Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I don't think that the D2C will feature any exterior buildings, unfortunately.

My dream D2C Hogwarts would be:

• Gryffindor Common Room (I'd also love if it featured the Fat Lady's portrait);
  • Harry and Ron's dormitory;
  • Dumbledore's Office;
  • Library;
  • Great Hall;
  • Potions Classroom;
  • Transfiguration Classroom;
  • Grand Staircase;
  • Greenhouse.

Too unrealistic?

I think the greenhouse is questionable due to being an out building but I am hopeful it’s there.  The rest I think are strong possibilities except for library and transfig. 

What about the hospital wing? I would love that to be in there. It features so often in the books; can’t quite remember how often in the movies. And would be great for playability. Is that an important enough location?

My daughter is saving all her pocket money, Christmas and birthday money for this set. It will take her several years. I hope that when she eventually gets it she will let me build some of it!!

17 minutes ago, alsielou said:

What about the hospital wing? I would love that to be in there. It features so often in the books; can’t quite remember how often in the movies. And would be great for playability. Is that an important enough location?

My daughter is saving all her pocket money, Christmas and birthday money for this set. It will take her several years. I hope that when she eventually gets it she will let me build some of it!!

Pretty sure the hospital wing is in the Clocktower in Prisoner of Azkaban, hopefully it will be there in the Set for the interior detailing.

13 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I think it will at least contain the 4 common rooms, dumbledores office and DADA classroom (maybe staircase and great hall)

I think it's extremely unlikely to feature the Common Rooms of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw since they were never featured on the movies.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Pretty sure the hospital wing is in the Clocktower in Prisoner of Azkaban, hopefully it will be there in the Set for the interior detailing.

Yep, it is.

17 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

On harry's birthday? Is that what you mean?

Indeed. What better way to celebrate his birthday. 

3 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Indeed. What better way to celebrate his birthday. 

Telling a potterhead the August 1st release date earned me a 5 minute rant :laugh:

15 hours ago, Ultron said:

Also Lego would have to be completely out of their minds to try and sell a $500 microscale hogwarts. 

Hopefully they are not :wacko: Almost the only thing that can stop me from buying this set is if it is not "minifig sized".. A microscale set would be more accurate and include the hole castle, but I do not collect microscale and have little interest in sets who are not made to fit minifigs.. That would be a real bummer, but at least I can buy the normal sets and get a good Hogwarts after a lot of waves into the future :wink:

13 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I don't think that the D2C will feature any exterior buildings, unfortunately.

Me neither..

12 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I think there’s a good chance we’ll get some exterior thing s like Hagrid’s Hut and the greenhouses. And the Owlery of course 

HH will most likely be a set in a future wave, no point in wasting bricks on that in a set like this when it is a good standalone set. The greenhouses have a bigger chance of getting included especially if the set focus on film 1-2, but if the GH/WW set connect to the D2C I think it is more likely we get a separate greenhouse set in the future.. In the books the owlery is in the castle and would most likely be included, but in some of the films it is a separate building so if they follow that it could end up as a future separate set.. I hope it is included, because the sets are lacing owls so far..

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hopefully they are not :wacko: Almost the only thing that can stop me from buying this set is if it is not "minifig sized".. A microscale set would be more accurate and include the hole castle, but I do not collect microscale and have little interest in sets who are not made to fit minifigs.. That would be a real bummer, but at least I can buy the normal sets and get a good Hogwarts after a lot of waves into the future :wink:

Me neither..

HH will most likely be a set in a future wave, no point in wasting bricks on that in a set like this when it is a good standalone set. The greenhouses have a bigger chance of getting included especially if the set focus on film 1-2, but if the GH/WW set connect to the D2C I think it is more likely we get a separate greenhouse set in the future.. In the books the owlery is in the castle and would most likely be included, but in some of the films it is a separate building so if they follow that it could end up as a future separate set.. I hope it is included, because the sets are lacing owls so far..

Whilst I agree with you. It seems even though lego are looking to make this a lasting theme, they are doing some ‘damage control’ just incase it doesn’t sell. Having a Voldemort in the CMF and Dolores etc. In the minifig pack. I think they’re going to cover all the bases they can. Whilst a Hagrids Hut Set would make more sense as it’s own set, I think there is a chance we’ll see it in the D2C

If we are on the subject of the UCS Hogwarts, I have a couple of ideas on how it could possibly be laid out. 

First off, it depends on if LEGO is planning to move forward with the films, or continue to still focus on the first 3. I'm assuming the castle will be more like a mix between the 60's Batcave, Joker Manor, and Assault on Hoth, giving us large castle pieces, but separated by 2-3 sections.

Figure, we are already getting the Great Hall with one tower, and also, the Whomping Willow courtyard, so I could see the set including these buildings:

MAIN TOWER (a much larger scale version of the tower next to the great hall)

- 3 layers (Dungeons -> Moving Staircases -> Dumbledore's office at the top)

THE CLOCK TOWER

- I can see this build being quite similar to the 2004 Hogwarts castle, but cleaned up. A couple of classrooms on the side, with the Clock in the center.

- Could include: Divination Room, Lupin's classroom with Boggart cupboard (to coincide with the train set)

- Flying boar gates

VIADUCT ENTRANCE/CENTRAL TOWER (The one to the far right of the Great Hall in which the bridge leads into)

- This would be a good spot for classrooms, library, and maybe Gryffindor tower.

- If they are sticking with the 1-3 theme, I could see the possibility of Myrtle's bathroom (indicating a future Chamber of Secrets set), the Troll bathroom, or even Fluffy's trapdoor.

All of these buildings would be in scale with The Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets. If the Hogwarts really is closer to a $500 price range, I could definitely see it having at least 2 of these main buildings. If a 3rd building isn't included, I could see it having some small extra pieces, like the Boat House, Greenhouse or some smaller piece.

As for figures, we can assume Harry, Ron, Hermione, a couple of new students, maybe Trelawney and Flitwick, dementors, a Dumbledore or McGonagall variant, maybe another ghost, and of course, Lord Voldemort (I know he's not in it until Goblet, but how could they have this set without a Voldemort variant).

I have a feeling that LEGO is going to approach the D2C in a WWoHP kind of fashion. The WWoHP in florida doesn't include every part of Hogwarts that we see in the films however it does contain the most important parts. To a 'simple' fan it would seem complete.

I think and hope the D2C will look very much like that. That way the set will (with it's price and piece count) be able to pul of something amazing and big. I also think we should get Lockhart and maybe the Michael Gambon Dumbledore or maybe the original one with a hat and hairpiece. 

1 hour ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I have a feeling that LEGO is going to approach the D2C in a WWoHP kind of fashion. The WWoHP in florida doesn't include every part of Hogwarts that we see in the films however it does contain the most important parts. To a 'simple' fan it would seem complete.

I think and hope the D2C will look very much like that. That way the set will (with it's price and piece count) be able to pul of something amazing and big. I also think we should get Lockhart and maybe the Michael Gambon Dumbledore or maybe the original one with a hat and hairpiece. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it is like the Disney castle where they purposely base it on the theme park building. But they change the inside to have the rooms. Then for minifigures just include the founders of Hogwarts. Limiting it to the one at Universal means they could make a big mountain section with the entrance at the bottom.  

47 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it is like the Disney castle where they purposely base it on the theme park building. But they change the inside to have the rooms. Then for minifigures just include the founders of Hogwarts. Limiting it to the one at Universal means they could make a big mountain section with the entrance at the bottom.  

I would prefer if they had the boathouse as the “entrance” which has now become a pretty iconic part of the castle though they changed it in film 8 ?

And under the castle could be a nice chamber of secrets. I honestly could see them do this. It would be reeeeally cool!

Edited by Brick Wizard001

37 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

And under the castle could be a nice chamber of secrets. I honestly could see them do this. It would be reeeeally cool!

I'd honestly rather if the Chamber of Secrets was a standalone set, we'd probably get a much less detailed version of it on the D2C.

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

I'd honestly rather if the Chamber of Secrets was a standalone set, we'd probably get a much less detailed version of it on the D2C.

Only if it's a $80+ plus set. I'd hate to see a $20 chamber of secrets set with just the snake door or something. 

On 6/16/2018 at 1:17 PM, alsielou said:

Seeing as the HP sets focus on the earlier movies, I would consider the hospital where my important as it relates well with Chamber of Secrets. And again in Prisoner of Azkaban. Plus a Madam Pomfrey would be a welcomed minifig. 

17 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Seeing as the HP sets focus on the earlier movies, I would consider the hospital where my important as it relates well with Chamber of Secrets. And again in Prisoner of Azkaban. Plus a Madam Pomfrey would be a welcomed minifig. 

I hope to get the main Hogwarts staff on Harry's time (Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid, Snape, Flitwick, Sprout, Trelawney, Filch, Madam Hooch, Madam Pomfrey) on either sets of CMFs in order to populate the D2C.

Target has 4 of the Harry Potter sets on their app and website. They all have release dates of July 1st 

Edited by Falconfan1414

49 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Target has 4 of the Harry Potter sets on their app and website. They all have release dates of July 1st 

US right?

8 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I would prefer if they had the boathouse as the “entrance” which has now become a pretty iconic part of the castle though they changed it in film 8 ?

I could see them saving the boathouse for a stand-alone set though.

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So what gives for Lego stating August 1st all along. Has there been any instance before where the release date has moved like that?

Who would have added the D2C data to Amazon? Is it officially done by Amazon or is that from marketplace sellers adding information? Just seems strange, with it meant to be D2C.