Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

58 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

Did anybody notice the odd angle that the head of Nearly Headless Nick has on the box art for the Great Hall?

Yes. The image I saw was quite low quality, but it almost looks as though Nick is holding his head on his hand. 

really the only bad thing about the great hall is the inclusion of the basilisk. it is not fitting with the scene, and it is way way smaller than it should be. 

1 minute ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Yes. The image I saw was quite low quality, but it almost looks as though Nick is holding his head on his hand. 

Nah, his hand’s in front of his head (seen a high res image of the box)

Does anyone think that when we get Ginny they’ll give her a new hair mould or have her looking like a Gryffindor version of Susan Bones?

41 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

really the only bad thing about the great hall is the inclusion of the basilisk. it is not fitting with the scene, and it is way way smaller than it should be. 

My thoughts exactly. Also they've chosen to have Quirrel running from it on the box which just highlights the absurdity of it's inclusion in this set even more; not only did it not appear in the Great Hall, but there is no way Quirrel could be running from it as he the Basilisk was the year after. I think this and McGonagall's legs really shows how they are marketing these for play rather than full accuracy, but still in what essentially looks like a Year 1 set, this feels wrong. And yes, these things would have bugged me as a child, although I know a lot of kids probably won't care.

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

He does hold his head in his hand.

lego-75954-harrypotter_0.jpg

But nevertheless the box arts are great.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

My thoughts exactly. Also they've chosen to have Quirrel running from it on the box which just highlights the absurdity of it's inclusion in this set even more; not only did it not appear in the Great Hall, but there is no way Quirrel could be running from it as he the Basilisk was the year after. I think this and McGonagall's legs really shows how they are marketing these for play rather than full accuracy, but still in what essentially looks like a Year 1 set, this feels wrong. And yes, these things would have bugged me as a child, although I know a lot of kids probably won't care.

These sets are definitely tailoured more towards accuracy compared to previous incarnations, but in this instance they’ve just added in the basilisk for extra play value, it doesn’t detract from the set as a whole as it’s a side build.

in previous sets we’d have scenes and characters and designs from 3 different movies smashed into one set (e.g: 2010 Hogwarts Express, Hagrids Hut And Hogwarts Castle). Due to the sudden resergence in Harry Potter nostalgia from an older crowd that were kids when these films first arrived, the accuracy to designs and scenes is far more accurate. But as ever, Lego does have to put the child audience first.

24 minutes ago, cocabottle said:

The artwork is beautiful! Anyone noticed Levio-SA Hermione with the feather on the back of the Willow-box?

Yes I noticed, so I guess my " Flitwick with feather" in the

tread is less likely :tongue:

On a different note, strange that we have not gotten any more info on the FB set(s), I assume it is only the suitcase left, but one could hope there is one more set out there. Is the FB sets coming out later than the HP sets, if not it should leak any time now.. The CMF are probably leaked later in summer, but we should get some polybag leaks sooner or later as well :classic:

Worst things about the Great Hall set are the brick-built creatures and the fact that the banners are reversible.  It would have been better to have 1 banner for each house rather than having them share banners.

I wonder if a new Hagrid's Hut set would be based on the two-room design from PoA onward, as we haven't seen that version before. 

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Worst things about the Great Hall set are the brick-built creatures and the fact that the banners are reversible.  It would have been better to have 1 banner for each house rather than having them share banners.

They are just stickers, aren't they? Buy a couple of extra flag panels and the problem is solved.

4 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

He does hold his head in his hand.

But nevertheless the box arts are great.

As harleydavid98 points out, this is an illusion caused by his left arm being up.  The press release photos show his head to be quite firmly attached to his torso.

Its complete unachievable trickery with Nick on that boxart.

lies.

22 minutes ago, deskp said:

Its complete unachievable trickery with Nick on that boxart.

lies.

What is trickery about it? Blow it up and it is clear the hand is inside the hole in the head and they have angled it so you don't see the torso's neck.

UUQybEY.png

8 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Is the high res image that you have seen the same pose as the one above? As even at low resolution it is clear that the hand is INSIDE the head and definitely not in front. The shadows inside the hand make that clear. Maybe you can post the high resolution shot you have.

In other shots of the minifigures the head is attached to the torso but they are different to that view on the front of the box.

Edited by MAB

Ow I though the hand was in front of his head due to that shadow on the neck lining up with the hand.

3 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

I wonder if a new Hagrid's Hut set would be based on the two-room design from PoA onward, as we haven't seen that version before. 

I really hope so too, as well go a more spacious interior it would also be a good way to get Buckbeak. 

I feel like the troll from the dungeons might have been a better inclusion than the Basilisk, but otherwise I think it’s a great set nonetheless. 

Hmm, the pic of the back of the 75954 box shows Quirrell holding the Philosopher's Stone on one of the Mirror of Erised panels and it seems to be the classic 24 facet jewel, just like in the original set :hmpf_bad: Granted, it's better than the 5 point crystal they used in the Diagon Alley D2C set (which, ironically, is included in this set too) but I would have hoped for a trans-red version of the new gold nugget piece. Oh well, it's just a minor detail anyway :tongue:

3 hours ago, MAB said:

They are just stickers, aren't they? Buy a couple of extra flag panels and the problem is solved.

That's not the point.

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

good way to get Buckbeak.

:thumbup: and Fang :blush:

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

That's not the point.

For all we know we might even get extras on the sticker sheet, not that I mind since I have stopped applying stickers to sets I build :tongue:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

For all we know we might even get extras on the sticker sheet, not that I mind since I have stopped applying stickers to sets I build :tongue:

Hogwarts set without stickers would look plain as hell, why don‘t you apply them?

6 hours ago, MAB said:

What is trickery about it? Blow it up and it is clear the hand is inside the hole in the head and they have angled it so you don't see the torso's neck.

So, he isn't Nearly Headless Nick but completely headless :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I guess it's a possibility, but unless they give us extra banner pieces it wouldn't really matter.

Not that I'm particularly upset, it's just a point that I think should be made about the set.

37 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I guess it's a possibility, but unless they give us extra banner pieces it wouldn't really matter.

Not that I'm particularly upset, it's just a point that I think should be made about the set.

I think the point of the reversible banners is to replicate the ‘change of decoration’ scene in the first film. Dumbledore changes the banners but they literally just morph