Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Whovastron said:

I imagine that down the line it will be featured in sets with characters like Luna

As much as I’d love that I could see us getting Luna in more of her wacky attire, but she is the prime candidate for a Ravenclaw uniform, I can’t think of any important Students in Ravenclaw

Honestly I can't believe that people are actually complaining about getting repeat civilian-clothes torsos. Use a little bit of imagination; not every detail has to be 100% perfect to the films. Harry Potter is a book series too, after all.

I'm absolutely willing to call out when LEGO has been what looks to us as 'lazy' when it comes to minifigure designs. Like in Marvel sets when they reuse heads for a whole bunch of characters that look nothing alike, skimp on details, etc. But in the five new HP sets revealed thus far we are already getting four outfits for Harry, two of which are civvy clothing that accurately matches some point in the film. We're getting two screen-accurate civvy outfits for Ron as well. In the 2010-11 line we only got three Harry outfits total and only one of those was a civvy outfit that was nice and all, but usually out of place.

The Hogwarts Express already has an exclusive Hermione outfit, the trolley witch, and an awesome new Lupin (unlike that wtf-were-they-thinking 2011 Lupin).

But oh, why hasn't anybody complained yet that Hogwarts-outfit Hermione doesn't have a skirt and dual-molded short legs like Lisa Simpson? Gosh, LEGO really dropped the accuracy ball on that one /sarcasm :sceptic:

10 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

As much as I’d love that I could see us getting Luna in more of her wacky attire, but she is the prime candidate for a Ravenclaw uniform, I can’t think of any important Students in Ravenclaw

Cho Chang, hopefully?

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

Cho Chang, hopefully?

Ah yes, of course, that makes perfect sense, she’s seen in her uniform more than Luna ever is, so yeah, I could see Luna in her wacky clothing and Cho in her Ravenclaw uniform

23 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Ah yes, of course, that makes perfect sense, she’s seen in her uniform more than Luna ever is, so yeah, I could see Luna in her wacky clothing and Cho in her Ravenclaw uniform

To be honest, Luna was just the first character that came to mind when I said her :tongue:

down the like it would be cool to get a ‘Dumbledore’s Army training’ set or something with a death eater dummy and Cho and patronus’ or something

Just now, Whovastron said:

To be honest, Luna was just the first character that came to mind when I said her :tongue:

down the like it would be cool to get a ‘Dumbledore’s Army training’ set or something with a death eater dummy and Cho and patronus’ or something

It definitely would, I’ve always said I’d love “Battle pack” type things, with figures that don’t really fit anywhere else, such as Cho and other DA members, maybe Kingsley some other Order members and then some death eaters, would give us at least 3 decent battle packs

32 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

why hasn't anybody complained yet that Hogwarts-outfit Hermione doesn't have a skirt and dual-molded short legs like Lisa Simpson? Gosh, LEGO really dropped the accuracy ball on that one

Actually not a bad idea.  But I am used to LEGO skimping on dual molding and things like leg and arm printing at this point.

I really hope that no one complains about laziness in this wave of sets. They’ve gone all out with new characters, molds, and printing. They’ve gone so far that they’re taking from the budgets of other themes as well. I for one don’t care at all that Harry and Ron have inaccurate outfits in the Hogwarts Express set, since they were in civilian clothing in that scene and I don’t really need 2 civilian Harry variants that are both wearing generic, boring clothing. 

Alright I usually don't rant but the fact the people are disappointed with the minifigs is laughable to me. In the Great Hall we have Quirell who hasn't been around since '01, first hufflepuff, first Sir Headless Nick, an amazing Richard Harris Dumbledore who hasn't been around in a while, updated Hagrid, and new hairpieces for both Harry and Hermione which look perfect. Hogwarts Express has a new Lupin, first Trolley Witch, new dementor. Whomping Willow has an updated Snape with a cool callback to the original Snape with the purple, new Filch, and the first ever Seamus. Figure pack has updated Umbridge and Snape Bogart as long with the first ever Slughorn. This is just the first wave and we still have 22 minifigs to go. And you are going to complain about inaccurate clothing on two of them. Okay some of you guys are just looking for stupid reasons to complan. Lego want this to succeed and obviously put alot of thought and even went over budget to make these sets. Be thankful that they actually made HP sets again. These are the best sets in years by a country mile the only ones that compete are Ninjago City and the Ewok Village.

Edited by RODDY

I was talking about selection, not about designs or number of figs. You get our main trio in almost EVERY set. and Hermione is the same fig in 3 sets. No Flich cat (which would be just one repainted mold), You get Snape twice instead Madame Hutch in Quidditch set.

55 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I was talking about selection, not about designs or number of figs. You get our main trio in almost EVERY set. and Hermione is the same fig in 3 sets. No Flich cat (which would be just one repainted mold), You get Snape twice instead Madame Hutch in Quidditch set.

First off Hermione has a different outfit in the Hogwarts express than the other two. Secondly I think they want to give people a cheaper way to get Snape as the other set he is in is $80. Snape is a way more central character than Hooch and casuals and kids need him more. Anyways Hooch is going to be in the figure pack which hardcore collectors will buy anyways thanks to the wonderful minifigs of Umbridge, Slughorn, and Bogart Snape. I also think putting Snape in the CMF is a terrible idea and will be seen as lazy since he has no variants. As for the main trio, yeah they may appear alot but Ron has 3 variants, Harry has 4, and Hermione 2 to spice it up. It's not like they stick the same exact minifig. Filch's cat again is something that really hardcore fans will care about maybe CMF?

4 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Quidditch is a 500 piece set that sells for 40, 40 usually means no more than 4 figures. And you do get 4 new figures in the set (2 new torso prints 1 new face print)

So you get 100 pieces, Snape and hermione  almost as a bonus.

The budget for the bricktober set is seperate from the line of playsets, So there simply wasn't budget to make Hooch in the quidditch set.

47 minutes ago, deskp said:

The budget for the bricktober set is seperate from the line of playsets, So there simply wasn't budget to make Hooch in the quidditch set.

Nonsense. They could have replaced Snape with Hooch if they wanted. Doesn't have to reflect Philosopher's Stone or any scene from the films.

9 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Nonsense. They could have replaced Snape with Hooch if they wanted. Doesn't have to reflect Philosopher's Stone or any scene from the films.

He means that they could not include another new figure in that set, so they chose to make the hooche figure part of the bricktober pack. I honestly think it's smart and I am pretty satisefied with the selection.I wish they would have printed sanpe a new face for that set but I'm not mad or anything with them for not doing that.

They could have, but they didn't. Discussing this is pointless (especially when a Lego Designer comes here and explains the choices) and only fills the thread with pages full of whining children. 

Accept the fact and move on. I understand that this is the internet, but over the last few months/year this forum has become such a negative place. 

Anyway I read on some French site that the Bricktober pack will be available for purchase in Europe for €14.99 or free with purchases above €70. I don't know if they just took the information of the internet, but I will try to find and add the link here. 

I don't understand why some people just want to shut down the criticism of others.  Are we only to post praise in these threads?

That said, I think they did a fantastic job despite the 2 inaccurate / repeated minifigures and have nothing really to complain about.

50 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I don't understand why some people just want to shut down the criticism of others.  Are we only to post praise in these threads?

That said, I think they did a fantastic job despite the 2 inaccurate / repeated minifigures and have nothing really to complain about.

I think that's basically the point. If criticism appears to be constructive in some minor way at least then its a talking point. Nothing about the comments regarding the screen accurate designs in the Aragog set appear to be constructive. Just a moan. A big fat moan. (I wasn't aiming for constructive) ;)

Crying about figures that you (not you, but people) want in a set because it fits you own desire isn't criticism. Most people who comment are only thinking about themselves.

It's like Robianco says: there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but the last few pages is all about 'I want this figure' or 'this figure is inaccurate because they should have done this figure!'. That's just complaining because you want to up your postcount or you're 12 years old. It doesn't contribute anything to this thread and while neither does this post, something has to be done to make this forum more serious/relevant again. 

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

No they probably couldn’t. Snape is a repeat so no extra cost, Hooch requires new printing, which costs. There was no budget left for the set. Hence why she was left to the Minifigure pack.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I think that's basically the point. If criticism appears to be constructive in some minor way at least then its a talking point. Nothing about the comments regarding the screen accurate designs in the Aragog set appear to be constructive. Just a moan. A big fat moan. (I wasn't aiming for constructive) ;)

46 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Crying about figures that you (not you, but people) want in a set because it fits you own desire isn't criticism. Most people who comment are only thinking about themselves.

It's like Robianco says: there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but the last few pages is all about 'I want this figure' or 'this figure is inaccurate because they should have done this figure!'. That's just complaining because you want to up your postcount or you're 12 years old. It doesn't contribute anything to this thread and while neither does this post, something has to be done to make this forum more serious/relevant again. 

OK, while I understand the points here, the minifigures in the Hogwarts Express set are inaccurate.  They are the only really inaccurate minifigures in the wave so far.  So while it's a small gripe, it's a valid one.  They repeated them from the Aragog set (where they are accurate), and it is understandable from a budget standpoint that this kind of thing would be inevitable.  But I think it's still a reasonable point of criticism and not entirely childish crying and moaning.

20 minutes ago, x105Black said:

OK, while I understand the points here, the minifigures in the Hogwarts Express set are inaccurate.  They are the only really inaccurate minifigures in the wave so far.  So while it's a small gripe, it's a valid one.  They repeated them from the Aragog set (where they are accurate), and it is understandable from a budget standpoint that this kind of thing would be inevitable.  But I think it's still a reasonable point of criticism and not entirely childish crying and moaning.

Thank you for making the same point that I did, but of course you’ll be called a crying baby, it does my head in how (like Trump supporters) most of this forum sees a differing opinion as someone crying about something

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

No they probably couldn’t. Snape is a repeat so no extra cost, Hooch requires new printing, which costs. There was no budget left for the set. Hence why she was left to the Minifigure pack.

how much does it cost just to print a new look onto existing parts? 

6 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

how much does it cost just to print a new look onto existing parts? 

On 2/19/2018 at 4:31 PM, Nabii said:

We could never have printed this many parts. Every printed part is the same as a colour change as far as production complexity goes and Harry Potter went over it's allotted number of changes and actually had to take some from Jurassic World!

He doesn't specifically talk about cost, but I extrapolate from @Nabii's post that a new print costs about the same as making a part in a new color.  Also, it's easy to see why there is a repetition of prints (on some characters) as this theme was actually over-budget on these types of things.  Perhaps they should have allotted a larger budget?  I'm sure a lot of us will feel that way about our favorite properties, but from the looks of this wave it seems that they already allotted quite a large budget to this theme.

I think what we have is very impressive (though now the suggestion of a skirt for the female students' uniforms sounds like something they ought to have done). The sheer amount of new molds (new hair and new accessories everywhere) and recolors, as well as long-awaited updates to characters (Quirrell, Umbridge, Boggart-Snape) who skipped the second incarnation of the line, and minifigures for characters who have never been seen in the sets before (Susan, Nick, Slughorn, etc.) is pretty impressive. Everything is a step up in my mind. 

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Honestly I can't believe that people are actually complaining about getting repeat civilian-clothes torsos. Use a little bit of imagination; not every detail has to be 100% perfect to the films. Harry Potter is a book series too, after all.

I'm absolutely willing to call out when LEGO has been what looks to us as 'lazy' when it comes to minifigure designs. Like in Marvel sets when they reuse heads for a whole bunch of characters that look nothing alike, skimp on details, etc. But in the five new HP sets revealed thus far we are already getting four outfits for Harry, two of which are civvy clothing that accurately matches some point in the film. We're getting two screen-accurate civvy outfits for Ron as well. In the 2010-11 line we only got three Harry outfits total and only one of those was a civvy outfit that was nice and all, but usually out of place.

The Hogwarts Express already has an exclusive Hermione outfit, the trolley witch, and an awesome new Lupin (unlike that wtf-were-they-thinking 2011 Lupin).

But oh, why hasn't anybody complained yet that Hogwarts-outfit Hermione doesn't have a skirt and dual-molded short legs like Lisa Simpson? Gosh, LEGO really dropped the accuracy ball on that one /sarcasm

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really hope that no one complains about laziness in this wave of sets. They’ve gone all out with new characters, molds, and printing. They’ve gone so far that they’re taking from the budgets of other themes as well. I for one don’t care at all that Harry and Ron have inaccurate outfits in the Hogwarts Express set, since they were in civilian clothing in that scene and I don’t really need 2 civilian Harry variants that are both wearing generic, boring clothing. 

10 hours ago, RODDY said:

Alright I usually don't rant but the fact the people are disappointed with the minifigs is laughable to me. In the Great Hall we have Quirell who hasn't been around since '01, first hufflepuff, first Sir Headless Nick, an amazing Richard Harris Dumbledore who hasn't been around in a while, updated Hagrid, and new hairpieces for both Harry and Hermione which look perfect. Hogwarts Express has a new Lupin, first Trolley Witch, new dementor. Whomping Willow has an updated Snape with a cool callback to the original Snape with the purple, new Filch, and the first ever Seamus. Figure pack has updated Umbridge and Snape Bogart as long with the first ever Slughorn. This is just the first wave and we still have 22 minifigs to go. And you are going to complain about inaccurate clothing on two of them. Okay some of you guys are just looking for stupid reasons to complan. Lego want this to succeed and obviously put alot of thought and even went over budget to make these sets. Be thankful that they actually made HP sets again. These are the best sets in years by a country mile the only ones that compete are Ninjago City and the Ewok Village.

I agree :thumbup:

The only reason I can think of why we got a set from the 3 film, is that Lego felt they needed to bring the train out in the first wave. Accurate clothing for Harry/Ron instead of the trolley witch?! *huh* If the Lego designers read this they probably think "we" are completely bonkers :laugh: We will most likely get several sets from the 3 film in the next wave, might even get the accurate Harry/Ron from the train in a set. The trolley witch on the other hand will most likely never show up in a set again!