Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Why do we get only one Crimes of Grindelwald set? I hope we get another one or two in winter wave (if there will be one).

52 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do we get only one Crimes of Grindelwald set? I hope we get another one or two in winter wave (if there will be one).

I would guess because this theme is focused on Harry Potter more than fantasic beasts. Lego feels like Harry Potter would sell for sure while fantasic beasts is questionable. So they want to test the waters before deciding to include more fantasic beasts stuff 

It looks like the great hall is the only regular retail set where you can get the normal uniform of non-Gryfindor students. :sceptic: Hopefully the cmf will change that.

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Huh? I thought there were two; Grindelwald's carriage and Newt's briefcase. Did the second one get cancelled? Didn't we already see leaked figures for Newt and Tina? 

12 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Huh? I thought there were two; Grindelwald's carriage and Newt's briefcase. Did the second one get cancelled? Didn't we already see leaked figures for Newt and Tina? 

The suitcase is based on the first film

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

And Jacob and Queenie. The set is coming

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Grindelwald's Escape is actually from "Crimes of Grindelwald", but Newt's Briefcase is from "Where to Find Them".

It would be nice if we could get a larger Hogwards Express. People pay for a 5,000 piece Millennium Falcon, so they'll pay for a 3,000 piece Hogwards Express. Emerald Night style, no station. Larger loc with more details. That would be worthy for such an iconic train.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

It would be nice if we could get a larger Hogwards Express. People pay for a 5,000 piece Millennium Falcon, so they'll pay for a 3,000 piece Hogwards Express. Emerald Night style, no station. Larger loc with more details. That would be worthy for such an iconic train.

Large Star Wars sets (UCS) are a proven winner among adults. I doubt we will see a large scale Hogwarts Express for a long time, if ever. LEGO would want to know lots of people are purchasing the largest sets of the range before they go into producing 3000 piece trains for Harry Potter. Emerald Night was a 1000 piece set. Doing a 3000 piece set is a massive jump from that.

As well as the UCS Falcon, they sell many more 1200-1400 piece Falcons. And that is what they are concentrating on now for HP, selling sets primarily aimed at kids.

23 minutes ago, MAB said:

Large Star Wars sets (UCS) are a proven winner among adults. I doubt we will see a large scale Hogwarts Express for a long time, if ever. LEGO would want to know lots of people are purchasing the largest sets of the range before they go into producing 3000 piece trains for Harry Potter. Emerald Night was a 1000 piece set. Doing a 3000 piece set is a massive jump from that.

As well as the UCS Falcon, they sell many more 1200-1400 piece Falcons. And that is what they are concentrating on now for HP, selling sets primarily aimed at kids.

True. But even a 1,000 piece train would be perfect. This Hogwards Express looks to cramped. The locomotive is too short. But I agree with you on the sales part. Sometimes it's sad that companies have to be profitable ?

Too cramped for what? All LEGO trains are the wrong scale, they have to be. There is simply no way a LEGO train could ever be built to minifig scale / size and be a kids playset.

Based on what is past, I find  this...

Lego-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-Express.jpg

way better than this ...

4841-1.png

Even just the improvement in the wheels makes a massive difference to the look of the engine.

Having the station also adds a lot of play features, much more than having a slightly bigger train but no station.

I agree that the new Hogwarts Express is way better than the original

But I also agree that it needed at least an extra wagon

It looks lacking in terms of length

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I agree that the new Hogwarts Express is way better than the original

But I also agree that it needed at least an extra wagon

It looks lacking in terms of length

I think the same thing is said about every LEGO train set!

I guess they know that adding an extra carriage may add to the looks of the train, but does not add much to the playability and also pushes it into the next price bracket so makes it worse for sales.

I think an additional car does add to playability.  Pushing the train around, you can achieve an S curve with 3 parts.  That's fun to do.

I know obviously the set isn’t out yet, but based on previous Lego Trains, do you reckon it’ll be easy to buy the set twice and use the second carriage as a third carriage or would it be too difficult?

23 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I think an additional car does add to playability.  Pushing the train around, you can achieve an S curve with 3 parts.  That's fun to do.

I doubt that is considered adding "much". Especially as this already has three sections and so can form an S curve if that's what you enjoy. If you have one carriage, you can put figures in it. If you have two carriages, you can put figures in both. LEGO knows people buy trains with just one carriage, and they stick with it.

Edited by MAB

There are a few other fan sites that have been offering a similar opportunity, but if anyone here has a Brickset account, staff there are taking questions from users to ask TLG designers over at this week's Fan Media Days event in Billund, Denmark:

Brickset - Brickset at the LEGO Fan Media Days

Later this week CapnRex101 and I will be in Billund for the annual Recognised LEGO Fan Media (RLFM) days.

We'll be there, along with representatives from many of the biggest and best LEGO websites and magazines, to discuss matters of mutual interest with LEGO's community team, and also to interview LEGO designers.

This year we have an opportunity to talk to designers from the Harry Potter, Creator Expert, Jurassic World and Unikitty! teams, so if you have anything you'd like us to ask them then please let us know in the comments, but note that we will not be asking anything about future products and plans.

37 minutes ago, MAB said:

this already has three sections and so can form an S curve if that's what you enjoy.

Fair enough.  I still think more carriages = more playability.  How much is up to whoever is playing.  I'm not saying this needs an extra carriage, just arguing that there would be more playability.

38 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Fair enough.  I still think more carriages = more playability.  How much is up to whoever is playing.  I'm not saying this needs an extra carriage, just arguing that there would be more playability.

Sure there would be more, but if that is just replicating the playability of the other carriage, then the real added value is less. This is why I think adding a station provides more playability than an extra carriage.

Plus a train and a station looks better value than a train (even though the train would be longer).

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I know obviously the set isn’t out yet, but based on previous Lego Trains, do you reckon it’ll be easy to buy the set twice and use the second carriage as a third carriage or would it be too difficult?

Wouldn't be a problem what so ever.

28 minutes ago, deskp said:

Wouldn't be a problem what so ever.

That makes me so happy, I don’t think I’ll buy the set twice, but I will buy the parts for the carriage off BL and make it longer ?

Guys, is this summer wave gonna be single in 2018 for HP? Or autumn-winter another wave? Thanks.

24 minutes ago, AlaPo said:

Guys, is this summer wave gonna be single in 2018 for HP? Or autumn-winter another wave? Thanks.

This is only wave this year. There are rumors that HP will be an evergreen (like Ninjago, Star Wars or Marvel) theme, so probably we will get second wave in January, but nothing is confirmed yet.