Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I've been surprised by brickbuild Fawkes in the Great Hall, do you think it could be a new Fawkes mould in the D2C ?

The FB set 1 was the very first set of the line discovered, while we still don't have official images for FB set 2 and Aragog, that new calendar seems logical.

8 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

We do know it’s Hogwarts

We don’t know for certain. While granted it probably is Hogwarts, we don’t know for sure. I would say we will know in a couple of weeks what it actually is (cough Comic-Con cough) 

HEY! We already exhausted the D2C will it be won’t it be Hogwarts talk. Please don’t carry it on until there’s any actual new information to go on. Thanks.

A little theory I have (may have mentioned before) about the D2C; is that the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets are previews of the two different ways the D2C will be constructed.

in the Great Hall Set we have a large “iconic” building. Both the tower and hall are connected and not able to detach from one another.

now, in the Whomping Willow Set, if you look at the different sections, there are grey 1x2s with technique pin holes spread about he separate structures, making this a very modular set. From what I can tell it can be separated into 4; the large tower, the bridge/arch, and the two small towers/walls that are near enough identical from the outside.

much like how the Hoth Attack Set previewed the trench in Assault on Hoth. I think these sets are a taster for how the modular nature of the D2C will work. There will be large “iconic” buildings, say 5 or 6, that have high detail and have the technique bricks either side. And then along with these you get a multitude of various sized towers and bridges/arches, probably similar in design to the ones in the Whomping Willow Set, that can be used to configure the castle to whichever way you like. Additionally, this could make people buy multiples of the Willow Set, in order to gain a few more towers and walls to add to their Hogwarts configuration

what dyou guys think?? 

Edited by Whovastron

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

A little theory I have (may have mentioned before) about the D2C; is that the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets are previews of the two different ways the D2C will be constructed.

in the Great Hall Set we have a large “iconic” building. Both the tower and hall are connected and not able to detach from one another.

now, in the Whomping Willow Set, if you look at the different sections, there are grey 1x2s with technique pin holes spread about he separate structures, making this a very modular set. From what I can tell it can be separated into 4; the large tower, the bridge/arch, and the two small towers/walls that are near enough identical from the outside.

much like how the Hoth Attack Set previewed the trench in Assault on Hoth. I think these sets are a taster for how the modular nature of the D2C will work. There will be large “iconic” buildings, say 5 or 6, that have high detail and have the technique bricks either side. And then along with these you get a multitude of various sized towers and bridges/arches, probably similar in design to the ones in the Whomping Willow Set, that can be used to configure the castle to whichever way you like. Additionally, this could make people buy multiples of the Willow Set, in order to gain a few more towers and walls to add to their Hogwarts configuration

what dyou guys think?? 

It sounds good, but 5 or 6 large buildings might be a little too much to hope for.

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Do you happen to know if the release date was changed because of the demand for the sets?

Aren't all new sets in demand? Changing dates are probably due to either earlier production or more likely the original dates were just preliminary.

Quidditch is already out in the UK, so in that and the range has already been released.

Edited by MAB

I'm curious why some believe the D2C might be diagon alley, when a version was released in 2011 and still looks great. New iterations are welcome but $500 seems like a lot for diagon alley, unless it is very detailed and large scale.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

UCS is Hogwarts but I have bad news, it’s microscale 

Is it still £500? A £500 microscale build would be pretty huge.

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

How do you know, did you see it?...Are there minifigs included like in the Helicarrier?

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

are there pictures somewhere? or is it just something you saw in person

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That's what I expected, the great hall set really wouldn't make much sense otherwise :wink: As long as we're still getting a couple of great minifigs à la Helicarrier, I'm fine with that :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

A £500 microscale Set doesn’t make sense.

if you’ve heard this from someone, is it possible they could have mistaken the system scale for micro? Microfigures technically are in scale with the great hall exterior 

Edited by Whovastron

It's annoying that it's microscale because this takes away the possibility of having sets of more obscure parts of the castle

Edited by RealGeronimo11

I saw on someone’s Instagram story that it’s $350-450. I’m really mad about it being micro scale. I’ve been saving since February and I was hoping for a large playable castle! 

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You mean literally? *huh*

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw on someone’s Instagram story that it’s $350-450. I’m really mad about it being micro scale. I’ve been saving since February and I was hoping for a large playable castle! 

Everyone was, my friend. I guess, at least they can focus on stuff like the Chamber of Secrets in other sets to connect together

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I know a lot people are upset about this being microscale, but I am not one of them  We can get playability, cool features, etc from regular sets (Great Hall, Whomping Willow, etc) but the likely hood of getting a decent looking replica of teh entire Hogwarts in one set is impossible.  It would dwarf the latest falcon, and would  have to be tens of thousands of bricks.  At least this way we get one cohesive Hogwarts, hopefully built  into the mountains (something you would never get in the playsets) and hopefully, possiibilty for the chamber, and room for the grounds including stadium, Hagrid's hut, etc.  Can't wait to see it!!!!! 

Edited by RyanMe

Until we see pictures I’m taking this with a large grain of salt. People seem to be believing the HP leaks way too quickly, and a lot of them have turned out wrong.

Just now, RyanMe said:

I know a lot people are upset about this being microscale, but I am not one of them  We can get playability, cool features, etc from regular sets (Great Hall, Whomping Willow, etc) but the likely hood of getting a decent looking replica of teh entire Hogwarts in one set is impossible.  It would dwarf the latest falcon, and would  have to be tens of thousands of bricks.  At least this way we get one cohesive Hogwarts, hopefully built  into the mountains (something you would never get in the playsets) and hopefully room for the grounds including stadium, Hagrid's hut, etc.  Can't wait to see it!!!!! 

I can agree to some extent but even the Falcon you can still play with figures and you won't be able to do this with the Hogwarts

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So when I say microscale, I mean like the helicarrier. It is also based on books 1-7 I’m pretty sure 

Have you seen images or is this just hearsay?