Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 10.06.2018 at 9:38 PM, Whovastron said:

Have a look around Instagram, that’s where I saw it.

I’m so excited! Me and my partner have planned a whole weekend for building these sets! Get up for the Lego store opening, watch all the films while building. Even better if it’s July 1st as we’re already planning on being in the same town as a Lego store!

No sign of it on Instagram.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No sign of it on Instagram.

Search #legoharrypotter2018 and it should be the first photo

I'm quite surprised I have ZERO information about the minifigure list and it's onlye 50 days from the release.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

49 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'm quite surprised I have ZERO information about the minifigure list and it's onlye 50 days from the release.

Yes, so far they have kept the lid on very well! The Ollivander fig is very likely from something else than CMF (book, polybag etc) and the voldemort fig could just be a fake. Normally we do not get one CMF fig leak together with several set figs or one CMF fig out of the blue, they usually come several together right?
Hopefully we get something soon, at least a correct list if nothing else! Well with every day passing that we do not hear anything the chance of hearing something increase the next day :wink:

So I just asked my local Smyths about the when the Harry Potter sets would be released and they said it wasnt on their records:sceptic:

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Yeah it's quite odd. You would almost start thinking they weren't making a HP CMF at all...:wacko: But I shouldn't lose faith

12 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah it's quite odd. You would almost start thinking they weren't making a HP CMF at all...:wacko: But I shouldn't lose faith

Seems like the Birthday CMF figs didn't start leaking until 1-2 months before their release?

21 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Search #legoharrypotter2018 and it should be the first photo

Found it. Thank you!

That face is awesome.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

If they were doing something different, we’d know by now 

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Wasn't the same with Disney CMF in 2016 ? If I remember well, we've had the list and photos only one month before the release

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I think if that was the case what the CMF actually is would have leaked by now.

8 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Is there a hint in this post? :look:

Anyway, I'm surprised as well. The "fall" always gets leaked earlier. At least the names. It happened with Series 8, 11, 12, 14 and 16. 

To be quite fair the OG first leaks by Sir Von Lego (back last August, crazy it's been almost a year and here we are) said that their would be sets only and that the CMF rumor came from a less reliable source. So I wouldn't be shocked if they don't exist.  Anyways just like the new Hogwarts Express set, we don't know what Lego have up their sleeve. They have been very secretive about the whole thing.

Edited by RODDY

Wasn't the CMF listed in that leaked retailer catalogue from a few months ago? I'm sure it was. I know things that appear in retailer catalogue can get canned later, but that's still as "official" of a leak as it gets.

These are already listed in some official LEGO vendor sites so.....

https://www.mediatoy.it/p_3147_71022++minifigures+harry+potter+settembre+2018+new+09-2018.html

http://www.solobeifumetti.it/6213829-71022-lego-minifigures-harry-potter-espositore-60-pz.html

I don't see how this could a "fake"

Edited by Robert8

55 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Wasn't the CMF listed in that leaked retailer catalogue from a few months ago? I'm sure it was. I know things that appear in retailer catalogue can get canned later, but that's still as "official" of a leak as it gets.

The summer catalogue shows a minifigure line of 22 characters, but it does not say it is Harry Potter.

We’ve had plenty of evidence to say it’s Harry Potter. If it wasn’t I’m sure we would have had someone say what it was, we know it’s licenced 

Everything points to it being HP, OK we do not have any 100% prof yet, but the most likely conclusion is that is HP..

If it had been mandatory that we get solid info about a set 1-2 months before its release for the set to be a reality, then we would miss a lot of sets like many of the D2C :look:

Lego are better and better at keeping secrets also :classic:

I don’t login in often but I’ve been following the thread as I’m a massive Harry fan and I am keenly waiting for all these amazing sets. I spoke with my local toy retailer a few months ago about the Harry Potter sets (where they’ve helped me out purchasing the CMF sets previously) and they told me that LEGO did have the Harry Potter CMF in the retailer catalogue and they are keenly waiting for it as they think it will sell really well. It’s set for September release in Australia (we always seemed to get everything delayed) I can’t see why they would lie and they offered to take my details to call me as soon as they come in. 

Maybe Lego is getting better at keeping things under wraps? As much as I enjoy the leaks it would be kinda nice to get the official info and surprise from LEGO. I might be mistaken but wasn’t the Disney castle a well kept secret?! 

Unless as previously mentioned it’s been dropped since the retailer catalogue. 

Edited by AusMinifig
Comment added

Don't worry that things haven't been announced yet.  Lego HP site isn't even updated. 

26 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

The lego catalog announce the cmf in the harry potter's pages. So the cmf is 100% sure.

Which Lego catalogue? The leaked Summer one doesn't. Not that I'm saying that the CMF isn't HP, but the catalogue I've seen doesn't show that. Is there a new catalogue out? :)

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Which Lego catalogue? The leaked Summer one doesn't. Not that I'm saying that the CMF isn't HP, but the catalogue I've seen doesn't show that. Is there a new catalogue out? :)

retailer catalog.  not the one Lego send sin the mail to you and me.

17 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

retailer catalog.  not the one Lego send sin the mail to you and me.

Ah okay thank you. So it's pretty certain then :)

Edited by BacktoBricks