Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Roebuck said:

OK fine, but I think it is pushing it to name that little rattlesnake Nagini, it is almost the same as calling the little spider in the set Aragog :tongue:

The difference is, Lego stated that the snake was Nagini, they never said that the little spider is Aragog, but I do get your point, its a bit of a random snake to be Nagini ?

That snake was pure laziness on Lego's part. Plain and simple.

I thought the 2010 sets were full of laziness actually. I mean Dumbledore's dated beard and hair piece spring to mind...

Just now, LegoAndDisney said:

I thought the 2010 sets were full of laziness actually. I mean Dumbledore's dated beard and hair piece spring to mind...

Definitely, at least they seem to be redeeming themselves now

Yeah they do; lots of fresh pieces to add to our lego collections.

I hope the new Hogwarts D2C lives up the hype though; I may be in the minority here, but I'm secretly hoping they don't all connect. If there's one thing that irritates me about Castle-type sets it's the fact that there's hardly ever any room to display figs in them. I remember getting the Battle of Hogwarts set in 2011 and one room that was meant to be the "Defence against the Dark Arts " classroom; I swear down you couldn't even swing Mrs Norris around in there, it's that small. I know creating a life-size set is out the question, but something similar to the Orthanc would be great. At least it has rooms. But if the Great hall is anything to go off, it's likely the D2C will be connectable to that.

If the great hall and Whomping Willow are anything to go by then there’ll be plenty of room to display minifigures in it 

I don't see it that way, I think the teachers table is barely enough for three minifigures. I kinda wanted to display all the teachers on that table rather than just three.

Edited by LegoAndDisney

21 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I don't see it that way, I think the teachers table is barely enough for three minifigures. I kinda wanted to display all the teachers on that table rather than just three.

The thing is, it’s perfect for the amount of figures in the set, it wouldn’t take much to modify it to fit every teacher on the bench

4 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I'm gonna build a Harry army - Voldemort won't know what's hit him!!

Well last time they did that Moody and Hedwig died so...:laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, LegoAndDisney said:

From my point of view its more preliminary version of it. Final one will definitelly have some printing. Also hope for darker robe (possibly blac) for Voldemort. This dark green just doesent seems right. 

3 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

From my point of view its more preliminary version of it. Final one will definitelly have some printing. Also hope for darker robe (possibly blac) for Voldemort. This dark green just doesent seems right. 

That was referring to the old standard snake being used for Nagini, not the new mold we just saw.

I really hope in the D2C Hogwarts we get a chamber of secrets with a proper basilisk and Lockhart and Tom Riddle.

2 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

I really hope in the D2C Hogwarts we get a chamber of secrets with a proper basilisk and Lockhart and Tom Riddle.

Tom Riddle and Lockhart I could see us getting but I think the Basilisk is pretty final unless they give it a set on its own

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

OK fine, but I think it is pushing it to name that little rattlesnake Nagini, it is almost the same as calling the little spider in the set Aragog :tongue:

Isn't it worse? :P

Foir what it's worth, nah, I don't believe that the CMF figure is real, if only to jump off of the odd width of the right hand; it's possible that it's a "reject" or a mis-mold, but I wouldn't bet on it. We'll need to wait and see.

22 minutes ago, Azani said:

Isn't it worse? :P

Foir what it's worth, nah, I don't believe that the CMF figure is real, if only to jump off of the odd width of the right hand; it's possible that it's a "reject" or a mis-mold, but I wouldn't bet on it. We'll need to wait and see.

The right hand seems perfectly normal to me, it's just inverted so that its upper part faces the torso and the lower looks outwards. The strange width is due to the angle I presume.

5 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

is there anyone able to confirm what type of capes come with the Quidditch set?

In the picture ir is obviously the thicker flowing (Better) one, they could have got it werong in the photo but I doubt it.

75956-1.jpg?201805160504

Also that Voldemort is faker than lepin. (don't quote me on this though)

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

In the picture ir is obviously the thicker flowing (Better) one, they could have got it werong in the photo but I doubt it.

75956-1.jpg?201805160504

oh yeah, I probably should have put that I got it confirmed by a leaker which capes it is they're using :D

46 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do you know something or just opinion from looking at image?

Is it one of them transparent stickers?  -_-

Edited by deskp

I just did a google image search for "Lego 75956" and pictures were in the first couple of pictures.

This Voldemort, I think, is fake. His head and robes are cool, but I think he's using old leg-dress piece, also, the quality of thie fig in this picture doesn't look Lego-ish (not prints but pieces). 

Nagini doesn't look like Lego. It looks like a "half a dollar" toy, and colors aren't accurate too.

6 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I just did a google image search for "Lego 75956" and pictures were in the first couple of pictures.

Oh, you're right. There was an image in a really low quality on Instagram, and hgere were no box art images anywhere on Instagram too.

32 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

where has it been leaked?

https://candidbricks.com/2018/05/17/harry-potter-sets-revealed-75953-whomping-willow-75955-hogwarts-express-and-75956-quidditch/

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

His head and robes are cool, but I think he's using old leg-dress piece

How can you tell? There's really no way to know given the current picture.