Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 5/26/2018 at 7:15 AM, 8BrickMario said:

I wonder if a new Hagrid's Hut set would be based on the two-room design from PoA onward, as we haven't seen that version before. 

Because of the amount of attention to the archiecture detailing they gave to the Great Hall (I do not know what it is called but how outside the GH, they replicated the extra awning), and giving us all House Quidditch stands plus a whole section for the hoops. All of this is giving me a feeling they might try to achieve a two house hut because they seem to really be pushing for "make as archiectually accurate to the movies as possible".

The revivial this time has gotten me so excited!

6 minutes ago, doclord said:

I don't think you can make a completely brickbuilt Erumpent, I'm hoping for a molded head at least.

You can make everything with Lego, but animals definitely look better moulded.. The price compared to the number of bricks are so cheep, so I do not expect to many fancy moulds in the set, but they may surprise us :wink:

Just now, kevkipo said:

They look great! I'm curious if Newt will have a new hair mold?

Nah, it’s the same as the Dimensions figure’s hair

Jacob is amazing. Hairpiece and head is fantastic. Torso is great. Looking at the character in the film, he doesn't need leg printing, but looking at an actual minifgure, he needs it. Even not really detailed one.

Quennie is... good. Hairpiece and torso are perfect, but... well, there is no normal facial expression one looks kinda scared and terrified, and the other one looks like she's having an orgasm. Leg printing is weird. Totally inaccurate.

Newt and Tina look good as well! But will the Dimensions pack now be the only way to get blue coat Newt?

Just now, kevkipo said:

Newt and Tina look good as well! But will the Dimensions pack now be the only way to get blue coat Newt?

More than likely, unless they decide to include them in a later set, but for the time being they’re only available in the Dimensions packs or on BrickLink (where I got them)

1 hour ago, kevkipo said:

I assume so. But you'll likely get their movie 2 coat versions in some future set.

It looks like we are getting Newt, Tina, Queenee and Jacob (and niffler and possibly more beasts/creatures) in the suitcase set.

Has anyone heard rumours if this the complete Minifig selection for the set because I hope we still get Dumbledore.

23 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Has anyone heard rumours if this the complete Minifig selection for the set because I hope we still get Dumbledore.

I don't think Young Dumbledore would really make an interesting minifigure. Old Dumbledore is more iconic.

27 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

It looks like we are getting Newt, Tina, Queenee and Jacob (and niffler and possibly more beasts/creatures) in the suitcase set.

If young Dumbledore appears in a FB set it won't be this one. Based on the outfits, the suitcase will be based only on the first film. I Hope we will be getting a second Crimes Of Grindewald set...

The FB minifigs look fantastic! Very pleased to see them, it's making me way more curious about the Suitcase set. I'm not a fan of the brick-built Fawkes and Basilisk in the Great Hall set (although they don't bother me much because they're only side builds) but it'll be interesting to see what the brick-built creatures in the Suitcase look like. 

I think that the Erumpent will likely be built similarly to the rhino in the Black Panther set Rhino Face Off at the Mine (76099). 

Jacob looks perfect, only thing he needs is a suitcase, which is easily remedied. I do agree both of the Queenie faces are weird, I don't recall her grinning like that in the film, it's too cheesy for her. Hopefully we get a normal face eventually, or this one isnt't final.

17 minutes ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Maybe I missed this in the last 192 pages, but is the new Harry Potter legos going to be more than 1 wave?

Hasn't been officially confirmed but if they sell well (which I think they will) then probably yes. Also them focusing mainly on Sorcrers Stone and Chamber of Secrets, makes me believe they will continue with Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire (my two favorites) next year and continue the pattern of two films per year.  Rumor is that Lego wants to make it "evergreen" akin to Star Wars. 

Edited by RODDY

16 minutes ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Maybe I missed this in the last 192 pages, but is the new Harry Potter legos going to be more than 1 wave?

Nothing confirmed but heavily rumored

2 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Hasn't been officially confirmed but if they sell well (which I think they will) then probably yes. Also them focusing mainly on Sorcrers Stone and Chamber of Secrets, makes me believe they will continue with Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire (my two favorites) next year and continue the pattern of two films per year.  Rumor is that Lego wants to make it "evergreen" akin to Star Wars. 

Unless the sets absolutely tank then I don’t think they will determine if we get another wave of sets. Lego sets are usually designed around 18 months in advance. So I would say another wave is pretty much for sure but sales would affect the summer wave of next year

Oh... if the upcoming waves focus in films 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8, then that means we done with movies 1 and 2?

Because Firenze the centaur only appeared in film 1. So, that means no centaur :sceptic:

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Shame on you! Confusing one of the most adorable characters in the hole wizarding world with one of the definitely worst :tongue: By the way you should see the movie:wink:

Ok, I get it :laugh:

In that case I wish they had reused the old hairpiece for Umbridge, so they wouldn't look so similar.

Because this Queenie girl looks like Umbridge had a dye job

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh... if the upcoming waves focus in films 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8, then that means we done with movies 1 and 2?

Because Firenze the centaur only appeared in film 1. So, that means no centaur :sceptic:

If it’s evergreen, they’ll cycle back to films 1and 2 eventually

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ok, I get it :laugh:

In that case I wish they had reused the old hairpiece for Umbridge, so they wouldn't look so similar.

Well, if you're just looking for a centaur fig and aren't fussed if he's Firenze or not, I could see us getting one or two in the eventual Order of the Phoenix sets (maybe with Grawp too? I can dream)

18 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

I think that JKR should be the exclusive CMF minifigure which appears once in four boxes.

I don't really expect a Rowling minifigure.

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Well, if you're just looking for a centaur fig and aren't fussed if he's Firenze or not, I could see us getting one or two in the eventual Order of the Phoenix sets (maybe with Grawp too? I can dream)

Any centaur would be fantastic.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think the problem is that Queenie's blonde, but not so blonde that they'd give her a yellow hairpiece. Also, the pink outfit she wears in the film is more clearly a dress, but it looks awkward on the figure. She doesn't exactly have a defining outfit, so the pink one is the one they chose. 

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

That right there but would the perfect opportunity to revive a fantasy castle series with those molds they would need to make. I could see that.

I'm impressed how well the main four of the FB group turned out! Though if I'm being honest, the dimensions Newt and Tina are much more accurate than the ones from the suitcase. Tina's hair is ehh...and Newt's face is bad. I do wish they had either made a new hairpiece for Newt or maybe recolored Jay from the Lego Ninjago Movie's hair.