Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Overval the characters distribution is horrible in this sets.
I just hope this series will continue as I want new Hagrid hut with new Norbert AND Fang.

you gotta be joking right?

in terms of minifigures per set this is what LEGO should do in EVERY license(looks at Marvel & DC Sets) they have.

grand hall for 100€ and have 10 ... FREAKIN TEN minifigures for only a 100€!

Whomping Willow Tree and Hogwards Express has 6 each

22 minutes ago, just_one said:

grand hall for 100€ and have 10 ... FREAKIN TEN minifigures for only a 100€!

There are quite a lot of other parts in that set too though.

5 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Overval the characters distribution is horrible in this sets.
I just hope this series will continue as I want new Hagrid hut with new Norbert AND Fang.

I wouldn’t say it is horrible but we do get a lot of the same minigures which can be repetitive as we have got the Harry Ron combo in all but one set but then again we did get loads of cool exclusive mini figures so I guess your kind of right but kind off wrong at the same time.

Everybody should understand that most children (yes, they are targetted at children) only get one or two sets. If they put exclusive figures in every set, I wouldn't be fun for the kids/parents as they would need to buy multiple expensive sets to get the core characters. This way people can buy the cheap Aragog set and still have Harry + Ron.

I understand that they don't have exclusive prints, which they could have done, but they're already going all in on this theme so I guess that would keep the budget down. Especially if the face prints match the set. 

When it comes to exclusive prints, this range is already pretty good anyway. Last time around, the same HP in uniform torso was in just about every set and used for every kid.

973pb0744c01.jpg?1

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

I wouldn’t say it is horrible but we do get a lot of the same minigures which can be repetitive as we have got the Harry Ron combo in all but one set but then again we did get loads of cool exclusive mini figures so I guess your kind of right but kind off wrong at the same time.

It is a bummer that we get the same minifigs in this set, but it should be expected to get a lot of Harry Potter minifigs, as he is the title character.  It is just like the Lego Batman Movie sets, in which 20 of the 24 sets included Batman with only 4 variants (only facial expressions were different, the torso, legs and cowl were all the same).  In the end these are toys made for kids (granted there is a growing number of sets that are targeting AFOLs), and kids want a Batman, or a Harry when they are playing. 

As an AFOL these sets need to be appreciated for what they includes for builds and non Harry minifigs, and just accept the Harry minifig as an bonus piece that you get.

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Everybody should understand that most children (yes, they are targetted at children) only get one or two sets. If they put exclusive figures in every set, I wouldn't be fun for the kids/parents as they would need to buy multiple expensive sets to get the core characters. This way people can buy the cheap Aragog set and still have Harry + Ron.

I understand that they don't have exclusive prints, which they could have done, but they're already going all in on this theme so I guess that would keep the budget down. Especially if the face prints match the set. 

1 minute ago, RyanMe said:

It is a bummer that we get the same minifigs in this set, but it should be expected to get a lot of Harry Potter minifigs, as he is the title character.  It is just like the Lego Batman Movie sets, in which 20 of the 24 sets included Batman with only 4 variants (only facial expressions were different, the torso, legs and cowl were all the same).  In the end these are toys made for kids (granted there is a growing number of sets that are targeting AFOLs), and kids want a Batman, or a Harry when they are playing. 

As an AFOL these sets need to be appreciated for what they includes for builds and non Harry minifigs, and just accept the Harry minifig as an bonus piece that you get.

People seem to be misunderstanding, the issue isn’t that we get multiple Harry Potters and Ron Weasleys, it’s the fact that we get 2 of the EXACT same Harry and Ron’s, in 2 completely different sets and 1 of them is incredibly inaccurate, people are happy to be getting Harry & Ron, but give us Harry & Ron accurate to the film the set is based on

7 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

People seem to be misunderstanding, the issue isn’t that we get multiple Harry Potters and Ron Weasleys, it’s the fact that we get 2 of the EXACT same Harry and Ron’s, in 2 completely different sets and 1 of them is incredibly inaccurate, people are happy to be getting Harry & Ron, but give us Harry & Ron accurate to the film the set is based on

Lego are already doing loads of new prints for the series. The alternative may well be that they could have done another couple of prints for Harry and Ron, but something else would have been removed from one of these sets, or a couple of other characters removed or given existing generic prints.

4 minutes ago, MAB said:

Lego are already doing loads of new prints for the series. The alternative may well be that they could have done another couple of prints for Harry and Ron, but something else would have been removed from one of these sets, or a couple of other characters removed or given existing generic prints.

So be it, Harry is the main character, if no one else has accurate printing he should, why does Hermione get accurate printing but not Harry? We could easily sacrifice having Snape in one set for the price of 2 lots of new printing, hell, we could even lose the trolley witch, she easily could’ve been in a CMF which everyone is quick to point out gets a hell of a budget

50 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

...  we could even lose the trolley witch, she easily could’ve been in a CMF which everyone is quick to point out gets a hell of a budget

At the expense of another character in that line.

I don't think kids care too much what Harry is wearing in a particular scene, I don't think many compare it to the movie and decide they cannot play with it because he is in the wrong clothes for the same scene in the movie. I imagine most wouldn't even be able to tell you what the exact clothes were that he had on if you pick a scene at random, aside from school uniform, quidditch outfit, etc.

Since the express is the expensive set Harry and Ron should of had film 3 prints. 

The cheap set could have reused the ones from willow.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

Since the express is the expensive set Harry and Ron should of had film 3 prints. 

The cheap set could have reused the ones from willow.

Thank you @deskp, someone who see sense, that is my point, it’s a more expensive set so you should get more accurate minifigs

My 'issue' is there are 2 torsos from film 2 and zero from film 3.   (Harry and Ron)

Just now, deskp said:

My 'issue' is there are 2 torsos from film 2 and zero from film 3.   (Harry and Ron)

Exactly, we could have gotten 1 from 2 and 1 from 3, but nah

Maybe a leaky cauldron set later on along with a knight bus could remedy that... Still sucks for the time being, I agree.

Casual clothes variants are lame, But since they do them id want them to be as varied as possible.

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Harry is the main character, if no one else has accurate printing he should, why does Hermione get accurate printing but not Harry? 

I can't make sense of your logic here.Harry is in every set, if he always gets prioritised then the other minifigs will be dull, I'd rather a line of HP sets with great figs overall and a few inaccurate Harrys than a line with a new harry for every scene  but subpar figs for the others. I'm glad Hermione gets accurate printing here over Harry because they'll have more opportunities to make that Harry, and we'll end getting more Harry variants than Hermiones anyway. 

Edited by Agent Kallus

25 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Guys I can’t find the image anywhere? Can someone send it me please.  

I tried but I failed with the URL, try "lego leaks instagram aragog" on Google Image, it still the third image from here.

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I agree. The scale is odd and too similar to the size of the Mirkwood spiders for me, and Aragog is much bigger than them. A $20 set would have been better so they could give him the Shelob treatment. 

Or even a £40 set.

Aragog is smaller than shelob by a good margin, but yeh. More pieces for lengthier legs could have solved this issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CMF includes the POA Harry, Ron & Hermione.

Makes up for the ones in the Hogwarts Express set and could give us Hermione in the pink jacket. 

2 minutes ago, SandMirror38 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the CMF includes the POA Harry, Ron & Hermione.

Makes up for the ones in the Hogwarts Express set and could give us Hermione in the pink jacket. 

It would be a good way to get Crookshanks too

And we are still missing the Ravenclaw torso.

Watch it being exclusive to the D2C Hogwarts Castle 

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

And we are still missing the Ravenclaw torso.

Watch it being exclusive to the D2C Hogwarts Castle 

I imagine that down the line it will be featured in sets with characters like Luna