Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Not all the characters can be duplicated. Like, I wouldn't see the point of getting another Quirrell, or a second Oliver Wood

I agree and I like to keep the duplication to a minimum, but one or more of the trio will be in most sets, so far 11 out of 27 figs are of them so far in the sets, so it is no danger of running out of characters any time soon..

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It was said this wave was movies 1 to 3, and we already got Quirrell and Lupin. So, at this point Lockhart is a given

This wave is 1-2 and a flavour of 3 (so personally I think 3 is out of the question in sets and cmf until next wave after the train showed up), but if Lockhart do not turn up in the cmf I will be very surprised..
What I meant was that we are missing 6 Weasleys, the Dursleys, several Hogwarts staff, most ghosts, Dobby, most of the students etc from the first 2 films and no way all of those are getting a fig in the first wave, so plenty to make in the future :wink:

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Which makes me wonder if the D2C Hogwarts will be based on CoS, which could mean the Chamber ifself could be included in the set. 

I think the D2C is from all the series, but could definitely only be from the first 2 with later add ons from future waves. If the latter is the case a chamber is almost certain if the former apply I think it could be a future add on at some stage.. What I think speaks against the chamber is the basilisk in GH, but that is only a valid point if the GH connects to the D2C, and even if they connect they could have put a small one in GH for play-features even tough the D2C has a big moulded one :sceptic: I guess we will know more when the CMF are leaked, if Lockhart and Myrtle are not in line up the signs are pointing at a chamber in the D2C :tongue:

Surely they wouldn't base the d2c on the first 2 films. Hogwarts looked the worst back then.

34 minutes ago, deskp said:

Surely they wouldn't base the d2c on the first 2 films. Hogwarts looked the worst back then.

I imagine the Character selection and any play features will be based on years 1-3, but it will include buildings like the astronomy tower, the Deathly Hallows part 2 model is what they’re using in FB:TCOG

What do you guys think the likelihood of a HP Lego advent calendar is? It’d be a pretty cool way to the Christmas versions of the different characters

Random question:

What are the two buildings in the 2010 Hogwarts, other than the Great Hall and the Grand Staircase Tower?

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

What do you guys think the likelihood of a HP Lego advent calendar is? It’d be a pretty cool way to the Christmas versions of the different characters

Zero.

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

Zero? It’s an interesting idea but they still haven’t done Ninjago which has a fairly long production history. Would be neat to see one done though.

7 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Random question:

What are the two buildings in the 2010 Hogwarts, other than the Great Hall and the Grand Staircase Tower?

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Astronomy tower (of sorts, also appears to include the room of requirement) and dumbledore’s office.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Ah... Probably confused by the description on BL which includes POTC in the title.

I imagine it was designed with both characters in mind, it is generic enough.

9 minutes ago, MAB said:

I imagine it was designed with both characters in mind, it is generic enough.

Nah it was made specifically for Ollivander. The potc minifigure is a nobody and doesn't match anyone.

14 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Zero? It’s an interesting idea but they still haven’t done Ninjago which has a fairly long production history. Would be neat to see one done though.

They do Star Wars, Friends and City, Friends came about a long time after Ninjago, so I think we’re more likely to see a HP one than Ninjago, but at the same time, I don’t really see either happening, just a thought I had seen as a Christmas set (unless it’s Hogsmeade) would be pretty lame

39 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Astronomy tower (of sorts, also appears to include the room of requirement) and dumbledore’s office.

Thank you but I was more referring to the exteriors.

17 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

They do Star Wars, Friends and City, Friends came about a long time after Ninjago, so I think we’re more likely to see a HP one than Ninjago, but at the same time, I don’t really see either happening, just a thought I had seen as a Christmas set (unless it’s Hogsmeade) would be pretty lame

They have already announced the 2018 ones. They could of course do a 2019 one but the key would be to make enough small builds that are meaningful for HP. They need about 18 interesting builds that are not minfiigures. They could take inspiration from here:

And do the Quidditch pitch over 6 days and another 2 days for the train.

Also bear in mind that the SW one this year is rather un-Christmassy when it comes to minifigures. They look like just be regular set figures. And with the HP CMF series as well, there will probably be enough variants of figures as it is.

25 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

If there were a HP Advent Calendar we'd probably have heard about it, and it would most likely have been revealed with the other Advent Calendars. They've shown us the Star Wars, Friends and City ones. So there almost certainly is no HP one.

Just now, MAB said:

They have already announced the 2018 ones. They could of course do a 2019 one but the key would be to make enough small builds that are meaningful for HP. They need about 18 interesting builds that are not minfiigures. They could take inspiration from here:

And do the Quidditch pitch over 6 days and another 2 days for the train.

Also bear in mind that the SW one this year is rather un-Christmassy when it comes to minifigures. They look like just be regular set figures. And with the HP CMF series as well, there will probably be enough variants of figures as it is.

Just now, AnnaBuildsLego said:

If there were a HP Advent Calendar we'd probably have heard about it, and it would most likely have been revealed with the other Advent Calendars. They've shown us the Star Wars, Friends and City ones. So there almost certainly is no HP one.

Ooh, I’m so sorry I should be more specific, I didnt mean for this year, I just meant in general

i think it’d be pretty easy to have minibuilds for a HP calendar, they could do each of the miniature dragons from the Triwizard Cup for a start, and I think the Star Wars minifigs aren’t particularly Christmassy because there isn’t really Christmas in Star Wars whereas there is in Harry Potter, it would be really easy for them to do

10 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

i think it’d be pretty easy to have minibuilds for a HP calendar, they could do each of the miniature dragons from the Triwizard Cup for a start, and I think the Star Wars minifigs aren’t particularly Christmassy because there isn’t really Christmas in Star Wars whereas there is in Harry Potter, it would be really easy for them to do

That has been the point of them, they are meant to be out of the ordinary. They take something that isn't Christmassy and give you something that is ...

sw599.pngsw506.pngsw358.pngsw423.pngsw763.pngsw680.pngsw679.pngsw424.png

Whereas this year they seem to have stopped doing the Christmas tradition, and there appears little in the calendar that is Christmassy.

51 minutes ago, MAB said:

That has been the point of them, they are meant to be out of the ordinary. They take something that isn't Christmassy and give you something that is ...

Whereas this year they seem to have stopped doing the Christmas tradition, and there appears little in the calendar that is Christmassy.

With Star Wars yeah, but there’s so much more to go off with Harry Potter that it wouldn’t need to stop being Christmassy

1 minute ago, MAB said:

Oh it started last year with the awful bb8, but I digress. 

Harley does bring up a good point about HP and the holidays.  Maybe lego will see fit to make something (calendar or otherwise) but as mentioned definitely not this year.

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

With Star Wars yeah, but there’s so much more to go off with Harry Potter that it wouldn’t need to stop being Christmassy

So they can just put them in regular sets and get sales all year round. No need for a Christmas set.

They have to be careful not to over-saturate the market with minifigures. If this line is going to last multiple years, they need to keep things back or there will be complaints later on about repetition. As it is, key characters will have to be in every set, or it won't sell to the general public (as opposed to people collecting the whle range).

2 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Notice which one I didn't include! :-)

51 minutes ago, MAB said:

46 minutes ago, MAB said:

So they can just put them in regular sets and get sales all year round. No need for a Christmas set.

They have to be careful not to over-saturate the market with minifigures. If this line is going to last multiple years, they need to keep things back or there will be complaints later on about repetition. As it is, key characters will have to be in every set, or it won't sell to the general public (as opposed to people collecting the whle range).

Notice which one I didn't include! :-)

I understand that with repetition, but if they stick to minibuilds and a few figures they could easily pull it off, I mean as I said before, what sets could we possibly get Christmas Arthur, Christmas Molly etc in, I wouldn’t want them in the Burrow because that would mean no normal Arthur/Molly in the Burrow, I wouldn’t want it in Grimmauld Place for the same reason, an advent calendar would be perfect for this theme providing it sells well into next year

41 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Not sure what was so awful about BB-8 in the Advent Calendar.  It was great to get the standard version as the Christmas versions are always too ridiculous to me.

About Harry Potter, an Advent Calendar would be a great way to get Christmas variants.  I would be surprised if we didn't see it down the road (unless they show up in the CMF).

Let's move the topic away from Advent Calendars--there's a 0% chance we are getting a Harry Potter themed one in 2018--we would have heard about it yesterday when Lego unveiled all of the other calendars for the year. 

So let's pick that conversation up in 2019 please. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Is the aragog set still coming? I sure hope it will.

@Sir von Lego any information you can provide us?

Edited by topiku

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

As far as I know yes it is. I saw it back in February, again last month and got detailed info for that set. Perhaps it will be unveiled together with our missing FB sets?

Can you confirm that this Aragog is better than the previous 2?

Really excited to see the Aragog set. I'm planning to get that one, along with the Quidditch set, first on a trip to the LEGO Store, since the first time I ever went to that store back in 2011 I got the Forbidden Forest and Quidditch Match sets (and a CMF, so I'm glad I'll be able to get a Harry Potter one of those this time too!) so I think it'd be fun to get the remade sets this time. (Aragog takes place in the forest, so close enough for me!)