Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

We can all agree that the prominent exterior buildings being: Great Hall, Grand Staircase, Clock Tower, Astronomy Tower (and a few others)

The set of Hogwarts from 2010 is a great set. I realize now that I enjoy what the Whomping Willow set is doing that the 2010 never did: they are giving attention to the smaller buildings. The "fill-in" or "in-between" towers and buildings I think are the best words to call it.

Take this picture for instance:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8d/a1/54/8da15419c888a872cff0ace5618a5279.jpg

Nestled between the clock tower and the grand staircase tower, there is a shorter building. If they continue to make in-between towers, our Hogwarts lego set will feel very complete. (and so far with the two sets, it has a very strong silhouette) 

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

There’s absolutely no evidence to suggest we should ignore them. The D2C is more than likely gonna be able to connect. How are Lego going to market a D2C which just recreate something they already released a few months earlier.

think Assault on Hoth; if you want the whole battle, you need to buy an AT-AT separately.

Too argue the flips side of the coin here, a lot of people disliked Assault on Hoth for that reason. Ideally a D2C set should be able to look impressive and eye catching on its own, without having to rely on other sets to make it look good. 

42 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I just want pictures or a description of the D2C Hogwarts to leak so the debate can end.

I think you are in for a few rough months :tongue:
We have just gotten some new set revealed, but we are still missing several sets.. Then after they leak there is the CMF next in line probably some time after the sets.. A long time after that the D2C may leak a couple of days before it is in the shops (if we are unlucky)

23 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So is there any evidence of what we are going to get included in the D2C or is everyone still just guessing?

Most likely just guessing..

35 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So is there any evidence of what we are going to get included in the D2C or is everyone still just guessing?

Leakers who said: whomping willow, great hall... had right. And said too d2c hogwarts castle.

So i believe in this rumor

11 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Looks like you get 4 Wands with the Grindelwald Escapes set, not sure if you get extra with the bigger sets

Considering each wand colour comes as a pair one can do the math with what you get extra.

9 minutes ago, deskp said:

Considering each wand colour comes as a pair one can do the math with what you get extra.

you'd think wouldn't you, but I've had it before where each thing that came in a pair came multiple times even though you only needed 2 of said item

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

leak of double face of newt and tiny

on Instagram? Never mind, found it

Edited by harleydavid98

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

yes dim

yep, got them, they look pretty cool tbh, still tempted to buy the Dimensions packs seen as they look completely different

12 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

She’s a very important part, but if she was in a CMF then she’d be with Filch which would mean 2 Filch’s but what variant could we get? I see it being more likely that we don’t get her unfortunately

Why? There are no such rules in the CMF series. They could easily put Mrs Norris in the CMF series without duplicating Filch.

They'd never do, for example, Buzz without Woody, would they ...?

So for the second set of FB, we would have Tiny, Newt and sniffler.

Just now, Roebuck said:

No way it is only those two in such a big set right?! :wacko:

no chance, unless there's one we're missing, if we don't get Queenie and Jacob then that is one hell of a let down of a set, I mean we get 1 with Seraphina and Grindelwald, but we don't get Jacob and Queenie? I don't see that happening

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

no chance, unless there's one we're missing, if we don't get Queenie and Jacob then that is one hell of a let down of a set, I mean we get 1 with Seraphina and Grindelwald, but we don't get Jacob and Queenie? I don't see that happening

i am pretty sur we will have all of them in this set. 

Just now, MAB said:

Why? There are no such rules in the CMF series. They could easily put Mrs Norris in the CMF series without duplicating Filch.

They'd never do, for example, Buzz without Woody, would they ...?

what are you on about? Mrs Norris isn't a figure, she's at best an accessory for a figure, Mrs Norris would only come with Filch, they wouldn't put her in a CMF on her own, Buzz and Woody are 2 FIGURES so that is like the worst comparison I have ever heard, it'd be better to say they'd never do Hagrid without Fang, no we haven't got Fang, but we certainly won't get him in a CMF on his own, even that's not a great comparison because Fang  you could get with Harry or Ron from Year 2, but Mrs Norris is only ever with Filch, like @deskp said we could get the brown clothed Filch

i am pretty sur we will have all of them in this set. 

I sure hope so, get Newt and Tina without Queenie and Jacob is like getting Harry without Ron and Hermione

Has anyone here thought of repurposing the new Golden Snitch piece as an hood ornament for a Creator Expert scaled automobile MOC? :shrug_oh_well:

41254290165_fa8e394cfe.jpg

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

yep, got them, they look pretty cool tbh, still tempted to buy the Dimensions packs seen as they look completely different

That's what I did, bought all the Dimensions HP and FB, and I'm going to give the figs the spare new wands we'll get. The old wand will look outdated and clumsy when displayed alongside the new ones. :laugh:

Just now, cocabottle said:

That's what I did, bought all the Dimensions HP and FB, and I'm going to give the figs the spare new wands we'll get. The old wand will look outdated and clumsy when displayed alongside the new ones. :laugh:

True that, I won’t get the HP ones because the characters in them don’t look as good imo, but I’m definitely getting the FB ones because they’re unique variations that I doubt we’ll get from sets

Do you reckon that the Dimensions packs are worth getting without actually having Dimensions to play them on?

We don’t need a Filch variant to get Mrs. Norris in the CMF. These sets are primarily based on movies 1-2, so they could do a petrified Hermione variant in the CMF that also includes Mrs. Norris since she was the first to get petrified. 

Maybe we'll get Mrs Norris in the D2C, they could even include the corridor where she was petrified, complete with the message

Some great hall modding and additions i've made:

movie 8 influenced below, more classic version here. Some parts will obviously be replaced by the new cone slopes etc.

2ccqky1.png

24 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We don’t need a Filch variant to get Mrs. Norris in the CMF. These sets are primarily based on movies 1-2, so they could do a petrified Hermione variant in the CMF that also includes Mrs. Norris since she was the first to get petrified. 

Exactly, she could go with many characters if they wanted to get her in somehow. Others could be Sprout, a suit of armour, ...

Will there be new threads to discuss the actual sets? Now this one has become mainly a list of wishlists, rather than rumours.

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

Some great hall modding and additions i've made:

movie 8 influenced below, more classic version here. Some parts will obviously be replaced by the new cone slopes etc.

2ccqky1.png

That looks pretty good, I love the small things you’ve edited, they really make the model look so much better