Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Legomaster34 said:

Really excited to see the Aragog set. I'm planning to get that one, along with the Quidditch set, first on a trip to the LEGO Store, since the first time I ever went to that store back in 2011 I got the Forbidden Forest and Quidditch Match sets (and a CMF, so I'm glad I'll be able to get a Harry Potter one of those this time too!) so I think it'd be fun to get the remade sets this time. (Aragog takes place in the forest, so close enough for me!)

Quite nostalgic :)

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

In this wave alone they would be releasing 22 characters in the CMF line + 4 from the TRU pack + 1 book exclusive + 6 characters included in the sets that won't reapper because there is no real reason for them to (Susan Bones, Seamus Finnigan, Trolley Witch, Oliver Wood, Lucian Bole and Marcus Flint). That's a whopping total of 33 characters in just the first wave alone.

They need to save some characters for upcoming waves, especially considering this is meant to be a new "evergreen" theme

I'm starting to think the CMF line will be a mini army of Harrys, Hermiones and Rons, like the Batman Movie series

I think there's more than enough characters to last us a while. Off the top of my head, we're still missing

faculty: (Sprout, Mad-Eye, Flitwick, Trelawney, Lockhart, Pomfrey, etc.)

students: (Colin Creevey, Cedric, Cho, Seamus, Luna. etc.)

family members: all non-Ron Weasleys and the Dursleys

Any dark wizards really, none have been revealed yet right?

Phoenix members: (Kingsley, Tonks, Sirius)

Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students

Other side characters (Moaning Myrtle, Gringotts goblins, Xenophilius Lovegood, etc.)

And of course any FB characters. This theme could easily become another SW.

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

5 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think there's more than enough characters to last us a while. Off the top of my head, we're still missing

faculty: (Sprout, Mad-Eye, Flitwick, Trelawney, Lockhart, Pomfrey, etc.)

students: (Colin Creevey, Cedric, Cho, Seamus, Luna. etc.)

family members: all non-Ron Weasleys and the Dursleys

Any dark wizards really, none have been revealed yet right?

Phoenix members: (Kingsley, Tonks, Sirius)

Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students

Other side characters (Moaning Myrtle, Gringotts goblins, Xenophilius Lovegood, etc.)

And of course any FB characters. This theme could easily become another SW.

Mad-Eye, Cedric and Cho weren’t in the films until film 4, Luna wasn’t until film 5 same as the Order members you mentioned except for Sirius, Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs both film 4, Xenophilius is the most ridiculous because he wasn’t in it until Deathly Hallows part 1, the 7th film, also there weren’t any dark wizards until film 4 when Voldemort returned, so we aren’t actually missing many characters that you mentioned because they’ll be coming when it’s them film’s time, these sets are based on 1-3

although yes, it’d be nice to get the Weasleys, the films 1-3 Faculty

Edited by harleydavid98

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

Mad-Eye, Cedric and Cho weren’t in the films until film 4, Luna wasn’t until film 5, Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs both film 4, Xenophilius is the most ridiculous because he wasn’t in it until Deathly Hallows part 1, the 7th film, also there weren’t any dark wizards until film 4 when Voldemort returned, so we aren’t actually missing anyone that you mentioned because they’ll be coming when it’s them film’s time, these sets are based on 1-3

Yes, but he was talking about the long-term lifespan of the theme, which would span everything. Even just in 1-3, there's many from that list I don't think were announced. The Dursleys, all the Weasley family, Lockhart, Trelawney, Myrtle, Sprout, Sirius, and Flitwick were all in the first three years but not in this wave, unless I missed an announcement?

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

Yes, but he was talking about the long-term lifespan of the theme, which would span everything. Even just in 1-3, there's many from that list I don't think were announced. The Dursleys, all the Weasley family, Lockhart, Trelawney, Myrtle, Sprout, Sirius, and Flitwick were all in the first three years but not in this wave, unless I missed an announcement?

I think he was talking about now, seen as he said “we’re missing” obviously we’ll be getting them in the future, so it’s not really relevant now, but a thing I don’t like about this site is that it doesn’t always show the edited stuff because I said “although yes, it’d be nice to get the Weasleys, the films 1-3 Faculty” in an edit of my statement, I know for a fact we will be getting most of these minifigures, especially the important ones like the Weasleys, Order members, Teachers etc

1 hour ago, Legomaster34 said:

Really excited to see the Aragog set. I'm planning to get that one, along with the Quidditch set, first on a trip to the LEGO Store, since the first time I ever went to that store back in 2011 I got the Forbidden Forest and Quidditch Match sets (and a CMF, so I'm glad I'll be able to get a Harry Potter one of those this time too!) so I think it'd be fun to get the remade sets this time. (Aragog takes place in the forest, so close enough for me!)

In similar fashion I’m most excited for the Hogwarts Express Set. My oldest memory of Lego is building the original set back at Christmas 2001, and with this set being almost an exact remake (Minifigures aside) I’m super excited to do it again!

also excited for the Anglia for similar reasons, I remember chasing the original with the train on the kitchen table when I was little!

Do we know from which movie Newt's Suitcase set is? Where to Find Them or Crimes of Grindelwald? I hope it's CoG.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do we know from which movie Newt's Suitcase set is? Where to Find Them or Crimes of Grindelwald? I hope it's CoG.

Could be either tbh, from the looks of the 2 leaked minifigs I reckon it’ll be CoG, but I’ve been wrong before ?

2 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

As far as I know yes it is. I saw it back in February, again last month and got detailed info for that set. Perhaps it will be unveiled together with our missing FB sets?

Two questions:

1. Can you confirm if Fang is in the Aragog set (big dog)?
  2. What do you mean with "missing FB sets", I thought it was only one set left (the suitcase), since both 75955-56 turned out to be HP sets?! *huh*

Just now, Roebuck said:

What do you mean with "missing FB sets", I thought it was only one set left (the suitcase), since both 75955-56 turned out to be HP sets?! *huh*

Ooh, maybe there’s something we don’t know (granted for me that’s most things ??)

I find a picture of Hogwarts like that

hogwarts.jpg

and I think that the D2C Hogwarts could be a some  part of castle like on the right of the picture connected with already known sets - Hogwarts Great Hall and Whomping Willow which could be the middle part of the castle on the picture  as I pointed that. What do you think about that???

Edited by Tobiasz

5 hours ago, Tobiasz said:

and I think that the D2C Hogwarts could be a some  part of castle like on the right of the picture connected with already known sets - Hogwarts Great Hall and Whomping Willow which could be the middle part of the castle on the picture  as I pointed that. What do you think about that???

If that’s the case it would have to be incredibly detailed like 4K compared to DVD detail for it to be worth as much as it’s rumoured to cost

That image is already wrong.   Willow set is not recreating that part.

And a d2c hogwarts won't be that focuses on that side of the castle.

You should kind of ignore the normal sets when ur theorising about d2c hogwarts.

Edited by deskp

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

That image is already wrong.   Willow set is not recreating that part.

Why not? The Whomping Willow set have an entrance of the castle with small tower  which is also on the picture

10 minutes ago, Tobiasz said:

Why not? The Whomping Willow set have an entrance of the castle with small tower  which is also on the picture

The WW set represents the hogwarts grounds and some walls that were just behind the gryffindor tower during the CoS film. As you can see here :P

whomping-willow.jpg

Hello, back again from the dead! :laugh:

So for as far as I know we are getting an Aragog set and the D2C Hogwarts set is going to include the clocktower, etc. I only have seen vague desriptions, no images, and I cannot confirm Fang maybe someone else can. The knight bus is not happening by the way.

This info could all be wrong since I do not know if this source is reliable just yet. I wouldnt consider this a leak but a rumor. :classic:

Just now, Winter Soldier said:

Hello, back again from the dead! :laugh:

So for as far as I know we are getting an Aragog set and the D2C Hogwarts set is going to include the clocktower, etc. I only have seen vague desriptions, no images, and I cannot confirm Fang maybe someone else can. The knight bus is not happening by the way.

This info could all be wrong since I do not know if this source is reliable just yet. I wouldnt consider this a leak but a rumor. :classic:

Woo, more info, I think we knew about the Knight Bus because it’s set no. became the Hogwarts Express, but aside from that new D2C info is always great, and confirmation of the Aragog set is great ?

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I think he was talking about now, seen as he said “we’re missing” obviously we’ll be getting them in the future, so it’s not really relevant now, but a thing I don’t like about this site is that it doesn’t always show the edited stuff because I said “although yes, it’d be nice to get the Weasleys, the films 1-3 Faculty” in an edit of my statement, I know for a fact we will be getting most of these minifigures, especially the important ones like the Weasleys, Order members, Teachers etc

By fact, do you mean you assume? In the past, certain figures were predicted to be coming in other themes (LOTR especially) and never appeared. 

Just now, MAB said:

By fact, do you mean you assume? In the past, certain figures were predicted to be coming in other themes (LOTR especially) and never appeared. 

LOTR was never going to sell well, you could tell by the fact that the sets came too late for their to be any type of hype, Harry Potter is always popular whether it being with kids now adults or current kids, this theme is going to go on for a while, it is obvious for a FACT that we are going to get the important figures, all of the mentioned figures were important figures

The fact that they are being released at the same time as the Fantastic Beasts films (the first was loved by fans and the 2nd is getting amazing reviews from critics) means it’s not really an assumption because this theme is easily going to become like Star Wars and you’ve seen all the important figures for Star Wars released, it’s not hard to see that we’re going to get them all

12 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

the Fantastic Beasts films (the first was loved by fans and the 2nd is getting amazing reviews from critics) 

I'm not sure any of this is true.

Just now, deskp said:

I'm not sure any of this is true.

You can literally go and read the reviews for yourself ?, fan reviews were very high for the first film, and the critic reviews are looking very good

Fantastic Beasts 2 comes out in November

It's virtually impossible there are already reviews

Just now, Robert8 said:

Fantastic Beasts 2 comes out in November

It's virtually impossible there are already reviews

Filming wrapped end of last year, critics and early film viewers tend to get to see the first draft of the film a few months before it comes out, I know a few people (not personally) that got to see the 2nd Sherlock Holmes quite a few months early for purposes of reviews, there are critic reviews for the film, you just have to find them, it’s not particularly hard

5 hours ago, Tobiasz said:

That would require people to spend a ridiculous amount of money to have a complete Hogwarts. It'll never happen.

17 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

That would require people to spend a ridiculous amount of money to have a complete Hogwarts. It'll never happen.

That’s true, if it is all parts that connect together it’ll end up being a nearly $800 set if the D2C is $600 and then the 2 sets coming in August are $99.99 and $69.99