Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

From where?

Exactly. I think if the DC2 will be released on december it could be as well Hogsmeade (hope not)

Just now, Tobiasz said:

Exactly. I think if the DC2 will be released on december it could be as well Hogsmeade (hope not)

I don’t see it being anything other than Hogwarts or Diagon Alley, not for the first D2C anyway

16 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

That’s true, if it is all parts that connect together it’ll end up being a nearly $800 set if the D2C is $600 and then the 2 sets coming in August are $99.99 and $69.99

It's more likely the D2C is unrelated to Hogwarts. Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade perhaps.

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It's more likely the D2C is unrelated to Hogwarts. Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade perhaps.

I doubt Hogsmeade for the first D2C however I could see it being Diagon Alley ?

3 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I doubt Hogsmeade for the first D2C however I could see it being Diagon Alley ?

Diagon Alley is probably more likely I agree. It's the iconic Harry Potter street. 

3 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Diagon Alley is probably more likely I agree. It's the iconic Harry Potter street. 

Yeah, especially in the first 2 with Ollivander’s and Gringotts for year 1 and the book shop with Lockhart for year 2

who would like paying 600 dollars for a street?

Who would like to put 600 dollars in a lego set if this set is not a iconic place?

If 600 dollars, then it is a iconic place and there a just one famous place in HP : the Hogwarts castle.

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

Who would like to put 600 dollars in a lego set if this set is not a iconic place?

If 600 dollars, then it is a iconic place and there a just one famous place in HP : the Hogwarts castle.

You are kidding right? Diagon Alley is just as iconic as Hogwarts, and bearing in mind the Lego buildings like the palace cinema are like $200 each, so $600 for a VERY iconic “street” as you put it, is not expensive at all

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

Who would like paying 600 in whatever currency for a LEGO set (yet LEGO release these sets anyway)?

Diagon Alley is hugely iconic.

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

You are kidding right? Diagon Alley is just as iconic as Hogwarts, and bearing in mind the Lego buildings like the palace cinema are like $200 each, so $600 for a VERY iconic “street” as you put it, is not expensive at all

600 dollars for a set. This is unique with lego except the millenium falcon. Lego will not do a street for one of the most set ever done?

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

600 dollars for a set. This is unique with lego except the millenium falcon. Lego will not do a street for one of the most set ever done?

As I’ve said, $600 for 3 potential buildings is not expensive, it’s also not incredibly unlikely

It would feel abit weird if both the 1st and 2nd d2cs from HP were both diagon alley.

Just now, deskp said:

It would feel abit weird if both the 1st and 2nd d2cs from HP were both diagon alley.

True, but still not 100% not gonna happen, although if it’s not Hogwarts I’ll be really disappointed

it's very safe to assume the set will be Hogwarts castle . All rumors are linked towards Hogwarts - about half of the rumors may have been fake, but certainly not all. There have been no rumors at all about Diagon Alley so far.

Plus: all other sets are very safe bets for TLG: if the line goes well, they're surely planning D2C Hogwarts Express, Diagon Alley - maybe even chamber of secrets or Ministry :wink:

Still - even for 600$ it maybe the most challenging project ever to release a Hogwarts castle set. I really want to time travel & see Jang's review of it..

Just now, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Plus: all other sets are very safe bets for TLG: if the line goes well, they're surely planning D2C Hogwarts Express, Diagon Alley - maybe even chamber of secrets or Ministry :wink:

Why would we get a D2C Express when we’re already getting one non-D2C that would not be clever of TLG, but Diagon Alley yeah, possibly next D2C

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

Why would we get a D2C Express when we’re already getting one non-D2C that would not be clever of TLG, but Diagon Alley yeah, possibly next D2C

not this year, but if all goes well, in like 2 years ;)

the most challenging move would be to give us a D2C Hogwarts this year and next year a chamber of secrets with mountain terrain, to put Hogwarts on top of it (like Jabbas palace combined with the rancor pit). A year later we could get the Express & several GoF sets including stuff from the forrest as well as Hagrid's hut.

Will never happen but would cover everything :wub:

1 minute ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

not this year, but if all goes well, in like 2 years ;)

the most challenging move would be to give us a D2C Hogwarts this year and next year a chamber of secrets with mountain terrain, to put Hogwarts on top of it (like Jabbas palace combined with the rancor pit). A year later we could get the Express & several GoF sets including stuff from the forrest as well as Hagrid's hut.

Will never happen but would cover everything :wub:

Everything aside from the train is realistic, I could imagine ya getting a set with rocky scenery to put the castle on top of, but I don’t see us getting 2 trains in the new-line theme

I had said these sets looked too basic because somewhere in my mind I remembered the 2010 sets as better, but oh boy I was wrong. So many characters and improved sets, it just seems that we can finally get a huge HP world in just a year. And that toys r us exclusive got me excited. Plus how many minifigures are left to reveal? The 22 from CMFs and maybe like 15 from the D2C?? Holy shizz! I will either buy everything or nothing ha ha.

Just now, Otherworld said:

I had said these sets looked too basic because somewhere in my mind I remembered the 2010 sets as better, but oh boy I was wrong. So many characters and improved sets, it just seems that we can finally get a huge HP world in just a year. And that toys r us exclusive got me excited. Plus how many minifigures are left to reveal? The 22 from CMFs and maybe like 15 from the D2C?? Holy shizz! I will either buy everything or nothing ha ha.

There’s also more than likely a couple from FB (Queenie and Jacob hopefully)

Edited by harleydavid98

Regular sets from this wave are amazing but we have to think in terms of scale. Now both Hogwarts Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets are just like Cinderella's Castle from the Lego Disney Princesses line, a cheapest and simpler version of the D2C Disney Castle. So I still think that we are going to get the classic silhouette castle on rocks much more detailed.

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

As I’ve said, $600 for 3 potential buildings is not expensive, it’s also not incredibly unlikely

Diagon Alley doesn't need to be done to modular standards. If they make it $600 they won't sell many at all. These need to be playsets - essentially facades of doll houses with little depth so fingers can get inside easily. They could release a set similar to the last Diagon Alley for less than half the cost of three modulars. There would be just as much playability (if not more) than three modulars. If AFOLs want modular standards, they could easily take the facades and convert them into full buildings.

3 minutes ago, MAB said:

Diagon Alley doesn't need to be done to modular standards. If they make it $600 they won't sell many at all. These need to be playsets - essentially facades of doll houses with little depth so fingers can get inside easily. They could release a set similar to the last Diagon Alley for less than half the cost of three modulars. There would be just as much playability (if not more) than three modulars. If AFOLs want modular standards, they could easily take the facades and convert them into full buildings.

You’re right, they don’t need to, but if they do then so what? I’d happily pay £600 for 3 modular style buildings, they’d sell just as many as they would the Hogwarts set because of nostalgia for adults, it would be much better as a D2C than as a normal play set because of the greater scale of detail they could have, I’d love to have a non-playset Diagon Alley because of that reason

Edited by harleydavid98

Diagon Alley? Oh I seriously hope not. I would rather have Hogwarts with classrooms like defense against the dark arts, probably more accurate dorms and their respective areas, iconic scenes from the first movie, the moving stairways, the bridge etc. 

Just now, Otherworld said:

Diagon Alley? Oh I seriously hope not. I would rather have Hogwarts with classrooms like defense against the dark arts, probably more accurate dorms and their respective areas, iconic scenes from the first movie, the moving stairways, the bridge etc. 

If they do the moving staircase they have to have Fluffy and the forbidden corridor