Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Kneel Before Bane said:

And not once did you post about wanting a micro scale before the leak today

No, but I also haven't spent much time on here since about November (when the Diner modular was announced). 

People can want things but not talk about them.

Guess this will be an easy pass. Not a huge problem for me, I'm looking forward to seeing how they expand their minifig sized Hogwarts throughout further waves. 

I’m not really sure what people were expecting. Hogwarts is gigantic, there’s no way to accurately do it in minifigure scale in d2c quality. 

Personally after hearing the news I dont think the price of the Hogwarts will be €350-€450 because The Simpsons house & The Kwik E Mart were only €200 and they had roughly around 2,500 pieces I cant see them using anymore pieces than that in the USC Hogwarts

13 minutes ago, Kneel Before Bane said:

Clearly people wanted a minifig scale castle so yes they are ignoring what we want? Find one person who was asking for a micro scale over a minifig scale. 

Feel free to read through the last 200 pages of this discussion. I don’t like the idea of a micro scale right now (although I love the Helicarrier so maybe they’ll pull it off) but I have definitely seen people asking if it was a possibility earlier in this forum. 

Yeah. Can you imagine the sheer size of a Mini-fig scale Hogwarts? To do it justice you'd need like 10k+ parts easily. Not to mention the footprint it would create. Many people skipped the coaster cause of space reasons alone. Now think of Hogwarts. Before judging people should wait to see what it looks like. Technic Bugatti had the same issue where all of a sudden people who thought they wouldn't buy it before pictures decided they would after pictures. I'm willing to bet the same thing will happen with this. 

Just now, SheldonF said:

Yeah. Can you imagine the sheer size of a Mini-fig scale Hogwarts? To do it justice you'd need like 10k+ parts easily. Not to mention the footprint it would create. Many people skipped the coaster cause of space reasons alone. Now think of Hogwarts. Before judging people should wait to see what it looks like. Technic Bugatti had the same issue where all of a sudden people who thought they wouldn't buy it before pictures decided they would after pictures. I'm willing to bet the same thing will happen with this. 

We didn’t expect a minifig scale set though, that’s the thing. We expected a system-scale Set like the great hall

You guys want a minifigure-scale Hogwarts? Wait for LEGO to release all the connecting pieces of it in  future retail sets because that’s the only way it was ever going to happen.

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Feel free to read through the last 200 pages of this discussion. I don’t like the idea of a micro scale right now (although I love the Helicarrier so maybe they’ll pull it off) but I have definitely seen people asking if it was a possibility earlier in this forum. 

People discussing if its micro scale and actually wanting a micro scale set are two entirely different things 

34 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Wow, well my hope for this set just died down a lot ... Oh well, that rumored UCS Cloud City set is looking better now.

Mine too :( But yes, the idea of two major large sets releasing at the end of the year was rather daunting to my purse, so every cloud :)

I don’t think anyone was expecting a minifig scale Hogwarts. What we want is a Hogwarts to scale with the other two Hogwarts sets being released. If that’s what is meant by “micro scale” then great! If micro scale means it’s really small and doesn’t connect to the other sets then screw that. It’s a total waste. I can’t believe LEGO would be that stupid though. I’ve been monitoring most sites that get leaks and I’ve seen nothing to confirm this. What I want is a Hogwarts set with the rumored $500-$600 price that connects to the other two sets and comes with about as many minifigs as the Death Star. That’s what we should get, that’s what 99 out of 100 people want, it would make no sense for LEGO to release a smaller scale that doesn’t relate to the other sets or even come with a nice range of minifigs. Nanofigs are utterly useless except for ant man. This would be an insane disappointment and LEGO would lose a lot of sales. Maybe 1 out of 100 people would want that. 

I believe that the terms “minifig scale” and “system scale” are typically used interchangeably on this thread to mean the scale of Hogwarts Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets.

Honestly, I’m angry with LEGO for making fans wait so long for any information. If you’re releasing an expensive set like this, you have to give people time to save for it instead of revealing it a week before the release. There’s no reason we don’t have any factual information on this supposed D2C set. It’s infuriating. We all want to know what we’re saving for! 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly, I’m angry with LEGO for making fans wait so long for any information. If you’re releasing an expensive set like this, you have to give people time to save for it instead of revealing it a week before the release. There’s no reason we don’t have any factual information on this supposed D2C set. It’s infuriating. We all want to know what we’re saving for! 

Actually, there is a perfectly good reason. Chinese companies have started producing knock-offs faster and faster. Lego don't want them getting them out before the official release. 

They're even more careful when it comes to licensed sets.

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think anyone was expecting a minifig scale Hogwarts. What we want is a Hogwarts to scale with the other two Hogwarts sets being released. If that’s what is meant by “micro scale” then great! If micro scale means it’s really small and doesn’t connect to the other sets then screw that. It’s a total waste. I can’t believe LEGO would be that stupid though. I’ve been monitoring most sites that get leaks and I’ve seen nothing to confirm this. What I want is a Hogwarts set with the rumored $500-$600 price that connects to the other two sets and comes with about as many minifigs as the Death Star. That’s what we should get, that’s what 99 out of 100 people want, it would make no sense for LEGO to release a smaller scale that doesn’t relate to the other sets or even come with a nice range of minifigs. Nanofigs are utterly useless except for ant man. This would be an insane disappointment and LEGO would lose a lot of sales. Maybe 1 out of 100 people would want that. 

But why on earth would they release in incomplete $500 set of Hogwarts when they could release the other pieces in future retail sets, if they really want this to be an evergreen line. A lot of d2c sets are just display pieces that look really nice but aren’t minifigure compatible. Frankly I could see a lot of people wanting a detailed, complete model of Hogwarts, even if they can’t “play” with it.

22 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

I’m sure I’ll like this set once pictures are revealed but right now I’m disappointed by the news and upset that it’s not figure compatible. I think I’ll still end up getting it though because I don’t have a problem with the micro scale Helicarrier. 

Everyone who wants a system-scale Hogwarts should just be patient because we probably are getting that, just in seperate chunks, starting in a few weeks with the Great Hall and Womping Willow sets.

Edited by Yochip

Just now, Yochip said:

Everyone who wants a system-scale Hogwarts should just be patient because we probably are getting that, just in seperate chunks, starting in a few weeks with the Great Hall and Womping Willow sets.

fingers crossed for a new chamber of secrets......

1 minute ago, Yochip said:

But why on earth would they release in incomplete $500 set of Hogwarts when they could release the other pieces in future retail sets, if they really want this to be an evergreen line. A lot of d2c sets are just display pieces that look really nice but aren’t minifigure compatible. Frankly I could see a lot of people wanting a detailed, complete model of Hogwarts, even if they can’t “play” with it.

I don’t care about playing with it but looks the Star Wars UCS sets. The Death Star for example, isn’t minifig scale, but still has an interior and comes with a ton of minifigures. I would love a full, detailed Hogwarts, but not at the cost of size and minifigures. If the scale is any smaller than the other two system scale sets, it’s not really worth it, it’s like a mini build. 

Look, if it ends up being microscale then I’m happy for those who wanted that. I really am, there’s nothing better than LEGO exceeding our expectations and giving us exactly what we want. I honestly think the vast majority of people, including myself, don’t want that though. If it comes with minifigures as well, especially exclusive ones, I’ll get it. If it’s just a tiny scale Hogwarts with nothing but nanofigs for $300 or more, I will definitely pass. Good for those of you who won’t, if it’s what you want. I, personally, was hoping for something much better, and will be thoroughly disappointed if this new rumor is true. I don’t understand why we haven’t gotten any leaks yet, and I hope LEGO reveals it soon so we can all know for sure. I’m very sick of all the speculation, guesswork, and rumors. I want concrete evidence on what this is and I hope it comes soon.

July 1 is definite for US customers as sets 75953 (Willow), 75954 (Great Hall) & 75956 (Quidditch) are now visible on lego shop @ home. No 75955 (Hogwarts Express) as of yet.