Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Does anyone know when we should expect a second wave?

I'm guessing March, because The LEGO Movie 2 line will come out next January

Just now, Robert8 said:

I don’t know if it’s true but I heard a rumour that there was a few more sets coming out later this year (after August), like I said I have no idea if it’s true, but I sure hope so

Just now, Robert8 said:

Well, the CMF line comes out in Sep 1st, so the rumor is true

“Sets”, I made no mention of the CMF, plus the CMF comes out in August

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well March would be great, but sounds maybe to optimistic to me.. Worst case scenario (I assume we get a wave) we will have it in 2020 in time for the 3 FB film :hmpf_bad: I think the sets will sell like crazy so Lego will probably launch a second wave sooner than that maybe in summer or fall next year :sweet:

44 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well, the CMF line comes out in Sep 1st, so the rumor is true

Wait where did you see this? Because the leaked catalog said Augusto. 

Edited by RODDY

DIfferent countries can have slightly different release dates anyway, especially for CMFs. And even then, some stores will sell before the release date while others won't get them out on the shop floor until a while afterwards.

Just now, MAB said:

DIfferent countries can have slightly different release dates anyway, especially for CMFs. And even then, some stores will sell before the release date while others won't get them out on the shop floor until a while afterwards.

As long as Lego get them out in the right date then I don’t really care, but I know where I work gets them like 2-3 weeks early but doesn’t start selling them until the official release date, if we try to put them through they come up as £9999.99 (unsellable) and it actually gets flagged to head office

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well March would be great, but sounds maybe to optimistic to me.. Worst case scenario (I assume we get a wave) we will have it in 2020 in time for the 3 FB film :hmpf_bad: I think the sets will sell like crazy so Lego will probably launch a second wave sooner than that maybe in summer or fall next year :sweet:

This theme in general is not relying much on the fantasic beasts movies, if this was the case we would see more fantasic beasts sets then Harry Potter and the cmf series would be focused on fantasic beasts not Harry Potter. Your worse case is for the fantasic beast sets and sets only being produced when the movies drop.  Lego has very high hopes for this theme, I don’t think we will have to wait for next summer to see another wave of Harry Potter sets 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This theme in general is not relying much on the fantasic beasts movies, if this was the case we would see more fantasic beasts sets then Harry Potter and the cmf series would be focused on fantasic beasts not Harry Potter. Your worse case is for the fantasic beast sets and sets only being produced when the movies drop.  Lego has very high hopes for this theme, I don’t think we will have to wait for next summer to see another wave of Harry Potter sets 

So what you’re saying is you reckon start/middle of next year would be possible?

There often is no "right" date, it can vary from country to country. Series 1, for example, came out in the UK a few months before it did in the US. Series 6 was out before Xmas in the UK but in new year in the US, 9 and 10 and 11 were similar by 1-2 months. The summer ones are often out in Europe in August but September in the US. I used to post quite a few over to mates in the US when there were delays of a month or more. Although I think most of the licensed ones have had very similar release dates worldwide, it can still vary by a couple of weeks to start appearing.

The "Agosto" in the leaked catalogue may refer to a street date but may also refer to a delivery date to the store. So I wouldn't get too hung up over whether it is August or September.

19 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It is for sure right that they do not take much chances with the FB sets yet, but that could very well change if the sets are selling like hot cakes.. I guess they can split up HP and FB in to different waves also, so we e.g. get one HP wave in spring and one FB in fall.. Anyway I hope you are right :wink:

I think we’re probably gonna get a spring wave for HP, and then a summer wave, with the following year having a winter wave, and then another summer wave with some FB sets.

i think the way Lego have set this up is to have it up there with Star Wars and Superheroes as their tentpole licences.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Why would the Lego Movie 2 theme affect HP?

Does anyone has an idea about the reason the CMF calendar changed ? April for Series 18, now August for Wizarding world. We had January/May/September and now December/april/August, that's it ?

4 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

Does anyone has an idea about the reason the CMF calendar changed ? April for Series 18, now August for Wizarding world. We had January/May/September and now December/april/August, that's it ?

It has always been a bit variable anyway, but I like it when the figures come out pre-Christmas rather than in January. The CMF make great little stocking fillers. But if the only ones out at the time are the September ones, they are boring by Christmas (as the kids have them all by that time).

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It has always been a bit variable anyway, but I like it when the figures come out pre-Christmas rather than in January. The CMF make great little stocking fillers. But if the only ones out at the time are the September ones, they are boring by Christmas (as the kids have them all by that time).

How often before have the ones slated for January released in December? I know loads of kids rushing in to buy them because they thought they were being taken off sale to go out in January

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

Thank you, I should have thought about this specific reason (before / after Christmas) but I didn't know that was variable. Since 2013 (for the far I know) in France, it used to be Jan/May/Sept which was exactly 4 months between each series.

About the WW CMF, I know there is a lot of eventual Minifigures, a large choice, people are speculating about their own favorite characters, and when I see those complaints about the Minifigs in the sets, I can guess some people will still be disappointed. But I was wondering, don't you think that there are 22 Minifigs this time, it is because there are gonna have maybe 2 or 3 versions of Harry Potter ?

14 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

How often before have the ones slated for January released in December? I know loads of kids rushing in to buy them because they thought they were being taken off sale to go out in January

Series 6 was early Dec 2011 in the UK. Series 9 in 2012 was even earlier, I think November but 2012 got very messed up anyway due to the extra Team GB (we had 4 series in stores that year). TLM is in the January slot for 2013/14 but I don't recall the date for that one (I wasn't really interested). Series 13 was December 2014 for us and Series 15 in December 2015. I think 15 was really late in the US, as I remember sending whole sets of that over. TLBM 1 and 2 would have been in the January slots for 2017 and 2018, and again I didn't really follow those so I'm not sure of the dates.

Just now, MAB said:

Series 6 was early Dec 2011 in the UK. Series 9 in 2012 was even earlier, I think November but 2012 got very messed up anyway due to the extra Team GB (we had 4 series in stores that year). TLM is in the January slot for 2013/14 but I don't recall the date for that one (I wasn't really interested). Series 13 was December 2014 for us and Series 15 in December 2015. I think 15 was really late in the US, as I remember sending whole sets of that over. TLBM 1 and 2 would have been in the January slots for 2017 and 2018, and again I didn't really follow those so I'm not sure of the dates.

Gotcha, so it’s not wholly unheard of

I think that this theme is like LOTR/The Hobbit, where the new movies (Fantastic Beasts) allowed the company to produce sets based on the older property (Harry Potter). I’m expecting one or two small (2-3 or 3-4) waves for HP next year and then they’ll have bigger waves and bigger sets in the years when a movie comes out, but who knows. I’m definitely expecting sets next year at the very least. 

21 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

Thank you, I should have thought about this specific reason (before / after Christmas)

I wish LEGO would think about it too! So many of the big releases are January 1st, which is annoying as if they were pre-Christmas instead you could (a) get them for Christmas and (b) build them over the holidays.

1 hour ago, notpennysboat said:

Well I bought the Ninjago Movie series mid August last year, and I wasn’t even hunting for them. They were already widely availible in the UK

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

I wish LEGO would think about it too! So many of the big releases are January 1st, which is annoying as if they were pre-Christmas instead you could (a) get them for Christmas and (b) build them over the holidays.

I’m thinking that maybe Lego thinks that kids are more likely to buy Lego for themselves than Adults are for kids so they release them January so they can use any Christmas money they get, it’s the only logic I can put behind releasing them after Christmas instead of before

Lego is super aware of christmas.  Any choices they make, christmas has been considered.