Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is only wave this year. There are rumors that HP will be an evergreen (like Ninjago, Star Wars or Marvel) theme, so probably we will get second wave in January, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Thank you very much for the answer! We will hope for that kind of rumors :D

3 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Do we know who that kid is in the Womping Willow set yet?

Did it turn out to be Seamus?

I do believe that it has been revealed to be Seamus ?

Was it not announced that there would be more images released on june 1st (tomorrow) like for the cmf or something?

14 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Was it not announced that there would be more images released on june 1st (tomorrow) like for the cmf or something?

There was supposed to be set reveal that day but since some have already been revealed idk if it still stands because Aragog and Briefcase have yet to be revealed. We shall see tomorrow. I do hope some CMF pictures leak soon (fingers crossed for Lockhart)

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

There was supposed to be set reveal that day but since some have already been revealed idk if it still stands because Aragog and Briefcase have yet to be revealed. We shall see tomorrow. I do hope some CMF pictures leak soon (fingers crossed for Lockhart)

I think I heard they would reveal the Fantastic beast sets on 15th instead.

7 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

Do we know who that kid is in the Womping Willow set yet?

Did it turn out to be Seamus?

It is Seamus for sure. This minifigure doesn't look like him, but well... it's still a perfect wave.

According to Amazon:

•All Harry Potter sets reveal - June 1st (only Aragog to be revealed)

•All Fantastic Beasts sets reveal - June 15th (only Newt's Briefcase)

Let's hope we'll see Aragog tomorrow and Suitcase in two weeks. We just have to wait :wink:

Still, there are CMF and D2C to be revealed. D2C is coming in December, so a few months to official reveal. CMF aren't technically Harry Potter theme, but CMF. I think they will reveal them later, in July.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Anyone thinking we may finally have a LEGO centaur?

Hoping, but not very optimistic.  I think it's too cool to actually happen.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is Seamus for sure. This minifigure doesn't look like him, but well... it's still a perfect wave.

According to Amazon:

•All Harry Potter sets reveal - June 1st (only Aragog to be revealed)

•All Fantastic Beasts sets reveal - June 15th (only Newt's Briefcase)

Let's hope we'll see Aragog tomorrow and Suitcase in two weeks. We just have to wait :wink:

Still, there are CMF and D2C to be revealed. D2C is coming in December, so a few months to official reveal. CMF aren't technically Harry Potter theme, but CMF. I think they will reveal them later, in July.

Is December confirmed? I’ve heard anywhere from August to December in these pages

18 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Is December confirmed? I’ve heard anywhere from August to December in these pages

AFAIK nothing about the D2C is set in stone yet, so far it's all rumors and speculation.

18 hours ago, Whovastron said:

4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

AFAIK nothing about the D2C is set in stone yet, so far it's all rumors and speculation.

That is true, although December is the only 'rumoured' date I've seen for the D2C. August has only ever been linked to the smaller sets and CMF line.

There’s 2 VIP early access sets for July, any chance one could be Hogwarts?

48 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

That is true, although December is the only 'rumoured' date I've seen for the D2C. August has only ever been linked to the smaller sets and CMF line.

I’ve seen August, October, November and December mentioned in this thread. 

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

There’s 2 VIP early access sets for July, any chance one could be Hogwarts?

I’ve seen August, October, November and December mentioned in this thread. 

You mean Great Halls? VIP early accesses are usually D2Cs or UCSs.

D2C release date is Novemeber or December, I think. We don't have an ooficial release date for it. We don't even have an official confirmation. But we know it is coming.

I got catalog for 2018 2HY today. There is one page for Wizarding World. It is Hogwarts with a 'coming soon' on it.

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You mean Great Halls? VIP early accesses are usually D2Cs or UCSs.

D2C release date is Novemeber or December, I think. We don't have an ooficial release date for it. We don't even have an official confirmation. But we know it is coming.

I got catalog for 2018 2HY today. There is one page for Wizarding World. It is Hogwarts with a 'coming soon' on it.

I didn’t mean Great Hall, I meant the D2C. I know it’s unlikely but you never know.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is only wave this year. There are rumors that HP will be an evergreen (like Ninjago, Star Wars or Marvel) theme, so probably we will get second wave in January, but nothing is confirmed yet.

How do you know it won't have another wave this year?

1 hour ago, zegodhand said:

How do you know it won't have another wave this year?

Because the set lists for the rest of the year are —with a few small exceptions — pretty much known at this point. And even if they weren't, it's highly unlikely a line like Harry Potter would get 2 waves within 3-4 months of each other. Most non-Star Wars lines that carry on for multiple years get 1 or 2 waves per year, which would put a second Harry Potter wave in the first quarter of 2019, assuming it doesn't just get one wave per year. 

Having just seen the new (big) images of the Toys R Us minifig set...Slughorn seems to have two-toned hair, which I don't understand, and he definitely has way too much of it as well. I hope they release them more widely though, I've never been able to find an exclusive giveaway at any of my nearby Toys R Us. :( 

9 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

Having just seen the new (big) images of the Toys R Us minifig set...Slughorn seems to have two-toned hair, which I don't understand, and he definitely has way too much of it as well. I hope they release them more widely though, I've never been able to find an exclusive giveaway at any of my nearby Toys R Us. :( 

Someone told me that the Alfred hair from TLBM Batcave would do well for Slughorn, but I agree about it being an odd hair choice, and I reckon they might be going to TLS for non-TRU territories, at least that’s what I hope

Hopefully we will see some of the interviews made with the HP designers this week published soon, always great to get some inside info :sweet:

It appears Snape is using the same head as his regular appearance, which is double sided, that really doesn't work with that hat. Also Hooch looks basically the same as last time but with a disappointing face print and sadly not an updated version of the cape her first version had. Umbridge looks good but really needed the original hairpiece and I believe Slughorn has a double sided face as well, which is a shame for everyone who wanted to replace the hair with the graduation cap.