Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

Does anyone has an idea about the reason the CMF calendar changed ? April for Series 18, now August for Wizarding world. We had January/May/September and now December/april/August, that's it ?

I think the Unikitty Collectable Figures were also a factor here

My predictions for the next wave of Harry Potter sets:
 The Burrow ($70-80):
 - Harry, Ron, Ginny, Molly, Arthur, Percy and the twins
 Shrieking shack ($40-60)
- Sirius, Pettigrew, Lupin, Harry, Ron, Hermione, (maybe Snape and Dementor)
 Hagrids Hut ($40-50)
- Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Buckbeak, maybe Executioner and Fudge + Dumbledore
 Chamber of Secrets ($60-70)
- Tom Riddle, Harry, Ginny, Lockhart, Ron, Basilisk + Fawkes
 Diagon Alley ($120-140)
- Ollivander, Goblins... (a lot of minifigures)

And one or two sets for The Crimes of Grindelwald.

No sets from the 4th movir because I think this would need an entire wave on it‘s own.

What do you guys think of that list?

Edited by topiku
Forgot to add something

1 minute ago, topiku said:

My predictions for the next wave of Harry Potter sets:
 The Burrow ($70-80):
 - Harry, Ron, Ginny, Molly, Arthur, Percy and the twins
 Shrieking shack ($40-60)
- Sirius, Pettigrew, Lupin, Harry, Ron, Hermione, (maybe Snape and Dementor)
 Hagrids Hut ($40-50)
- Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Buckbeak, maybe Executioner and Fudge + Dumbledore
 Chamber of Secrets ($60-70)
- Tom Riddle, Harry, Ginny, Lockhart, Ron, Basilisk + Fawkes
 Diagon Alley ($120-140)
- Ollivander, Goblins... (a lot of minifigures)

And one or two sets for The Crimes of Grindelwald.

No sets from the 4th movir because I think this would need an entire wave on it‘s own.

Looks good, I could see the Burrow being in the Half Blood Prince wave (the Burrow battle with Bella and Fenrir), I’m not sure what, but I think the rest is not unreasonable, a Shack priced at $60 would be amazing, and the rest would be fantastic, I’d love a Burrow at around the same price as the Great Hall so $100 instead of $70-80, but everything else sounds amazing, great work ????

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

but everything else sounds amazing, great work ????

Thands dude, and yeah I could see the Burrow being added when they do Half blood prince sets, but it‘s very reminiscent in the second and fourth movie, would be a shame not to get it in the next 2-3 waves

1 minute ago, topiku said:

Thands dude, and yeah I could see the Burrow being added when they do Half blood prince sets, but it‘s very reminiscent in the second and fourth movie, would be a shame not to get it in the next 2-3 waves

It definitely would be a shame, but at the same time, it would be the best way to get an updated Fenrir because he wasn’t really a big player outside of that scene, but I could imagine them doing with that what they’ve done with this wave, having bits from all the films in that set, would be cool as heck

The boxart of the other sets (minus the yet-to-be-revealed ones) can be found on instagram :thumbup: The FB sets use very similar boxart as the HP ones, just with Newt, Tina and a Niffler in the corner instead of the trio :sweet:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

The boxart of the other sets (minus the yet-to-be-revealed ones) can be found on instagram :thumbup: The FB sets use very similar boxart as the HP ones, just with Newt, Tina and a Niffler in the corner instead of the trio :sweet:

They look Fantastic ?, but aside from the jest, I can’t wait for the rest of the sets to be officially revealed!!! ??

The box art for the Great Hall just makes it looks even better! Really string wave we’ve got here so far :thumbup:

Curiously the FB boxart is from the first film? appears so with the coat color and hairstyles.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

That's very silly of LEGO - it should be Newt, Tina and Jacob. They're the new golden trio.

26 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

That's very silly of LEGO - it should be Newt, Tina and Jacob. They're the new golden trio.

Well that's too early to tell If there even is one. Shouldn't assume they're just slotting into a formula.

The first film showed the 4 of them together a lot in their merchandise.   Jacob is very much connected to queenie

All the new characters and whatnot in second film we don't really know where the focus s with these films.

If we go down the slippery slope of boxarts predicting sets (looking at you Star Wars UCS), both Hogwarts Set boxes feature the Astronamy tower quite prominently in the background, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is one of the buildings in the D2C, it is the tallest building in the version of Hogwarts seen in its last 3 appearances.

for the D2C, I can very much see what we receive being various buildings with walls that can be modular and attached in various configurations. I expect to see these buildings :

Astronomy Tower, The Clocktower, the building usually connected to the great hall by a bridge, the bell towers (the focus of the 2011 Set), The Owlery, greenhouse(s), the main bridge(that the statues defend), and a few miscellaneous tall towers and walls to attach here and there.

Edited by Whovastron

35 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

Well that's too early to tell If there even is one. Shouldn't assume they're just slotting into a formula.

The first film showed the 4 of them together a lot in their merchandise.   Jacob is very much connected to queenie

All the new characters and whatnot in second film we don't really know where the focus s with these films.

There could be a might easier reason for why Jacob isn’t there, he isn’t in the sets. If he isn’t in the sets why would Lego include him on the box art

I bought the 2004 Clock Tower when POA came out and I fudging love that thing. I would love to see another take on it in the style how TLG made the Great Hall.

4 minutes ago, joeee said:

I bought the 2004 Clock Tower when POA came out and I fudging love that thing. I would love to see another take on it in the style how TLG made the Great Hall.

Well there has supposedly been someone who has seen the D2C and said specifically that it features the Clocktower 

13 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

If we go down the slippery slope of boxarts predicting sets (looking at you Star Wars UCS), both Hogwarts Set boxes feature the Astronamy tower quite prominently in the background, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is one of the buildings in the D2C, it is the tallest building in the version of Hogwarts seen in its last 3 appearances.

for the D2C, I can very much see what we receive being various buildings with walls that can be modular and attached in various configurations. I expect to see these buildings :

Astronomy Tower, The Clocktower, the building usually connected to the great hall by a bridge, the bell towers (the focus of the 2011 Set), The Owlery, greenhouse(s), the main bridge(that the statues defend), and a few miscellaneous tall towers and walls to attach here and there.

Let’s hope, I’m just personally hoping for a HUGE Hogwarts so I can display it without it looking stupid (previous Hogwarts sets)

Something worth mentioning. Both the Great Hall and Whomping Willow boxarts have been revealed, I thought it was quite odd that when pictures first released of Great Hall, we didn’t see the boxart. Obviously that is probably due t the fact that it wasn’t finalised and that the back of the boxart features an image depicting how you can connect 75954 & 75953, (the latter hadn’t been unveiled yet.)

It’s odd that LEGO held off from releasing the box art (again it probably wasn’t finalised), even after the Wiilow was revealed. Surely if the D2C was to connect to the castle portions it too would be featured on the back of the box. Obviously not the first something like this has occurred, but with LEGO now more than ever, promoting how and which sets connect I find it odd that they would leave off the D2C.

I think it’s possible the D2C won’t connect with 75954 & 75953, possibilly it’s a different scale or even includes a version of 75954 & 75953. Just something I thought was interesting.

12 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Something worth mentioning. Both the Great Hall and Whomping Willow boxarts have been revealed, I thought it was quite odd that when pictures first released of Great Hall, we didn’t see the boxart. Obviously that is probably due t the fact that it wasn’t finalised and that the back of the boxart features an image depicting how you can connect 75954 & 75953, (the latter hadn’t been unveiled yet.)

It’s odd that LEGO held off from releasing the box art (again it probably wasn’t finalised), even after the Wiilow was revealed. Surely if the D2C was to connect to the castle portions it too would be featured on the back of the box. Obviously not the first something like this has occurred, but with LEGO now more than ever, promoting how and which sets connect I find it odd that they would leave off the D2C.

I think it’s possible the D2C won’t connect with 75954 & 75953, possibilly it’s a different scale or even includes a version of 75954 & 75953. Just something I thought was interesting.

I don’t think it’s likely they would advertise it as the D2C is supposedly a long way off yet. Additionally I think there are complications when it comes to advertising exclusive sets, usually boxes and instructions don’t advertise exclusives or D2C sets. For example the Jurassic World sets don’t advertise the T-Rex or JP Raptor on the back of the boxes for the mix and match feature. D2C wise, the Star Wars UCS sets are never advertised in regular instruction booklets, and Ninjago City wasn’t advertised in booklets for the Ninjago theme.

personally I think the closest the D2C could come to replicating the parts in the summer sets is a 2nd half to the main tower that can be connected to the back, possibly featuring the small staggered tower that contains Dumbledore’s office, which is mysteriously absent from the main tower

Edited by Whovastron

45 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

I think it's probable that it won't connect.

9 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’m thinking that maybe Lego thinks that kids are more likely to buy Lego for themselves than Adults are for kids so they release them January so they can use any Christmas money they get, it’s the only logic I can put behind releasing them after Christmas instead of before

Lego intentionally waits until after Christmas to increase sales. If new sets come out December 1, those are the sets that get bought for kids for Christmas. If new sets come out January 1, the sell lots of September releases in December, and then people buy the new January releases once they come out.

They essentially make it so people who want January releases, buy something else for Christmas and buy the new sets as well when they are released. 

8 hours ago, topiku said:

Well I think Hagrids hut, shrieking shack and knight bus (and maybe something with a patronus and dementors down by the lake) is most likely from the 3 film if it is combined in a wave with the 4 film, if it is in a wave alone it probably could get more than 3 sets, but the other sets you are guessing are probably in later waves :wink:

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ron has become a Niffler :grin:

5 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

That box art says nothing, they never include sets that come later on the box. If they combine with the 2DC it is probably on that box art. They can not have customers going crazy for several months wanting to buy a set that is not for sale yet.. They probably want people to buy the normal sets not knowing about the D2C so they do not save all the money for that set..

It is a small possibility that the D2C will be at SDCC if not I think it will just be revealed a week or similar to its release..

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There could be a might easier reason for why Jacob isn’t there, he isn’t in the sets. If he isn’t in the sets why would Lego include him on the box art

Yes and it would be strange to include him without Queenie and 4-5 on the box art was probably to many this time, so was probably better to get a representative for the fantastic beasts on the box.. This can very well change in the next wave.. It is still possible we get Jacob and Queenie in the suitcase and or the CMF by the way :wink:

6 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

Did anybody notice the odd angle that the head of Nearly Headless Nick has on the box art for the Great Hall?

Probably to show him being ‘nearly’ headless