Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, MAB said:

So if it does turn out to be microscale, will people still refer to it using the (incorrect) UCS label?

Remember Helicarrier? It is indeed a UCS. And I personally think just like the Helicarrier it will have some figs that are exclusive. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS. JUST A THOUGHT. Just want to be clear. Nothing is confirmed yet. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Remember Helicarrier? It is indeed a UCS. And I personally think just like the Helicarrier it will have some figs that are exclusive. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS. JUST A THOUGHT. Just want to be clear. Nothing is confirmed yet. 

I remember the non-UCS Helicarrier.

Just now, MAB said:

I remember the non-UCS Helicarrier.

It’s a tired argument. But it came with a UCS style plaque and was a large and expensive set. What’s so bad with calling it UCS?

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

Let´s see how they have been revised...

Is that the "microfigs"? Figs from board games. I have to be clear on this if that's so, the one we're going to get is "NANO FIGS."

It is interesting that AFOLs are complaining about an architecture style set, which could be a decent large small-scale model with no play features. Often AFOLs complain about too many play features, making them appeal to juniors, at the expense of detail. Yet if it is a detailed set based on the architecture, it should have been something else.

LEGO was never going to be able to make a full Hogwarts at minifigure scale. If they go minfiigure scale, they miss buildings and correct scale, if they go microscale they miss play features.

I'm sorry, kinda new to all of this, but what is the difference between nano and micro figs?

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Peeps don't be confused. We're going to get Nanofigs not Microfigs

Will we be getting regular minifigures too, like in the Helicarrier?

I really don’t understand making Hogwarts microscale. Why would they ignore what the community wants? Here’s to hoping the bootleggers learn from this and produce something we actually want. 

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Will we be getting regular minifigures too, like in the Helicarrier?

Right now there's no concrete information so I won't say either yes or no, but imo it should have regular minifigs. 

A lot of people are complaining, but I am sure a lot of people are also happy. 

Personally, a nano-scale Hogwarts would make a much nicer display piece. 

As for the UCS / Not-UCS argument. Technically UCS only refers to Star Wars sets, but that doesn't mean the Helicarrier isn't the equivalent of UCS for the Marvel license.

5 minutes ago, hayduke said:

I'm sorry, kinda new to all of this, but what is the difference between nano and micro figs?

15904205364_a37bf8f431_b.jpg

From left to right: Nanofig, Microfig, Minifig

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

1 minute ago, hayduke said:

Google it. Micro figs are used usually for board games / Nano figs is used as Antman / Nick Fury / Captain America and Ironman from UCS Helicarrier. 

Just now, MicroJow said:

If it turns out to be microscale, they just lost a sale.

what he said

Wow, well my hope for this set just died down a lot. I liked the helicarrier and I'm sure the set will still be pretty cool but I think it would have been way better if it was a normal set. Oh well, that rumored UCS Cloud City set is looking better now.

A lot of you are saying you're not interested any more. 

Out of curiosity, why are you against the idea of the micro-scale Hogwarts? 

9 minutes ago, Kneel Before Bane said:

I really don’t understand making Hogwarts microscale. Why would they ignore what the community wants? Here’s to hoping the bootleggers learn from this and produce something we actually want. 

They aren't. If you prefer minifig scale playsets, then buy the playsets. There are plenty of them.

And if you want fakes, then buy fakes.

51 minutes ago, MAB said:

They aren't. If you prefer minifig scale playsets, then buy the playsets. There are plenty of them.

And if you want fakes, then buy fakes.

Clearly people wanted a system scale castle so yes they are ignoring what we want? Find one person who was asking for a micro scale over a minifig scale. 

Edited by Kneel Before Bane
Messed up names of scales. Dont want to confuse other users

Just now, Kneel Before Bane said:

Clearly people wanted a minifig scale castle so yes they are ignoring what we want? Find one person who was asking for a micro scale over a minifig scale. 

Me. Personally I'm quite happy at the smaller scale model.