Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

What makes me most suspicious is the hand of voldemort, it do not look to have a smooth surface on the edge..

6 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

Something about this figure tells me that is not official. Look at the right hand, it looks kinda unfinished.

He's holding a second wand backwards. It looks like it's a new mold but I'm not sure.

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m expecting the D2C to have 8-10 figures with the only exclusives being staff like Flitwick, Sprout, and Trelawney, and maybe new outfits for characters like Dumbledore and McGonagall. 

It's possible that there will be Dumbledore with cloak.

Voldemort looks fake or it must be a very early prototype. His hand looks unfinished, nagini has the wrong colour and most importantly, it looks like voldemort is using the old skirt piece instead of the new curved piece.

17 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

Voldemort looks fake or it must be a very early prototype. His hand looks unfinished, nagini has the wrong colour and most importantly, it looks like voldemort is using the old skirt piece instead of the new curved piece.

possible that he is in production

Well it's a new design torso and skirt print so someone would have gone to a lot of trouble just for that. His right hand is angled inwards so looks complete to me. Wand looks to be white version of the new mould which I don't think anybody else has. So lots of things there that are quite elaborate for a hoax.

Voldemort looks fantasatic. As does Nagini!

Although it's a shame they aren't saving some minifigures for later sets; like I'd have expected Voldemort in an updated Graveyard Duel set in a second wave? If they're shoving all the characters out now, it makes me doubtful of future waves as it seems Lego is covering their backs now by getting all major sets/characters out there whilst they can.

It could be a prototype like this one

File:Nnfghjg.jpg

which was never released. That would also explain why Nagini's color is off

It is a little suspicious with the flashing on that hand.  It could be a reject. 

Its also the case that CMF is made cheaper than most minifigures giving the plastic more transparency.

I hope its really, unless a real one is actually better :P

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I especially find the lack of capes disturbing: at least Snape and Dumbly should have gotten some - not to mention the kids, for which the black coats were always used in 1-2

These are leaks. Figures put together from new parts and photographed by the leaker. Leaks often miss off pieces like capes.

2 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

How do you know it is not the one with the curved back? Like the Moloch / Barriss Offee ones in SW.

9 minutes ago, MAB said:

These are leaks. Figures put together from new parts and photographed by the leaker. Leaks often miss off pieces like capes.

Official photos does not have capes either.

But with lego's new thick capes, figures look better without.   At Least cmf still use the thin ones I believe?

The black coat/robes will be a unique print later on. Similar to quidditch robes.

Nagini color isn't really wrong. Lots of Nagini merchandise use a tan color. And the prop on display at studio tour is pretty tan too.

Its one of those things where it seem they haven't settled on an official color, so everyone does it a bit different. 

So I don't think the lego snake should be considered unfinished cause of its color.

prop

Toy

Edited by deskp

34 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Although it's a shame they aren't saving some minifigures for later sets; like I'd have expected Voldemort in an updated Graveyard Duel set in a second wave? If they're shoving all the characters out now, it makes me doubtful of future waves as it seems Lego is covering their backs now by getting all major sets/characters out there whilst they can.

The answer is simple. They just include him in that set too. Popular / important characters appear again and again in sets. For example, out of the 12 boxed retail sets for LOTR, the same Gimli minifigure appeared in four of them, Aragorn in three with another variant in a fourth.

Prepare yourself for a lot of Harrys.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The answer is simple. They just include him in that set too. Popular / important characters appear again and again in sets. For example, out of the 12 boxed retail sets for LOTR, the same Gimli minifigure appeared in four of them, Aragorn in three with another variant in a fourth.

Prepare yourself for a lot of Harrys.

I'm gonna build a Harry army - Voldemort won't know what's hit him!!

Did we have a set release date for the final reveal/release of 75951 & 75952 I'm aware that we saw a photo/direct press release for 75951, but I don't remember hearing if the release date for both is August 1 like 75950, 75953-7596, etc.

Some toys for Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald, including the Brickheadz, will be released on November 1 with a hard street date; I am not sure if 75952 is like that or not. Maybe @Sir von Lego would know; that said, he's certainly free to just ignore this if he's busy/would rather not say.

27 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I'm gonna build a Harry army - Voldemort won't know what's hit him!!

I guess that depends on how many Voldemorts we get. :-)

3 hours ago, deskp said:

Official photos does not have capes either.

But with lego's new thick capes, figures look better without.   At Least cmf still use the thin ones I believe?

The black coat/robes will be a unique print later on. Similar to quidditch robes.

Nagini color isn't really wrong. Lots of Nagini merchandise use a tan color. And the prop on display at studio tour is pretty tan too.

Its one of those things where it seem they haven't settled on an official color, so everyone does it a bit different. 

So I don't think the lego snake should be considered unfinished cause of its color.

prop

Toy

Yes,  but LEGO products are based on the movie, not other merchandise. Let alone props

And Nagini in the movie is far from tan. It's dark green. 

Heck, in the 2010 set Nagini was green, right? 

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Yes,  but LEGO products are based on the movie, not other merchandise. Let alone props

I bet you the design team went on a field trip to the studio tour.

2010 snake was just the typical color lego made that in.

HP7_MPC_naginiattacks3.JPG

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is this a Han's coat is blue / brown type problem? It depends on the lighting and perception.

Olive green would have been nice. But I'm just glad it is not the normal green.

I think the green robes are an interesting second attempt. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with black and green details again like the last prototype/release Voldemort contrast. Finally giving him a robe is great, though, and the face is nice. The molding is shoddy, but I believe it's at least a real prototype. 

It looks real to me, and looks really good too. But yeah, would not be surprised to find that this is an unfinished prototype given Nagini's colour and the lack of a printed base. Unique bases seem to be a thing for CMF now so I expect that this series will have it's own special bases, possibly with the Wizarding World symbol or the glasses and scar symbol. 

50 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

43 minutes ago, deskp said:

2010 snake was just the typical color lego made that in.

What are you two talking about, we did not have any Nagini in any of the 2010 sets?! *huh*

The odd thing is not that the snake is tan or green, but that is have no pattern printed on the body :sceptic:

This must be either be a fake or a prototype! If it is real why have it leaked this early? Is someone paying the factory workers for leaks, I doubt they would risk their job for "likes" :wacko:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

What are you two talking about, we did not have any Nagini in any of the 2010 sets?! *huh*

The odd thing is not that the snake is tan or green, but that is have no pattern printed on the body :sceptic:

This must be either be a fake or a prototype! If it is real why have it leaked this early? Is someone paying the factory workers for leaks, I doubt they would risk their job for "likes" :wacko:

Nagini came in 3 sets

4766 Graveyard Duel

4865 Forbidden Forest

and

4867 Hogwarts

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Definitely there, for example ...

4865-1.png

It's just like 2 months and a week till the cmf release. it's not super early for leaks.

OK fine, but I think it is pushing it to name that little rattlesnake Nagini, it is almost the same as calling the little spider in the set Aragog :tongue: