Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but the Catalog also mentions that the next series of CMF will be released August, so it will be launching with the sets!

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

The suitcase looks really cool. I hope the error in the box that seems to have named Tina 'Queenie' and 'Queenie' Tina will be corrected though! Odd mistake to make.

That’s in the catalog, not on the box

The picture is clearly from the box art which must be featured in the catalog.

That’s a rendering of the box art, not the actual box art, they will have changed any errors on it before the sets are actually released (this has happened before)

The picture is clearly from the box art which must be featured in the catalog.

It’s a mistake that’s made a lot in those lego catalogues 

Do we know any of the regional prices for the new Fantastic Beasts set? I think in the past, when it was originally rumoured, it was said to be $50 but I don't know if this is the case here (pun intended)

The suitcase set look nice. I'm curious about how the transformation from suitcase to area for beast will happen. I think more beast might have been better for the set. Figs also look nice. I assume there is one more FB set left, probably with Dumbledore. I don't follow this thread a lot but how many sets have we not seen? Is the Knight Bus still happening?

14 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

The suitcase set look nice. I'm curious about how the transformation from suitcase to area for beast will happen. I think more beast might have been better for the set. Figs also look nice. I assume there is one more FB set left, probably with Dumbledore. I don't follow this thread a lot but how many sets have we not seen? Is the Knight Bus still happening?

The rumoured Knight Bus Set was the Hogwarts Express. And there is no 3rd Fantastic Beasts Set. The confirmed sets are:

Aragog’s Cave

Grindlewald’s Escape

The Quidditch Match

Newt Scamander’s Suitcase

The Hogwarts Express

Hogwarts Whomping Willow

Hogwarts Great Hall

CMF series with 22 Minifigures

’Bricktober’ Minifigure pack with Slughorn, Boggart Snape, Madame Hooch and Umbridge

and then with the rumoured D2C, that should be everything we are getting in 2018 for the Wizarding Word theme(s)

Edited by Whovastron

19 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

The rumoured Knight Bus Set was the Hogwarts Express. And there is no 3rd Fantastic Beasts Set. The confirmed sets are:

Aragog’s Cave

Grindlewald’s Escape

The Quidditch Match

Newt Scamander’s Suitcase

The Hogwarts Express

Hogwarts Whomping Willow

Hogwarts Great Hall

CMF series with 22 Minifigures

’Bricktober’ Minifigure pack with Slughorn, Boggart Snape, Madame Hooch and Umbridge

and then with the rumoured D2C, that should be everything we are getting in 2018 for the Wizarding Word theme(s)

Thank you. Interesting there is no young Dumbledore in the FB sets. It also seems we have seen all the sets except the cmf series and of course the D2C set. I guess I can start deciding which ones I want.

I'm glad that the rumors about the Knight Bus are not right. Too bad that there are currently no other sets for Fantastic Beasts. A new Dumbledore or Theseus Scamander character occurs in the sets. I have also heard rumors about Nicolas Flamel in Fantastic Beasts The Crimes Of Grindelwald. A small Hogwarts set from Fantastic Beasts would not be wrong. I miss the Demiguise a bit ...

So the Harry/Hedwig and Hermione Brickheadz have appeared as 'coming soon' on the Uk S@H but no Albus/Ron. Does this really mean the UK won't have access to those Brickbeadz?

39 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

So the Harry/Hedwig and Hermione Brickheadz have appeared as 'coming soon' on the Uk S@H but no Albus/Ron. Does this really mean the UK won't have access to those Brickbeadz?

No, they come out later than the HP/Hedwig and Hermione, July vs August I believe

58 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

No, they come out later than the HP/Hedwig and Hermione, July vs August I believe

Well actually the Danish store calendar lists all 3 as August. And the event in the US also listed them as August. So I believe that the U.K. may in fact be getting atleast Harry and Hermione early, but not the rest.

(fingered crossed this applies to the whole theme, highly unlikely, but I’m gonna dream dammit!

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Well actually the Danish store calendar lists all 3 as August. And the event in the US also listed them as August. So I believe that the U.K. may in fact be getting atleast Harry and Hermione early, but not the rest.

(fingered crossed this applies to the whole theme, highly unlikely, but I’m gonna dream dammit!

Nah, they’ve always been due to come out in July with the other 2 as August, it might just be UK that it’s happening in but it’s not early for the UK because that’s always been their release date

40 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Nah, they’ve always been due to come out in July with the other 2 as August, it might just be UK that it’s happening in but it’s not early for the UK because that’s always been their release date

I don’t mean that they’ve been pulled forward for the U.K., just saying that they are releasing earlier than the rest of the world.

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t mean that they’ve been pulled forward for the U.K., just saying that they are releasing earlier than the rest of the world.

Ah right, gotcha

12 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I'm curious about how the transformation from suitcase to area for beast will happen.

Not sure where he found these animations as I haven't seen them elsewhere, but @just2good has product animations in his video about that set that shows how the transformation from to suitcase to open area occurs. See it here around the 14 second mark.

Overall I think it's just a brilliant concept for a set, and well executed. Personally I'm not too much into brickbuilt creatures, but the set and minifigures are cool enough that I might just get it. And especially that moulded niffler! I am glad I picked up the Tina Dimensions pack on clearance, though, as her Dimensions figure was much more desirable with the cool hair-hat combo.

3 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Okay thank you :)

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Not sure where he found these animations as I haven't seen them elsewhere,

He says in the video, "2T Toys" in the Netherlands. Presumably this - although I cannot spot the video there.

https://www.2ttoys.nl/contents/nl/d2045761998_GOEDKOOP-LEGO-Harry-Potter-bij-www.2ttoys.nl.html

He also says it is $30 though.

Edited by MAB

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Not sure where he found these animations as I haven't seen them elsewhere, but @just2good has product animations in his video about that set that shows how the transformation from to suitcase to open area occurs

It’s from this site: https://2ttoys.wordpress.com/2018/06/04/eerste-teaser-video-lego-75952-fantastic-beasts/

it was in the discord server that he and myself are part of, so that’s more than likely where he got the info, I was the first to post the image in the Discord channel ?

Edited by harleydavid98

Am I the only one who believes that the price of Lego 71043 would be less than the rumoured $500 and there is high chance that it won't be a Hogwarts set. The purpose of sets like the Great Hall is to collect the whole castle by buying smaller sets. If they make it part of these, it would prevent many people from collecting the whole castle. The other chance is to make another Hogwarts but it seems pointless. They might make a recreation of Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade or the Ministry of Magic set around 200-300$.

Edited by HarryPotter27

Just now, HarryPotter27 said:

Am I the only one who believes that the price of Lego 71043 would be less than the rumored $500 and there is high chance that it won't be a Hogwarts set. The purpose of sets like the Great Hall is to collect the whole castle by buying smaller sets. If they make it part of these, it would prevent many people from collecting the whole castle. The other chance is to make separate Hogwarts but it seems pointless. They make recreation Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade or the Ministry of Magic set around 200-300$.

Yeah, there are quite few of us (AFOLs on Discord) that believe that it won’t be Hogwarts and it will probably be Diagon Alley, could be Hogsmeade but it’s unlikely (could include Shrieking Shack and Sirius Black) and the ministry set is incredibly unlikely