Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Unless it's not a minifigure set, it would make a lot of sense for the D2C to be compatible with the other Hogwarts sections. It could be like the Disney Castle or Tower of Orthanc; a huge structure with a lot going on that is still minifigure-oriented and fits in with the other sets. For it to just be a big set covering stuff from the other sets would be a little odd, because even at that price, they wouldn't be able to represent all of those landmarks in one model. 

Just now, 8BrickMario said:

Unless it's not a minifigure set, it would make a lot of sense for the D2C to be compatible with the other Hogwarts sections. It could be like the Disney Castle or Tower of Orthanc; a huge structure with a lot going on that is still minifigure-oriented and fits in with the other sets. For it to just be a big set covering stuff from the other sets would be a little odd, because even at that price, they wouldn't be able to represent all of those landmarks in one model. 

I’d love for a Hogwarts with the level of detail of Tower of Orthanc, what if the smaller sets (including those next wave, they might be this far in advance) create a circular set and the D2C is a centre piece that fits in the middle, looking at the Hogwarts Castle set piece at the London Studio Tour that would be fairly easy to do

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

How come miss noris is not included with the womping willow set?

That’s actually a very good question, she’s kind of an important part of that scene giving Filch his creepiness as he stands there holding Mrs Norris

11 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

That’s actually a very good question, she’s kind of an important part of that scene giving Filch his creepiness as he stands there holding Mrs Norris

And she plays a part in the plot of the chamber of secrets. Maybe they are keeping her for the cmf?

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

And she plays a part in the plot of the chamber of secrets. Maybe they are keeping her for the cmf?

She’s a very important part, but if she was in a CMF then she’d be with Filch which would mean 2 Filch’s but what variant could we get? I see it being more likely that we don’t get her unfortunately

13 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I agree, it also makes me wonder if a Fang would happen, since he's way less important to the plot then Mrs Norris.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I agree, it also makes me wonder if a Fang would happen, since he's way less important to the plot then Mrs Norris.

As much as I hate to admit it because yanoe dogs are much better than cats imo, we are less likely to get Fang that Mrs Norris, but at the same time, we haven’t had confirmation that Fang isn’t in the Aragog set, so there’s still a possibility that we’ll get Fang, but Mrs Norris seems to not be included at all unfortunately, I’d say Fang is less important to the story but more important to Harry and Ron because as much of a “bloody coward” he is in Hagrid’s own words, he gives Harry and Ron the courage they need, at least in the book he does, I cannot for the life of me remember if he’s with them in the film, not seen it in a few months

7 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

She’s a very important part, but if she was in a CMF then she’d be with Filch which would mean 2 Filch’s but what variant could we get? I see it being more likely that we don’t get her unfortunately

Brown version from movie 1 and 2.

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

Brown version from movie 1 and 2.

Brown version? I always thought Filch was white ?, but in all seriousness, what do you mean brown version from movie 1 and 2? I thought the Filch we’re getting is based on 1&2, I reckon it could be a trench coat design print for him because he tends to wear that a lot

3 hours ago, Tobiasz said:

I find a picture of Hogwarts like that

and I think that the D2C Hogwarts could be a some  part of castle like on the right of the picture connected with already known sets - Hogwarts Great Hall and Whomping Willow which could be the middle part of the castle on the picture  as I pointed that. What do you think about that???

Gosh I hope not.

16 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

The exact same fig only with his "You murdered my cat" face

3 hours ago, deskp said:

You should kind of ignore the normal sets when ur theorising about d2c hogwarts.

There’s absolutely no evidence to suggest we should ignore them. The D2C is more than likely gonna be able to connect. How are Lego going to market a D2C which just recreate something they already released a few months earlier.

think Assault on Hoth; if you want the whole battle, you need to buy an AT-AT separately.

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Filming wrapped end of last year, critics and early film viewers tend to get to see the first draft of the film a few months before it comes out, I know a few people (not personally) that got to see the 2nd Sherlock Holmes quite a few months early for purposes of reviews, there are critic reviews for the film, you just have to find them, it’s not particularly hard

With this film, no, there have not been any critic screenings, and won’t be until October at the very earliest. It’s still being edited. Fan reaction to the first film was not amazing, it wasn’t bad, but not anything like any of the previous 8 films.

Edited by Whovastron

I don’t know if this has been said before but in the great hall, the Phoenix is indeed included you can see it in some of the videos shot at that event yesterday. You also get two additional mirrors for Ron and quirrel. In the whomping willow, there is a cool Easter egg land with the printed how to do the wingardium leviosa tile   

The Great Hall is not big enough to connect to a $600 Hogwarts D2C. The Hall and the adjoining tower should be the biggest parts of the castle and unless everything in the D2C is the same size and has the same level of detail as the normal sets it won’t work together. Forcing the D2C to connect to the existing regular retail sets would stunt the size in my opinion. They should just make a complete Hogwarts as the D2C and the retail sets can contain sections to connect to each other for those who can’t afford the large set. Dedicating $200 of the budget to the Hall and tower in the D2C would work best. 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Great Hall is not big enough to connect to a $600 Hogwarts D2C. The Hall and the adjoining tower should be the biggest parts of the castle and unless everything in the D2C is the same size and has the same level of detail as the normal sets it won’t work together. Forcing the D2C to connect to the existing regular retail sets would stunt the size in my opinion. They should just make a complete Hogwarts as the D2C and the retail sets can contain sections to connect to each other for those who can’t afford the large set. Dedicating $200 of the budget to the Hall and tower in the D2C would work best. 

There are so many other parts of the castle, and the size of the remaining buildings can easily make up the rest of it, fitting with the very detailed great hall section that will exist beforehand.

The clocktower, the astronomy tower (both taller than the great hall as is, minus its adjoining tower) etc. can all be 1000 piece or higher builds, easily, at scale with the great hall. It would be all but disappointing if they just remade the great hall in the d2c. There's no point when expansion makes way more sense.

Edit: fixed a redundancy.

Edit 2: also, purely from a marketing perspective, it would really hurt the sales of the original great hall if the d2c came out with another great hall in it.

Edited by zegodhand

5 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Brown version? I always thought Filch was white ?, but in all seriousness, what do you mean brown version from movie 1 and 2? I thought the Filch we’re getting is based on 1&2, I reckon it could be a trench coat design print for him because he tends to wear that a lot

I believe deskp is referring to Mrs Norris not filch

9 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

D2C set could also be Diagon Alley... Especially if people are talking about an Olivander figure

It's confirmed to be the Hogwarts Castle

8 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

3 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I believe deskp is referring to Mrs Norris not filch

Nono, Filch wore a different outfit in the first 2 films. It was brown with a variety of differences.

30nf9ti.png

10 hours ago, Tobiasz said:

I find a picture of Hogwarts like that

and I think that the D2C Hogwarts could be a some  part of castle like on the right of the picture connected with already known sets - Hogwarts Great Hall and Whomping Willow which could be the middle part of the castle on the picture  as I pointed that. What do you think about that???

I think this very well could be the case.. The picture is lying because the GH are in the front and looks much bigger that it is compared to the rest of the castle! Think of it as someone taking a picture of the Eiffel tower with a finger on the top of it or a picture of a fish held out as far as possible by the fisherman.

7 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

How come miss noris is not included with the womping willow set?

Well it is very strange, we could get her in a cmf with another fig do not have to be Filch or in a future set..On the other hand they have a cat that is already usable why not use it?! Ok, maybe they felt it needed a new paint-job, but that should not be so costly when they have the mould :wacko: I am a little worried of the lack of animals in the sets, yes we got a new Scabbers and thestral (and a niffler on the way) that look fabulous, but what about more owls the old sets where full of them :sceptic:

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Fan reaction to the first film was not amazing, it wasn’t bad, but not anything like any of the previous 8 films.

I agree with everything in your post, except maybe the last part.. It has 7,4 on IMDb, the other HP films have from 7,4 to 8,1, so maybe the hardcore fans where not as hysteric as they normally are, but the average viewer rate it as good as some of the HP films :wink:

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Depend on how much of Hogwarts you are including in the D2C, the GH set can be to small, perfect and to big!

Have look at this map:

map_of_hogwarts___draft_i_by_leethree9-d

The GH is maximum 20% of the castle, so if they make the D2C of the "rest" then it would fit perfectly. If Lego on the other hand include the great hall in the D2C with all the rest the GH set would be bigger than the GH in the D2C. And last if they just make the D2C of half the castle, the GH set would be to small..
The D2C is "only" around 500$ so the Disney castle + a small modular building so maximum 6000 pieces, maybe only 4000 if it has a lot of minifigs like the death star.. If people are expecting a 10000 pieces Hogwarts for 500$ they are going to get disappointed no matter what :look:

As Lupin would have said:
It comes down to whether or not you trust Lego's judgement :laugh:

It would be pretty cool I’d the D2C featured the clock tower etc that attacked to the back of the great hall, so I’m the end you can have a castle that looks good from behind as well as in front.

I just want pictures or a description of the D2C Hogwarts to leak so the debate can end.

17 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I just want pictures or a description of the D2C Hogwarts to leak so the debate can end.

So is there any evidence of what we are going to get included in the D2C or is everyone still just guessing?