s are, at the end of the day, giant display pieces, so it just makes so much sense to have a full model of Hogwarts to put on a coffee table or in a display case.

To those that are upset at Lego for not listening to fans, you’re getting your Hogwarts too. Buy the minifig scale sets and show them you want more.

I think it’s a great idea though and I can’t wait to see the final product.

Just now, Goonmo said:

I think it’s a great idea though and I can’t wait to see the final product.

I agree! Also, I like how people are already boy cutting the set without even seeing the it first. 

4 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Search for #legoharrypotter and scroll down a bit.

There’s only a description for me

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

There’s only a description for me

Further down, beyond the Minecraft sets. 

This was disappointing news :cry_sad: But I am sure Lego know what they are doing, this is probably a set that will sell a lot to HP fans that are not into Lego yet and suddenly they have a lot of new AFOLs to sell sets to :wink:

Will I buy it?! Not sure, I am not a collector of micro/nanofig size sets, so I will make up my mind when I see it. It is most likely a great looking set, but not what I was hoping for..

As several people already have said, if we are patient we will get a huge minifigsized Hogwarts with the regular sets after some years, and the quality and detail of the sets are more than good enough for me..

We still have the CMF to look forward to as well :thumbup:

Well since we aren't getting a big Hogwarts set these are the sets I think we will see and what movie it will be based on:

-Clocktower 3rd

-Astronomy Tower 6th

-Greenhouses 2nd

-Viaduct Entrance 4th

-Boat House 7th part 2

-Owlry 5th

-Hagrid's Hut 3rd

Really confused about August 1st date on the U.K. site, they’re already showing up in stores so what gives