Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Here the link of Amazon about the D2C harry Potter: 71043 

16 year and up

7,36 kg

60 x 51.4 x 20 cm of package dimension.

1,6 kg heavier than the Disney castle :excited:

same size box as Joker Manor, but 3 lbs heavier.   I can't wait to see images!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

same size box as Joker Manor, but 3 lbs heavier.

Not according to Amazon, the joker manor box is only about 50l, while HP is over 61l and 2,19kg (4,8lbs) heavier :wink:

56 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I can't wait to see images!!!!!!!

:moar:

50 minutes ago, Larrycot said:

Are we sure those informations are true ? The Amazon ones

Amazon aren’t usually wrong

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Not according to Amazon, the joker manor box is only about 50l, while HP is over 61l and 2,19kg (4,8lbs) heavier :wink:

:moar:

I was basing it off what bricklink said for the size 58 x 48x 19 . Maybe it (bricklink) was referring to the completed set size.  

48 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Holy moley.

For comparison, what's the size and the weight of the Death Star?

Death Star was 58.5 by 19 by 49 cm. Also keep in mind amazon normally gets d2c’s later then there actual release date

Just thought this recently...what a missed opportunity to not release the sets the day before the official date...:shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Just thought this recently...what a missed opportunity to not release the sets the day before the official date...:shrug_oh_well:

On harry's birthday? Is that what you mean?

9 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I was basing it off what bricklink said for the size 58 x 48x 19 . Maybe it (bricklink) was referring to the completed set size.  

It is 58 x 48 x 18 on Amazon so that is almost the same as BL and do sound like the same size more or less as HP, but those extra few cm is actually a rather big difference when you calculate the number of litre the sets contain!

4 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Holy moley.

For comparison, what's the size and the weight of the Death Star?

The DT is around 7l and 1 kg smaller than HP :wink: The only set that I have compared with that is bigger is the MF (quite a lot bigger also), so this is definitely a beast of a set :grin_wub:

So the D2C is somewhere between the size of the Death Star and the Millenium Falcon...blimey I’m excited. It has to be Hogwarts!

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Death Star was 58.5 by 19 by 49 cm. Also keep in mind amazon normally gets d2c’s later then there actual release date

How much later? It says the release date is October 1st (which is way earlier than all the leaks have said, there’s been a heck of a lot of misinformation with the leaks for this theme)

Edited by Whovastron

Im not getting my hopes up for whatever this set is. But its certainly interesting if it is indeed that heavy.  :moar:

But I thought well known leakers from discord said it isn’t the castle.  Clearly this is a creator expert sized express with technic sized figs.

all joking aside, I’m not surprised at the size considering how much there is to the castle. What I’m curious about is what parts they’re going to exclude (HH, quidditch pitch) and where they’ll sacrifice for playability. I still would love a micro scale castle but am resigned to a facade with playable interior at this point. 

2 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

But I thought well known leakers from discord said it isn’t the castle.  Clearly this is a creator expert sized express with technic sized figs.

all joking aside, I’m not surprised at the size considering how much there is to the castle. What I’m curious about is what parts they’re going to exclude (HH, quidditch pitch) and where they’ll sacrifice for playability. I still would love a micro scale castle but am resigned to a facade with playable interior at this point. 

Pretty sure no one on discord has confirmed it’s not hogwarts. Just a lot of *speculation* that it’s diagon alley. 

Also Lego would have to be completely out of their minds to try and sell a $500 microscale hogwarts. 

Considering the size of the box etc., it’s gonna have between 4000-5000 piece for sure. And considering the combined Hogwarts from the regular sets comes in at around 1400 pieces, this set alone should be 3 times the size. Essentially we have a quarter of the castle from the regular sets I reckon

I really can not wait to see the set. I will not be able to buy it. He is far too expensive ...:cry3: I am going to buy some minifigures appart and maybe I will also buy some parts of Hogwarts by buying only those bricks.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

What I’m curious about is what parts they’re going to exclude (HH, quidditch pitch) and where they’ll sacrifice for playability. I still would love a micro scale castle but am resigned to a facade with playable interior at this point. 

I don't think that the D2C will feature any exterior buildings, unfortunately.

My dream D2C Hogwarts would be:

• Gryffindor Common Room (I'd also love if it featured the Fat Lady's portrait);
  • Harry and Ron's dormitory;
  • Dumbledore's Office;
  • Library;
  • Great Hall;
  • Potions Classroom;
  • Transfiguration Classroom;
  • Grand Staircase;
  • Greenhouse.

Too unrealistic?

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

I don't think that the D2C will feature any exterior buildings, unfortunately.

My dream D2C Hogwarts would be:

• Gryffindor Common Room (I'd also love if it featured the Fat Lady's portrait);
  • Harry and Ron's dormitory;
  • Dumbledore's Office;
  • Library;
  • Great Hall;
  • Potions Classroom;
  • Transfiguration Classroom;
  • Grand Staircase;
  • Greenhouse.

Too unrealistic?

I think there’s a good chance we’ll get some exterior thing s like Hagrid’s Hut and the greenhouses. And the Owlery of course 

Edited by Whovastron

49 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I think there’s a good chance we’ll get some exterior thing s like Hagrid’s Hut and the greenhouses. And the Owlery of course 

Definitely the Owlery? Why so sure? :)