Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, HarryPotter27 said:

Am I the only one who believes that the price of Lego 71043 would be less than the rumoured $500 and there is high chance that it won't be a Hogwarts set. The purpose of sets like the Great Hall is to collect the whole castle by buying smaller sets. If they make it part of these, it would prevent many people from collecting the whole castle. The other chance is to make another Hogwarts but it seems pointless. They might make a recreation of Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade or the Ministry of Magic set around 200-300$.

You can still play with the Great Hall in isolation, as you can any small set. I think the main purpose of the Great Hall is to be a set in itself, that it might join to others is secondary.

I've been thinking for a while that the UCS set won't be Hogwarts. There's a few things that make me believe it could be and some that make me think it won't. That $500 price tag won't be a Diagon Alley - I don't care what anyone says, if they're splashing out so much on a UCS I doubt it would be Diagon Alley, they'd need a Hogwarts to justify the price.

This again...

Well we have had multiple reliable sources say that it will indeed be Hogwarts, so I'm not sure where all that doubt is coming from.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

This again...

Well we have had multiple reliable sources say that it will indeed be Hogwarts, so I'm not sure where all that doubt is coming from.

yeah sure it'll be Hogwarts

...however, I haven't seen a thread with so many fake news as this one. Remember fake CMF list, fake Great hall description? Fake Knight bus? Noone knew about the Express set, until it surfaced.

48 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

yeah sure it'll be Hogwarts

...however, I haven't seen a thread with so many fake news as this one. Remember fake CMF list, fake Great hall description? Fake Knight bus? Noone knew about the Express set, until it surfaced.

I don't remember any of that coming from reliable sources, though.

Yes, it is almost certain that it is Hogwarts, but if (most likely) the sets sell well we can get a second D2C in a future wave, then it is more open what kind of sets it is. This round I think it is given, the big question is if it will connect to the normal sets or not :wacko:

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

the big question is if it will connect to the normal sets or not :wacko:

I don't really think this is as big a question as some people seem to believe.  It should be a standalone Hogwarts Castle set.

If not, I am prepared to eat my words.

43 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I don't really think this is as big a question as some people seem to believe.  It should be a standalone Hogwarts Castle set.

What is the purpose of making another standalone castle? Lego would expect some of the fans to buy all of the sets but many would find two Hogwarts castles pointless. Almost  every set now is recreation of 2011 line such as Hogwarts Express, Quidditch match and parts of the castle. The only thing left to recreate is    Diagon Alley or they can make part of the castle and leave Diagon Alley for the next year.

So you're all saying it's a $500 Hogwarts set.. when we have a $100 and a $80 Hogwarts set existing already?

1 hour ago, HarryPotter27 said:

What is the purpose of making another standalone castle? Lego would expect some of the fans to buy all of the sets but many would find two Hogwarts castles pointless.

The Great Hall and other sets with parts of the Castle are not enough to build a large scale Hogwarts Castle.  They are just small playsets.

49 minutes ago, doclord said:

So you're all saying it's a $500 Hogwarts set.. when we have a $100 and a $80 Hogwarts set existing already?

We don't have a full Castle set yet.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

It should be a standalone Hogwarts Castle set.

I think it is a 60% chance you will be eating words for dinner this year then :tongue:

53 minutes ago, HarryPotter27 said:

Almost  every set now is recreation of 2011 line such as Hogwarts Express, Quidditch match and parts of the castle. The only thing left to recreate is    Diagon Alley

It is not that simple! When Lego bring back a old theme after several years off the marked they often make versions of sets they know are popular from previous waves. In this theme that usually means Hogwarts and Hogwarts express (and several others). 2010-11 was not the first time we had most of those sets, but it also had unique items like The Burrow.. It is the same this time around, it is not a recreation of last wave, but every former HP wave.. As the waves keep coming more and more unique sets will be made for the first time, but also earlier sets like Diagon Alley will most likely return sooner or later. On the other hand if we only get one wave of sets, most of them will return next time we get a new wave in the future.. So better hope they make a lot of waves this time :wink:

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

Yes! The 100 + 80 is only a small part of Hogwarts, you can add a lot of similar parts before the castle is somewhere near finished (or as I think add a $500 part and get somewhere:laugh:)

We know that the price is something around $500-600 and €485. Price leaks aren’t usually wrong. I cannot see a Harry Potter D2C that costs $500 as anything other than Hogwarts, the most iconic location from the books and movies. If the D2C has always been rumored to be around $300, then I might think it could be Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. I definitely believe that it’s Hogwarts though unless this $500 D2C set isn’t even for the HP theme (although that seems extremely unlikely). 

Has anyone seen this interview? 

https://youtu.be/CgtlKITTHzU

Harry Potter designer talks about higwarts express set and great hall. In the interview he explains why he pushed for a gray roof instead of green, if we will get a second wave, development of hagrid minifigure and shows some specialy made parts for hp sets...etc. Interview is in english, just skip the german translation parts :) 

Edited by cebelicamya

28 minutes ago, cebelicamya said:

Has anyone seen this interview? 

https://youtu.be/CgtlKITTHzU

Thanks for the tip! I have been eagerly awaiting the WW interviews popping up :sweet: Very interesting, but to bad he used half the time on translating :wacko:
So no doubt that the Hogwarts parts are made to fit with future parts, but if that is the D2C sound more dubious.. Off course they are trained to avoid spoilers, so it do not mean much..

If the designers do not know if there is a second wave yet, I guess it is less likely that it will turn up early next year :sceptic:

Also interesting to get confirmed that one of the reason they are bringing back HP is because of all the people asking for it in shops around the world, this must be a best-seller :grin::thumbup:

43 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If the designers do not know if there is a second wave yet, I guess it is less likely that it will turn up early next year :sceptic:

Also interesting to get confirmed that one of the reason they are bringing back HP is because of all the people asking for it in shops around the world, this must be a best-seller :grin::thumbup:

Don’t read too much into that. They can’t say anything about a second wave yet

12 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I would be super surprised (superprised)  if it wasn't Hogwarts, that's the most iconic set they can make.

The fact that the other sets all have pieces of Hogwarts that connect to create the iconic castle says otherwise.

This discussion is played out at this point. Some think the D2C will be Hogwarts, others think it won't, and ultimately... time will tell.

Let's wait until we get any more real information to continue the D2C discussion. Thanks! :thumbup:

There have been A LOT of official leakers saying that the D2C won’t be Hogwarts, but who knows, might be true might not, personally I’m hoping it’s not Hogwarts

22 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

There have been A LOT of official leakers saying that the D2C won’t be Hogwarts

They do? That's the first I hear of it. As far as I'm aware they either say it's Hogwarts or they don't know.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

They do? That's the first I hear of it. As far as I'm aware they either say it's Hogwarts or they don't know.

Yep, they’re saying that it’s not Hogwarts and that it will be finished off next year (again, don’t know if it’s true or not)

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

There have been A LOT of official leakers saying that the D2C won’t be Hogwarts, but who knows, might be true might not, personally I’m hoping it’s not Hogwarts

What? This is the first I’m hearing of this. The only doubt people have about the d2c not being Hogwarts is the olivander figure that leaked, other than that I have heard nothing but Hogwarts talk 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

This discussion is played out at this point. Some think the D2C will be Hogwarts, others think it won't, and ultimately... time will tell.

Let's wait until we get any more real information to continue the D2C discussion. Thanks! :thumbup:

Four posts in the hour subsequent to this (not including this one) all continue the D2C "discussion."  Comical.