Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Yep, they’re saying that it’s not Hogwarts and that it will be finished off next year (again, don’t know if it’s true or not)

Fake news. Stop spreading false rumors to back your wishes. You know nothing. 

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So there is a picture of lupins other side of his head and he has weareolf eyes 

Those eyes look awesome! Might display him with it. By far my favorite Lupin minifig.

Edited by RODDY

Lupin looks great. 

But I hope there will be a full werewolf minifigure somewhere. 

About Ollivander, I think he will be in the CMF.

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We know that the price is something around $500-600 and €485. Price leaks aren’t usually wrong. I cannot see a Harry Potter D2C that costs $500 as anything other than Hogwarts, the most iconic location from the books and movies. If the D2C has always been rumored to be around $300, then I might think it could be Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. I definitely believe that it’s Hogwarts though unless this $500 D2C set isn’t even for the HP theme (although that seems extremely unlikely). 

1. We don't know this.

2. Price leaks are often wrong, especially the early, vague ones.

3. While a $500 D2C set would most likely be Hogwarts, a $350 D2C could easily be Diagon Alley. See: 70620 Ninjago City.

Edited by jdubbs

3 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Yep, they’re saying that it’s not Hogwarts and that it will be finished off next year (again, don’t know if it’s true or not)

Either point to where these "official leakers" have said something, or please drop the discussion for now. It sure hasn't been the people with accounts on this site with proven access to confidential information, so I'd like to see where you've read this.

What is an "official leaker"? :wacko: surely an "official leak" is a press release...  :look:

1 hour ago, Weil said:

What is an "official leaker"? :wacko: surely an "official leak" is a press release...  :look:

"Official" as far as this forum is concerned. There are some users who routinely have accurate information quite early, Clone 0Patra is referring to them. 

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Either point to where these "official leakers" have said something, or please drop the discussion for now. It sure hasn't been the people with accounts on this site with proven access to confidential information, so I'd like to see where you've read this.

It means he has read it on discord, that great source of all facts.

8 hours ago, MAB said:

It means he has read it on discord, that great source of all facts.

As opposed to... this place?

^ Rumours used to be fairly reliable and as already noted, when coming from some people tend to be true. I believe rumours from those people far more than others with little to no history that post things without any evidence, especially if they claim to have seen pictures or sets but won't back it up with anything concrete. Just because something is on the internet somewhere, doesn't make it true. However, when it comes from well-known leakers then chances are it is more likely to be true.

But, of course, the "official" leakers can get things wrong too.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but lately it seems there are far more people here talking out of their @sses than there are on that other place. Misinformation tends to spread further (and unchecked) here, with fewer people calling BS and more and more people misrepresenting rumors as established fact.  

Edited by jdubbs

I haven’t seen any major leakers claim that it’s not Hogwarts. Like I said before, if the price is less than $400 I could see it being Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley, but I haven’t seen any price rumors less than €485. I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, but I don’t think I’d spend $500 on a Diagon Alley set unless it’s the greatest Lego set ever made. 

Probably asked this before, but when can we expect to see CMF leaks (pictures or at least a legit list of figs), 1 August is not that far away :blush: Series 18 leaked several months before the release did it not?!
The D2C have a small chance of leaking on SDCC I guess :sceptic:

19 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Probably asked this before, but when can we expect to see CMF leaks (pictures or at least a legit list of figs), 1 August is not that far away :blush: Series 18 leaked several months before the release did it not?!
The D2C have a small chance of leaking on SDCC I guess :sceptic:

I would say around start of July-mid July we will see something. As for the d2c, it all depends on when it will be released. If it is released in August then I could totally see it being revealed at comic con. But if it is December, then we probably won’t see it until November 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would say around start of July-mid July we will see something. As for the d2c, it all depends on when it will be released. If it is released in August then I could totally see it being revealed at comic con. But if it is December, then we probably won’t see it until November 

A SDDC annoucement would be epic.

I expect the CMF series to be revealed earlier than that. 

If the release date is August 1st, then we should expect WF's review a month before. 

So, the reveal sould happen in a couple of weeks I think

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

A SDDC annoucement would be epic.

I doubt they do this. From a marketing standpoint, they would want to give the sets they are about to release a chance to get off the shelves. If they released it before the first wave went on sale, you have the chance of people deciding to buy one or the other. If you wait a while, people will buy the initial sets before they are presented with the option. 

Also, the joker manor which came out around thanksgiving was announced in late September. I would assume this will follow a similar pattern. 

On 07/06/2018 at 8:57 AM, kaiju said:

"Official" as far as this forum is concerned. There are some users who routinely have accurate information quite early, Clone 0Patra is referring to them. 

I, at least, interpreted Clone OPatra as instead explicitly drawing a distinction between these so-called "Official Leakers" and those users of this forum which you and Clone OPatra subsequently refer to. Indeed, Clone OPatra explicitly points out that the "Official Leakers" previously referred to by HarleyDavid98 do not correspond to the "well-established"/"trusted" leakers of this forum that you now also describe.

Granted I should have perhaps quoted the post by HarleyDavid98 which introduced the phrase of "Official Leaker".

However, as HarleyDavid98 hasn't given any clue as to who these "Official Leakers" are, it seemed we only had the description of them as "Official" to go by, which is what I was pointing out made no sense to me, possibly even appearing to be an oxymoron.

At this point, at least without any further information, it appears they may simply correspond to "my mate says he knows someone who said...".

In any case, thank you for trying to help explain what you thought I misunderstood. I probably wish I'd never said anything in the first place now and will save my comments for what relates more closely to the subject matter of discussion.

17 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If it is released in August then I could totally see it being revealed at comic con. But if it is December, then we probably won’t see it until November 

12 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I doubt they do this. From a marketing standpoint, they would want to give the sets they are about to release a chance to get off the shelves. If they released it before the first wave went on sale, you have the chance of people deciding to buy one or the other. If you wait a while, people will buy the initial sets before they are presented with the option. 

I agree, they probably keep it a secret so the muggles can buy the normal sets for a couple of months happily unaware of its existence. That a few AFOL-wizards know about it won't influence sales much, but a lot of parents are in for a nasty bludger leading up to the x-mas shopping :tongue:

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If the release date is August 1st, then we should expect WF's review a month before. 

Hopefully you are right  :grin:

19 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but lately it seems there are far more people here talking out of their @sses than there are on that other place. Misinformation tends to spread further (and unchecked) here, with fewer people calling BS and more and more people misrepresenting rumors as established fact.  

Yep, but then if you call someone out for talking out of their @ss, you either get a load back or a warning to play nice from mods.

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

LBMM had the preliminary list (or a fairly accurate fan guess) early October, with the official list leaking late October.  That’s for a 1/1 release. So yeah, it may be coming soon.

24 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

So yeah, it may be coming soon

Let's hope so :thumbup:
One of the things I am most eager to know about the CMF is not necessarily the figs we are getting, but where they are from!

1. is the figs only from HP or both HP and FB
  2. are the figs from film/book 1 and 2 or random from the series

It is called wizarding world so that should point to the inclusion of FB to merge it more with HP, but on the other hand so far they seem to be betting most of their money on the safe HP-horse..

So far it has been 1-2 and if they keep that up in the CMF the likelihood of seeing future WW CMFs are higher, but the TRU figs set point in the other direction :sceptic: They definitely need 22 unique figs and that is easier to do if you have more to chose from, no way they are putting 15 figs in the same school uniform with a different house and accessories in the CMF..

51 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Let's hope so :thumbup:
One of th

1. is the figs only from HP or both HP and FB
  2. are the figs from film/book 1 and 2 or random from the series

So far it has been 1-2 

1-3, you mean.

4 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

1-3, you mean.

Well basically it is 1-2, the only reason they put in a set from 3 is in my opinion since they wanted to include the train and the 3 film had the most memorable train scene. If you see the interview with the designer he also more or less confirms this, they wanted to make sets from the 2 first movies, so they can save something for future waves. Next wave most likely will be 3-4, they are in this for the long run this time :grin:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Well basically it is 1-2, the only reason they put in a set from 3 is in my opinion since they wanted to include the train and the 3 film had the most memorable train scene. If you see the interview with the designer he also more or less confirms this, they wanted to make sets from the 2 first movies, so they can save something for future waves. Next wave most likely will be 3-4, they are in this for the long run this time :grin:

What? They could have easally included members of the wizleys and a function to "block" the passage and thus replicate both train scenes from the first and second movies, and also the trolly witch only apeared on the first film so there's that too

11 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

What? They could have easally included members of the wizleys and a function to "block" the passage and thus replicate both train scenes from the first and second movies, and also the trolly witch only apeared on the first film so there's that too

The trolley witch also appeared in Goblet of Fire though she was played by a different actress. 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

It is called wizarding world so that should point to the inclusion of FB to merge it more with HP, but on the other hand so far they seem to be betting most of their money on the safe HP-horse..

It seems to me that a lot of people think that the theme is called 'Wizarding World' which I don't think it's called. I think this theme is very much like LotR and The Hobbit which wasn't called *Middle Earth' either. The 'Wizarding World' logo is JK Rowlings which is used in all of her 'HP' work..