Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I understand why they would do microscale, it just holds no interest for me, i guess that just means i have more money to spend on other sets. I think that microscale works better with vehicles because with vehicles there is less places you would put the figures anyway

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So when I say microscale, I mean like the helicarrier. It is also based on books 1-7 I’m pretty sure 

Do you know, what exactly is included?

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I can agree to some extent but even the Falcon you can still play with figures and you won't be able to do this with the Hogwarts

Some sets aren't designed for play.  That is why they make playsets based on specific areas.   For instance, a minifig scale helicarrier would not be feasable, so they created the hulk set which recreated a portion of the helicarrier. 

Also, you have the entire architecture series, the creator Big Ben and Tower bridge sets that are not minifig scale, they are display pieces.  It's not like this is a new idea.

I love the architecture of Hogwarts, but I think the extremely inaccurate Great Hall set doesn't do it any justice. Building it at a smaller scale would make it possible to depict the entire castle for the first time - including some beautiful but relatively unknown buildings like the bell towers - and place a bigger emphasis on architectural accuracy.
I'm currently trying to build a 70x80 cm full Hogwarts castle in LDD and I estimate it's going to take just under 5000 pieces - which seems consistent with the reported price of the UCS set. And even though this means most of the buildings look like microscale, it is still easily possible to put some minifigure-scale rooms into the towers and the rear of the bigger buildings at this scale.

Edited by Graupensuppe

I'd rather spend that money to buy another Great Hall in order to have that iconic silhouette complete. So disappointed with the idea of the UCS being a microscale model :(

41 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Until we see pictures I’m taking this with a large grain of salt. People seem to be believing the HP leaks way too quickly, and a lot of them have turned out wrong.

I've seen pics of the microfigs. And what leaks are you actually pertaining to that is not correct? 

I was hoping for a portion of the building in minifig scale.  While some, like Big Ben or the Statue of Liberty are not minifig sized, I was willing to buy them for parts, as the price per part was fine.  For $500, unless the piece count is 8000+, it's not worth it to me.  In my opinion, even London Bridge and Big Ben could be worthwhile as displays (like the architecture sets), but the Helicarier is not, since it should be a playable set but was not.  I think a microscale Hogwarts will be a flop at that price tag personally.  Good news for me: I'll take that money and buy multiple copies of the Great Hall for parts now.

9 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

And?...Who will we get?

Umbridge, Lupin(?), dementor, Luna and students who are unclear who they are.

6 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

And?...Who will we get?

There's plenty of them (13 I think) I'm not a big HP fan and I can't name them all also it is jumpacked in the plastic. 

Obvious choice will be the pink one is Dolores Umbridge and dark tan could Kingsley Shacklebolt.

And a bunch of students in the uniform. 

Just now, dimaks13 said:

Ayt you beat me on that! Just a matter of second. Haha! 

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

There's plenty of them (13 I think) I'm not a big HP fan and I can't name them all also it is jumpacked in the plastic. 

Obvious choice will be the pink one is Dolores Umbridge and dark tan could Kingsley Shacklebolt.

Ayt you beat me on that! Just a matter of second. Haha! 

Where did you see the figs? I cant seem to find them

11 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

Thanks.

Did you two see a picture of them?

Yeap we know each other, just like @Falconfan1414

Just now, Andrew Spader said:

Where did you see the figs? I cant seem to find them

Give it atleast an hour, IG will have them. 

21 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I've seen pics of the microfigs. And what leaks are you actually pertaining to that is not correct? 

I was referring to knights Bus, CMF list, original set descriptions. 

Just now, Whovastron said:

I was referring to knights Bus, CMF list, original set descriptions. 

Information got mixed up for the CMF list and the Knight Bus was a wrong one. I can't blame you, there are inaccuracies for HP leaks/ won't force you to believe what we saw. Later this day, you'll have to see it on your own.

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

speaking of instagram.  anyone know who to follow now, it seems the people I have been following have had their counts suspended recently.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Information got mixed up for the CMF list and the Knight Bus was a wrong one. I can't blame you, there are inaccuracies for HP leaks/ won't force you to believe what we saw. Later this day, you'll have to see it on your own.

That’s fair enough, I’m just really disappointed it’s not a system scale set. And seeing others reactions it seems I’m not the only one. I suppose this does allow Lego to potentially make a ‘flagship’ building set every year; The Clock tower, Bell towers, astronomy tower etc.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Information got mixed up for the CMF list 

Can you please elaborate on this one? Does it mean that the list we've seen in January (?) is somewhat close to reality?

So if it does turn out to be microscale, will people still refer to it using the (incorrect) UCS label?

Just now, MAB said:

So if it does turn out to be microscale, will people still refer to it using the (incorrect) UCS label?

The term UCS is really given based on personal preference. For example I class the Tumbler and Helicarrier as UCS, but other don’t. A £500 scale-model Of Hogwarts is definitely UCS in my books

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeap we know each other, just like @Falconfan1414

Do you reckon it will just be the microfigs? Or the whole set?