Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Great set! I like the brick built animals a lot and I now feel bad for ever doubting Lego’s ability to make them amazing. The molded heads with the brick built bodies work great and the Occamy and Thunderbird look gorgeous. The recolored wings are amazing and the Erumpent looks good too! I’m a big fan of how the suitcase folds up and the interior details are amazing. The cherry on top would’ve been a small Occamy but I think it would require a new mold so I’m fine without it, or maybe a representation of the Obscurus Newt has in his case. 

Wow the suitcase is amazing. Much different from what I expected for it. The beasts are amazing builds. One of the better Harry Potter sets of this year.

Blow away by the suitcase. From the rumours, it sounded like an easy pass for me. But those brick built figures look great and the design is so clever.

32 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

The suitcase is confirmed to be $50, not $30, and the beasts do not fit inside the suitcase once it’s all closed up unfortunately

Yikes, $50? Still a must-buy for me, but I might have to wait for a sale...

I think the suitcase is perfect for what it is, but still I would rather the harry potter sets, as thpse are situations and this ia more of a celebration of great animal builds. It's great, but not a must bouy for me.

Just now, Aethersprite said:

Yeah, I know that $50 is expensive for some, I myself will hopefully be picking it up day 1, I just need to find all the GBP prices so I can work out how much I need for my trip to the Lego store ?

not a big fan of FB and I really dislike most of the minifigures. Newt's face looks just wrong - like a 45 year old and the hairpiece is also a weird choice. Even Anakins or Jay's new hairpieces would have been much much better.

However this set is the only absolute safe buy for me. EVERY animal looks just amazing! Consistent in colours, unique in design and everything! And I really look forward of having a Lego suitcase standing in my living room :blush:

except for the figures: best set so far :thumbup:

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

The suitcase is confirmed to be $50, not $30, and the beasts do not fit inside the suitcase once it’s all closed up unfortunately

Where was it confirmed to be $50 ?

Whoa, I'm surprised by how good that is! The case actually folds up into a proper-looking model and then turns into a playset! The only creature that doesn't look great is the Erumpent, but the Occamy and Thunderbird look good. The use of the pin-stud as the teapot lid is very clever. Hopefully we'll get more magical creatures in the future, though it's nice that we get a screen-accurate invisible Dougal the Demiguise! :laugh:

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

the beasts do not fit inside the suitcase once it’s all closed up unfortunately

How do you know?! Personally I will not be surprised if they fit inside..

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

Well supposedly it has 694 pieces :sceptic: I always wait for sales when buying Lego :tongue:

18 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

though it's nice that we get a screen-accurate invisible Dougal the Demiguise! :laugh:

:laugh:

For once a rumour was correct in this tread!
It is no secret that I prefer moulded animals over brick built, but the designers have done a good job with them here. It is also a good chance we will get a moulded Occamy in a "normal" size in a future CMF or set I think.. If not the HP/FB sets sell like hot cakes both to kids and AFOLs I will be very surprised; what a line-up of sets Lego have given us (and we are still missing CMF and D2C)  :wub:

Just now, Roebuck said:

How do you know?! Personally I will not be surprised if they fit inside..

Well you will be surprised because I’ve seen it, it’s very small inside and the beasts do not fit inside of it

50 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

On the release images in the catalog, it says the price which can be roughly estimated to be around $45 which they will clearly round up to $50

Just now, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

new pictures from the set on IG
so amazing, when folded together.

Yeah, they’re taken from Discord

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

I don't think it has been officially confirmed. But Hogwarts Great Hall is 899 kr (Den) and $99.99 US (both confirmed). As this is half that, it is likely to be $50 unless they are playing games with the pricing of different sizes sets, which sometimes does happen (different exchange rates for different sized sets).  

Although it seems the US prices are already discounted anyway compared to Denmark/Europe - For the Great Hall, for example, 900 kr =  140 USD, and remove the Danish VAT (140 * 0.8) = 112 USD. So I doubt the Suitcase will go below $50.

Do people think that £40 would be a safe bet for UK pricing?

Edited by LegoLord54

Just now, LegoLord54 said:

£40-50 I reckon, although I’d love a FULL list of GBP prices

6 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

£45 is probably more likely, as 450 kr is £53: take off their VAT and add on ours, £51. It might be £50, but then 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon is £45, and also 449 kr.

Wow! Really impressed with the suitcase set! I wasn't expecting to like it so much, but it looks absolutely fantastic. The designers on this HP/Fantastic Beasts wave have done a killer job across the board. :wub: :thumbup:

I hope we get a normal Lego brown suitcase as that would look really cool like they did for that Antman set back in 2015 where they did large and small Lego builds as that would be the cherry on top for this set.