Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really like this set. No exclusive minifigures, but if someone doesn't have much money, it's a good deal. Aragog is great, cool techniques for eyes and mouth. Forest build is really cool. I love this cool transparent piece with web printing. Plus, we get 5 spiders :wub: 

Probably more, with lego's habbit lf inclusing spairs.

I agree with most others here about the Aragog set. It's a good little set for what it is, and a nice entry point to the theme.

That said, I personally won't get it because I'll be getting my Rons and Harrys in the two Castle sets revealed so far, but I absolutely don't fault a set that does it's thing perfectly and still doesn't give me any reason to need it. Not every set out there needs exclusive figures, especially when we're talking about drastically different price points.

2 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Probably more, with lego's habbit lf inclusing spairs.

Spiders aren’t pieces that we usually get spares of. Spare pieces are usually small and very common. 

I really like that Aragog set! That one (along with Quidditch Match) is going to be the first set I get, for reasons I mentioned earlier, so I'm glad it came out looking good! That head construction in particular looks interesting, and I always love getting little trees to add to the forest.

You know, I was about to update the first post with the Aragog set, then I remembered it is a leak hahahaha That was close :look:

I almost wish they had made the forest scene from the first film instead  So we would get Harry, Draco, the cloaked figure, a new unicorn mold (horse body + new unicorn head) and Firenze, the centaur.

Aragog looks nice, but he could have been included in the Briefcase set instead.

This set feels almost redundant, because the scene has been made before and the minifigures are not exclusive.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I almost wish they had made the forest scene from the first film instead  So we would get Harry, Draco, the cloaked figure, a new unicorn mold (horse body + new unicorn head) and Firenze, the centaur.

I absolutely agree with you there. I still stand by my previous sentiment that the set is nice both for what it is and for the target market, but as an adult and someone who has been getting HP Lego since 2001 I do wish they'd based the set off of the scene from the first film and included a centaur. It would've been a lot more expensive, though.

LEGO must really like the Aragog scene given that this is the third Aragog they've made over the years.

Aragog set is nice, it's good not having an expensive set in this wave. I feel and hope this will be popular with kids at how it's the least expensive set. Aragog build is the best we have gotten by far, so good job there, maybe even best Lego spider build ever. The side build is a side build, good but not great. Minifigures are great if your not getting the more experience sets. Before I saw pictures of the wave I was planning on only getting this as the others sounded too expensive for places I cared little about, but after pictures that has changed. Probably won't get this one for myself. So far I'm definitely planning on getting the Quidditch set, maybe Great Hall or Whomping Willow (leaning towards Great Hall), and depending on how it looks maybe the D2C Hogwarts. So far this has been a fantastic theme though, best of 2018 by far.

If y'all don't mind me jumping in, I think the Aragog set is awesome considering every other set is over 40 USD. Speaking for my sibilings who love Harry Potter and Lego, this is a set they may actually buy. Personally, I'm dying to see the CMF series Sirius Black, but the Great Hall/Whomping Willow looks like a set I may buy. 

Edited by Andrew Spader

Where did you guys see aragog set? I was searching for #legoleaks on instagram and can't find it.

Edited by cebelicamya
Nevermind found one picture. Is it a picture of instructions?

13 minutes ago, cebelicamya said:

Where did you guys see aragog set? I was searching for #legoleaks on instagram and can't find it.

It got taken down, I'm not sure why. Sorry, but I didn't save the picture, so I can't help you see it. Still, it should be up again sooner or later.

The Aragog set is cute and all, but I understand why people feel that it is redundant. I'm undecided; the duplicate minifigures bug me, but the torsos and wigs would be good for customs. (Harry's new hair is awesome, even though I wish they'd just pick a style and stick with it.) I guess I'll see if I have enough budget left over later in the year, and if there's enough room in my fantasy diorama for Aragog. 

What confuses me is; why wait so long to let us see it? It's not like it's anything special, why not just reveal it with the other Harry Potter sets?

It's still on Discord though. In other news the sorting hat mould looks fantastic!

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I think the Aragog set could have benefitted from being a little bigger. Too small to capture the scale of him in the films.

I agree. The scale is odd and too similar to the size of the Mirkwood spiders for me, and Aragog is much bigger than them. A $20 set would have been better so they could give him the Shelob treatment. 

not really a leak, but it is Harry Potter related, just got my Newt, Tina and Voldemort from the Dimensions packs that I ordered from BL and ngl, I'm very impressed with Tina, I was expecting her hair/hat combo piece to be a soft rubber like Bofur's from the Hobbit sets, but it's actually hard plastic, and the look of Newt gives me high hopes for the future of the FB sets

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I agree. The scale is odd and too similar to the size of the Mirkwood spiders for me, and Aragog is much bigger than them. A $20 set would have been better so they could give him the Shelob treatment. 

This is a $20 set isn't it?

OK, that would be a bit better. The Shelob set was £20, but was readily available for £10 in UK.

Although the $14.99/£10.99 split doesn't seem right. £12.99 would make more sense - that is what the SW battle packs are this year ($14.99 / £12.99).

Just now, MAB said:

OK, that would be a bit better. The Shelob set was £20, but was readily available for £10 in UK.

Although the $14.99/£10.99 split doesn't seem right. £12.99 would make more sense - that is what the SW battle packs are this year ($14.99 / £12.99).

fair enough, I was just stating what I was told on Discord, I'm not good with currency conversions when it comes to items like Lego

Overval the characters distribution is horrible in this sets.
I just hope this series will continue as I want new Hagrid hut with new Norbert AND Fang.

45 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I just hope this series will continue as I want new Hagrid hut with new Norbert AND Fang.

I really disagree, all the sets have a great selection of Minifigures.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Whilst it is shot in the film to make it look like Aragog look much bigger, the actual prop is about the size of the one in this set compared to a person, having seen it at the studio tour last year.

also in HBP, the dead Aragog is about this size too.

9 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

LEGO must really like the Aragog scene given that this is the third Aragog they've made over the years.

It is probably the kids that like spiders and we need kids to buy a lot of HP/FB sets so they can justify making future waves :wink:

7 hours ago, Andrew Spader said:

I'm dying to see the CMF series Sirius Black

Not so sure he is coming in this series. Well it could be, so far we do not know :wacko:

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

It got taken down, I'm not sure why.

Strange that that picture gets removed, but not the Voldemort fig (another hint that it is fake?)

People that are unhappy with this set because of how the minifigs look; remember that this is the set they are suppose to look this way! It is actually the Hogwarts express set that have taken figs from this set not the other way around, we just happened to see this set last by chance, so save that criticism for the HE set :tongue: They used up the budget, probably why they did not include Fang in this set also, well for next wave they have already made the 1 priority parts so they can use the budget on Fang and similar parts :grin:

Aragog set is brilliant!

Loads of the new spider mold as well ontop of the single best giant spider build I've ever seen.

Might buy two.

It's funny but I never realized Aragog was so small. As a kid watching the second film in theatres he seemed gigantic.

Edited by Forresto

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

You know, I was about to update the first post with the Aragog set, then I remembered it is a leak hahahaha That was close :look:

And Fang!! :cry_happy:

1 hour ago, Lordofdragonss said:

you gotta be joking right?

in terms of minifigures per set this is what LEGO should do in EVERY license(looks at Marvel & DC Sets) they have.

grand hall for 100€ and have 10 ... FREAKIN TEN minifigures for only a 100€!

Whomping Willow Tree and Hogwards Express has 6 each