Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

What mirrors are in 75954? There are two double-sided mirrors. One of them is Harry with his parents for sure. Second is Quirrel with philosopher's stone for sure, but there are two more. One looks like Dumbledore, and second like Harry. Any ideas or info?

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What mirrors are in 75954? There are two double-sided mirrors. One of them is Harry with his parents for sure. Second is Quirrel with philosopher's stone for sure, but there are two more. One looks like Dumbledore, and second like Harry. Any ideas or info?

I think the other was Ron winning the House Cup or something like that.

Looks like Ron with the House Cup, I can see yellow on the panel second from the left, and it looks like Ron's hair. I can't tell what the next one along is, though.

23 hours ago, MAB said:

What is trickery about it? Blow it up and it is clear the hand is inside the hole in the head and they have angled it so you don't see the torso's neck.

[image]

Is the high res image that you have seen the same pose as the one above? As even at low resolution it is clear that the hand is INSIDE the head and definitely not in front. The shadows inside the hand make that clear. Maybe you can post the high resolution shot you have.

In other shots of the minifigures the head is attached to the torso but they are different to that view on the front of the box.

Clearly I was wrong, Jesus you have an answer for everything don’t you... ever thought that not everything needs your input ??‍♂️

Where is the Quirrel holding the stone seen? Is it on the box somewhere?

15 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Where is the Quirrel holding the stone seen? Is it on the box somewhere?

Original announcement pictures. Shame there no empty mirror.

hp2ewew2.jpg

Edited by deskp

19 hours ago, deskp said:

Original announcement pictures.

Ah, gotcha I thought it was an image of the figure with the stone, do you reckon that the red infinity stone would be better than the gem that’s pictured?

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There could be a might easier reason for why Jacob isn’t there, he isn’t in the sets. If he isn’t in the sets why would Lego include him on the box art

He has to be in one of the sets. He is one of the three main characters.

32 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

He has to be in one of the sets. He is one of the three main characters.

Newt, Tina, and Jacob are definitely not the “three main characters”, because there are four. Jacob without Queenie makes no sense given how involved their characters are with each other. 

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

Ah, gotcha I thought it was an image of the figure with the stone, do you reckon that the red infinity stone would be better than the gem that’s pictured?

Don't think anyone said infinity stone.  

s-l225.jpg

Just now, deskp said:

Don't think anyone said infinity stone.  

s-l225.jpg

I never said anyone did, I mentioned it a while ago, I was asking if you thought it would be better than the one we’re getting, yes that does look better but clearly we’re not getting it in the trans red

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Clearly I was wrong, Jesus you have an answer for everything don’t you... ever thought that not everything needs your input ??‍♂️

You're really insecure dude, it's super obvious and super annoying. You make this thread a very cringe-inducing read. You should be virtually slapped at some point in your life, otherwise you'll be this way forever.

Also, as has been stated several times before, please stop with the unnecessary quoting of pictures.

Just now, zegodhand said:

You're really insecure dude, it's super obvious and super annoying. You make this thread a very cringe-inducing read. You should be virtually slapped at some point in your life, otherwise you'll be this way forever.

Also, as has been stated several times before, please stop with the unnecessary quoting of pictures.

I’m really not insecure, I’m just fed up of this guy replying to EVERYTHING that I put on, and I don’t get how anything I put makes it a “cringe-inducing” read, I don’t put up with shit in real life why should I put up with shit in an Internet forum?

1 hour ago, zegodhand said:

58 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’m really not insecure, I’m just fed up of this guy replying to EVERYTHING that I put on, and I don’t get how anything I put makes it a “cringe-inducing” read, I don’t put up with shit in real life why should I put up with shit in an Internet forum?

I'm not really sure how this escalated, but PLEASE STOP. We don't tolerate any form of bullying or rudeness towards other people here. If you think someone has been out of line, take it up with a member of staff.

Though they aren't supposed to minimod, as others have said @harleydavid98 please stop quoting pictures.

Now, everyone just lighten up and carry on. Thanks :thumbup:

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is Ron holding the quidditch cup in one of them 

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is Ron holding the quidditch cup in one of them 

Yeah I guess it's Ron, Harry+Parents, Quirrel and 1 secret one. Perhaps Harry holding the stone?

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah I guess it's Ron, Harry+Parents, Quirrel and 1 secret one. Perhaps Harry holding the stone?

It's in the box. From what I can tell, it's Dumbledore wearing the socks

Edited by Robert8

9 hours ago, topiku said:

Hogwarts set without stickers would look plain as hell, why don‘t you apply them?

Well one of the first sets I built after coming out of the dark age was a even older set I got my hands on.. A few years later the stickers were just literally falling apart, maybe I put it to close to the sun or the stickers from the late -90 had a really low quality compared to modern ones *huh* Have not seen the problem in other sets so it may be the latter or a combination.. So I have stopped applying stickers lately, if I change my mind I can just do it later I keep them safe with the manual :wink:

Maybe asked this before, but how many polybags can we expect in this wave? For sure we are getting at least 1 or 2, but they usually are of the main cast or mini builds of the models, so no reason to expect a new character in a polybag I assume? :sceptic:

32 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe asked this before, but how many polybags can we expect in this wave? For sure we are getting at least 1 or 2, but they usually are of the main cast or mini builds of the models, so no reason to expect a new character in a polybag I assume? :sceptic:

Unless there's a videogame or potentially a DVD/Blu Ray release that makes sense for it, I don't foresee a new character exclusive polybag.

It's kind of amusing to me that you'd actually want there to be one, though? With these exclusives, people always complain that they're hard to get and it's not nice having desirable characters in exclusive polybags, but then when we aren't getting one, other people complain. I'm not accusing you of complaining or anything - just pointing out this observation.

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Unless there's a videogame or potentially a DVD/Blu Ray release that makes sense for it, I don't foresee a new character exclusive polybag.

It's kind of amusing to me that you'd actually want there to be one, though? With these exclusives, people always complain that they're hard to get and it's nice having desirable characters in exclusive polybags, but then when we aren't getting one, other people complain. I'm not accusing you of complaining or anything - just pointing out this observation.

Hehe, well it would be a nice way to get a new student or similar :blush: Often in Norway they come with the Donald Duck comic so they are rather easy to get.. Hopefully not a videogame or DVD/Blu Ray fig, because they are much more expensive.. If they are minifig based and nice I will try to get them, if it is a mini train etc I probably do not care..

I think there’s potential for a polybag with the D2C release (like Mr. freeze and Winter Soldier with the batcave and Helicarrier respectively) it would probably be tied to Hogwarts, so probably a ghost or teacher

LEGO have done a great job with the entire wave and I'm sure they'll be best sellers! 

The box art for 75953, 75954 & 75955 are all exceptional and, for the first time in a long while, I'm really looking forward to buying some new sets!  The mid & dark blue background tones are perfect and the full moon adds a suitably 'spooky' touch.  I was tempted to buy a few of the older sets 6 months ago on the aftermarket, but I'm glad I waited!  If the rumoured UCS Hogwarts is of a similar quality (albeit hopefully on a far larger scale) I'll be buying it whatever the RRP.  My LEGO collection is virtually all Star Wars, but all of these sets are far too good to ignore :wub:

33 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I think there’s potential for a polybag with the D2C release (like Mr. freeze and Winter Soldier with the batcave and Helicarrier respectively) it would probably be tied to Hogwarts, so probably a ghost or teacher

Ah that is a good precedent to mention. I'd completely forgotten about those. I do hope if they do it, it's a relatively minor character, unlike Umbridge and Slughorn in that special pack :facepalm:

Dean Thomas, Crabbe and Goyle are potential characters that spring to mind, or maybe even the original, older version of Flitwick (since he has a different look for the rest of the film after CoS)

But there wasn't a polybag for the Disney Castle, because Disney had their own CMF line, just like Harry Potter this year. 

Releasing a poly when a whole CMF line is coming feels kind of redundant. I'm not saying that it can't happen, but I think it's unlikely. 

Unless, the poly is something that wouldn't fit in the CMF line. Like JK Rowling herself with a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, using the Nexo Knights book piece. (Or they can step it up and include the 7 books :laugh:)