Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

What? They could have easally included members of the wizleys and a function to "block" the passage and thus replicate both train scenes from the first and second movies, and also the trolly witch only apeared on the first film so there's that too

I said the most memorable train scene, not that the other movies did not have good scenes in connection with the train.. Also they want bad guys in the sets, that's why they put the basilisk in the GH and probably why they put the dementor in the train. The trolly witch is also in the 4 film at least, but even if she is not in a scene in the 3 film, there is no doubt that she is on the train selling sweets :wink:

Page 200 :grin:

Edited by Roebuck
200 page anniversary!

So someone on Reddit has purchased the Quidditch set in WHSmith in the U.K. 

i think this pretty much confirms my theory that the sets get released July 1st in the U.K. along with the Brickheadz

8 hours ago, Whovastron said:

So someone on Reddit has purchased the Quidditch set in WHSmith in the U.K. 

i think this pretty much confirms my theory that the sets get released July 1st in the U.K. along with the Brickheadz

It definitely might be unless they are planning to keep the sets on storage until August :tongue:
The buyer has built it already I see and posted pictures among other things of the manual. Not so surprising no new sets or CMF there, but I like that they put the small animal moulds in the line up with the figs :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It definitely might be unless they are planning to keep the sets on storage until August :tongue:
The buyer has built it already I see and posted pictures among other things of the manual. Not so surprising no new sets or CMF there, but I like that they put the small animal moulds in the line up with the figs :thumbup:

I really hope so, I’m gonna get to say a big ‘I told you so’ to some people that harshly shot my theory down :devil:

23 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

It seems to me that a lot of people think that the theme is called 'Wizarding World' which I don't think it's called. I think this theme is very much like LotR and The Hobbit which wasn't called *Middle Earth' either. The 'Wizarding World' logo is JK Rowlings which is used in all of her 'HP' work..

I think you're right about that; the leaked Summer catalogue lists the sets under Lego Harry Potter and Lego Fantastic Beasts. Lego put them together in the catalogue because it makes sense, but they don't put them both under a 'Wizarding World' heading. The only place WW is mentioned is in the tiny copyright print in the bottom corner of the page.

Do you think they will re-make a chamber of secrets with a moulded Basalisk? Needs a serious update. Not as much as with the spider as they did for this line but still needs one. Know they added it in brick form to the castle set but needs a serious representation I think.

31 minutes ago, LegoAcklay said:

Do you think they will re-make a chamber of secrets with a moulded Basalisk? Needs a serious update. Not as much as with the spider as they did for this line but still needs one. Know they added it in brick form to the castle set but needs a serious representation I think.

It's been claimed by Just2Good that Lego wants HP to be an "evergreen" (i.e. an ongoing) theme. If this wave sells as well as we all hope, there's no way they won't make a new Chamber of Secrets sooner or later. Given the quality of the beasts in the Newt's Suitcase set, I wouldn't even mind if the Basilisk was brick-built, maybe with a new moulded head. They only made the little Basilisk in the Great Hall because it needed a "baddie" for the heroes to fight, there's no reason to think they won't make a bigger, better Basilisk in a future set.

31 minutes ago, Felkin said:

It's been claimed by Just2Good that Lego wants HP to be an "evergreen" (i.e. an ongoing) theme. If this wave sells as well as we all hope, there's no way they won't make a new Chamber of Secrets sooner or later. Given the quality of the beasts in the Newt's Suitcase set, I wouldn't even mind if the Basilisk was brick-built, maybe with a new moulded head. They only made the little Basilisk in the Great Hall because it needed a "baddie" for the heroes to fight, there's no reason to think they won't make a bigger, better Basilisk in a future set.

Crosses Fingers haha. Maybe they should of gone for a troll for the castle set. Makes more sense since they attacked it and even went into the toilets. I personally wish they make it simlar to the basalisk design of the old set but have a extra vertical swivel at the base of the neck so it can strike down with it's head along with a slimmer body so it flows better with the neck and tail. Moulded would allow for some nice decal textures on the sides. Hope they make it sand blue also this time around.

4 hours ago, LegoAcklay said:

It's at the very top of my wishlist for future waves, I can only imagine how amazing a Chamber of Secrets set would be today.

5 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

It's at the very top of my wishlist for future waves, I can only imagine how amazing a Chamber of Secrets set would be today.

Same. The Basalisk is my favourite Harry Potter creature. Wan't to see it brought back into the LEGO spotlight. For it's own dedicated set.

They could build the Basilisk like they did with the creatures in Newt's Suitcase, brick built with a molded head.

If they make the assumed D2C Hogwarts based only on year 1-2 it is probably included there, personally I think it is more likely it is from all the films, so then we have to wait for a future wave with a set which most likely will come sooner or later :wink:
Several of the animals that are brick built this wave could definitely get a mould in a future wave. Lego overspent the budget on this wave, so they needed to prioritize witch animals and other parts they should mould this time around. I think these 3 have the best chance of getting a new mould in a future set; 1 fawkes, 2 occamy (small), 3 basilisk, but we are still missing animals like Fang and Mrs Norris also.. Next wave will have a new fresh budget with all of the first priority parts already made. On the other hand if next wave is from 3-4 films there is a lot of animals that need to be made:

1. Buckbeak
  2. Hungarian horntail
  3. Padfoot
  4. Werewolf
  5. Crookshanks
  6. Pigwidgeon
  7. Abraxan
  8. Merpeople (probably minifig)
  9. (Ferret and Grindylow )
  10. In addition to fantastic beast of every kind from FB
4 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I can only imagine how amazing a Chamber of Secrets set would be today.

Yes it definitely would be a beauty to behold :sweet:

If you want more lego set, you need to buy all of them and make a lot of advertissement around you.

About me, i will buy all the sets this year even the D2C.

Otherwise, the wave will be finished like lotr wave: two and the garbage hobbit sets.

We have the same type of wave with lotr/hobbit and fb/hp

Perhaps we will have more fb in next years and hp less.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If they make the assumed D2C Hogwarts based only on year 1-2 it is probably included there, personally I think it is more likely it is from all the films, so then we have to wait for a future wave with a set which most likely will come sooner or later :wink:
Several of the animals that are brick built this wave could definitely get a mould in a future wave. Lego overspent the budget on this wave, so they needed to prioritize witch animals and other parts they should mould this time around. I think these 3 have the best chance of getting a new mould in a future set; 1 fawkes, 2 occamy (small), 3 basilisk, but we are still missing animals like Fang and Mrs Norris also.. Next wave will have a new fresh budget with all of the first priority parts already made. On the other hand if next wave is from 3-4 films there is a lot of animals that need to be made:

1. Buckbeak
  2. Hungarian horntail
  3. Padfoot
  4. Werewolf
  5. Crookshanks
  6. Pigwidgeon
  7. Abraxan
  8. Merpeople (probably minifig)
  9. (Ferret and Grindylow )
  10. In addition to fantastic beast of every kind from FB

I hope that Mrs. Norris will have a darker brown coloration this time, she looks at lot more like Crookshanks on 4842.

And a new Fawkes and Buckbeak mold are also a must.

10 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I hope that Mrs. Norris will have a darker brown coloration this time, she looks at lot more like Crookshanks on 4842.

And a new Fawkes and Buckbeak mold are also a must.

I wish they would have just reused the mold for Fawkes from the chamber of secrets set

Edited by RyanMe

I’ve just seen the US catalogue and states a release date for the Harry Potter brickheadz as 1st August! The uk online shop has them as a 1st July release so it could well be true the uk will see all the other sets on 1st July too ?

3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

It looks like they are planing to give her a unique print, since she was not included in the WW set, If they where planning to use a normal cat they could just have put one in the set..

59 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I wish they would have justvreused the mood for Fawkes from the chamber of secrets set

It seems that Lego have been updating every old animal mould the last years, so I think it is not a option to reuse a old animal mould in a set now.. I do not mind since the updates are always better looking, but not sure why they do it some are very similar to the old mould.. Could be that the old moulds do not fit into the moulding machine any more perhaps :sceptic: 

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where can I find second Lupin's face expression?

Have a look around Instagram, that’s where I saw it.

1 hour ago, Heppy9 said:

I’ve just seen the US catalogue and states a release date for the Harry Potter brickheadz as 1st August! The uk online shop has them as a 1st July release so it could well be true the uk will see all the other sets on 1st July too ?

I’m so excited! Me and my partner have planned a whole weekend for building these sets! Get up for the Lego store opening, watch all the films while building. Even better if it’s July 1st as we’re already planning on being in the same town as a Lego store!

4 hours ago, Heppy9 said:

The US online LEGO shop also lists the Brickheadz as a july 1st release, as well as the Dutch store and every other?

4 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I wish they would have just reused the mood for Fawkes from the chamber of secrets set [sic]

I agree.

If the issue is that the old mold is no longer working, then hopefully a new Fawkes will be molded some day.  Replacing it with a brick-built substitute feels cheap.  I know they were already over budget on molds and such, but this is one thing that just doesn't work well.

19 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It looks like they are planing to give her a unique print, since she was not included in the WW set, If they where planning to use a normal cat they could just have put one in the set..

They will probably release her in the cmf or d2c hopefully :classic: And hopefully a fang of some sort

15 hours ago, cocabottle said:

The US online LEGO shop also lists the Brickheadz as a july 1st release, as well as the Dutch store and every other?

That’s intriguing, as the US event revealing all the sets stated August 1st, as does the Danish catalogue.

danish catalogue says August 1st for Brickheadz and Sets

Event in US says August 1st for both

brockheadz are listed for July 1st in the U.K., and then are shortly followed with other countries also listing them

someone finds the Quidditch set on sale in the U.K. (and not in a toy store, WHSmiths is actually mainly a newsagents that sometimes sells toys, so isn’t exactly a main buyer). 3 weeks before July 1st, and 7 weeks before August 1st

i highly doubt a shop like WHSmiths would have a set 7 weeks early, so I think that points to a July release in the U.K., but all this other information is quite contradictory. I think I’ll email customer service and see if they can shed any light on it

1 hour ago, Duffyoran said:

They will probably release her in the cmf or d2c hopefully :classic: And hopefully a fang of some sort

Yes hopefully :sweet:

The CMF have a hole different budget, but I assume they have dialogue across different themes. So if the set team come to the CMF team and say; look we really want to make a new Mrs. Norris and Fang, but we have used up the budget, is that something you could include in the CMF? Or the other way around, the CMF team say to the set team; We are planning to include a Mrs. Norris and Fang in the CMF, please do not include them in any sets :wink: