Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

have however heard that they come out in August but also that they come out in September

The leaked Summer catalogue states an August release for the CMFs :)

Everyone, please do not quote pictures--it only fills up the thread with duplicate images. 

Thank you! :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Could Ollivander be a polybag?

Yes, or a book fig, or somehow in the d2c, or in the cmf. Or maybe part of a target cube. The least likely way to get him will be via mail in promo requiring UPCs like gi joe used to do.

I think he would be an odd inclusion for the D2C, since he never went to Hogwarts as far as I can remember.

Being a book exclusive means he would probably come with only one wand.

But if he is a poly, then they could include a stand with a few wands 

16 minutes ago, Poltergeist said:

Yes he did for the weighing of the wands for the tri-wizard tournament.

Ohhhh I totally forgot about that

Was that scene in the movies? Because the LEGO stuff is based on the movies

Also, that would be movie 4, and this year's line is based in years 1 to 3

But thanks for the clarification. I honestly didn't remember about that at all. :classic:

12 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

True, but Seraphina Picquery's wand was also brown with only a purple/pinkish gem at the handle. They made her wand purplish so I imagine Umbridge's lego wand being pink.

Yeah, that would make sense, I'm kind of hoping if Umbridge is included in a set it's with her office, the last one they made was 2007 and that was a good addition to the castle. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Ohhhh I totally forgot about that

Was that scene in the movies? Because the LEGO stuff is based on the movies

I think he was meant to be in the movie but his scenes were cut. But like you said it's only based off Years 1-3 here. 

A book figure would make sense, but it depends what type of book it was, Visual Dictionaries tend to include varients of the main character i.e. Yule Ball Harry, Gold Medal Luke, Batman etc. But something like a minifgure encyclopedia would make sense.

Umbridge has about four or five hideous pink/purple outfits, so the fact she's in the four pack does not mean she won't be available in the D2C, or any future waves. Hooch and Boggart Snape are he only time we'll see them I imagine, Slughorn has a couple of subtle variations, so could also show up down the line. 

In this wave alone they would be releasing 22 characters in the CMF line + 4 from the TRU pack + 1 book exclusive + 6 characters included in the sets that won't reapper because there is no real reason for them to (Susan Bones, Seamus Finnigan, Trolley Witch, Oliver Wood, Lucian Bole and Marcus Flint). That's a whopping total of 33 characters in just the first wave alone.

They need to save some characters for upcoming waves, especially considering this is meant to be a new "evergreen" theme

I'm starting to think the CMF line will be a mini army of Harrys, Hermiones and Rons, like the Batman Movie series

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

The leaked Summer catalogue states an August release for the CMFs :)

Well that makes me very happy, I hope to god they release on August 1st so I can get some when I go to buy my sets

I'm starting to think the CMF line will be a mini army of Harrys, Hermiones and Rons, like the Batman Movie series

Hopefully not :tongue:

In this wave alone they would be releasing 22 characters in the CMF line + 4 from the TRU pack + 1 book exclusive + 6 characters included in the sets that won't reapper because there is no real reason for them to (Susan Bones, Seamus Finnigan, Trolley Witch, Oliver Wood, Lucian Bole and Marcus Flint). That's a whopping total of 33 characters in just the first wave alone.

They need to save some characters for upcoming waves, especially considering this is meant to be a new "evergreen" theme

Well a lot of the figs are the same so that reduce the total number and the figs from CMF, TRU and book will over half be in a set now or in the future I guess.. They cold easily fill up the cmf with students from the 2 first films. So far we have gotten 2 figs from POA, but depending on what other figs we get now, they will for sure be behind schedule for the next wave with more than 2 figs from film 1-2!  Also do not forget FB, most of figs are missing, so I say full steam ahead :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

So far we have gotten 2 figs from POA, 

For what it's worth,

Filch is based on hiss look in film 3-onward.

All the student torsos are also movie 3-onward

Lupins face however is from a later movie than 3.  He was clean shaven (except mustache) in 3.   If we're lucky his alternate face is shaven? =/

2ur0cwy.png

Just now, deskp said:

For what it's worth,

Filch is based on hiss look in film 3-onward.

All the student torsos are also movie 3-onward

Lupins face however is from a later movie than 3.  He was clean shaven (except mustache) in 3.   If we're lucky his alternate face is shaven? =/

2ur0cwy.png

As much as I’d love to get a clean shaven Lupin, I doubt a second face would be clean shaven, I think we’re more likely to get “turning to werewolf” face (white eyes, fairly vacant expression)

Just a real shame how little lupin figure looks like himself.

Just now, deskp said:

Just a real shame how little lupin figure looks like himself.

True that, I reckon with a new hairpiece he’ll look fine, but I’m just happy we’re getting Lupin earlier than first anticipated, I can wait for Sirius and Pettigrew but Remus I was massively anticipating his release

51 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Hopefully not :tongue:

Well a lot of the figs are the same so that reduce the total number and the figs from CMF, TRU and book will over half be in a set now or in the future I guess.. They cold easily fill up the cmf with students from the 2 first films. So far we have gotten 2 figs from POA, but depending on what other figs we get now, they will for sure be behind schedule for the next wave with more than 2 figs from film 1-2!  Also do not forget FB, most of figs are missing, so I say full steam ahead :laugh:

Not all the characters can be duplicated. Like, I wouldn't see the point of getting another Quirrell, or a second Oliver Wood

And some of remaining ones are not that hard to guess

It was said this wave was movies 1 to 3, and we already got Quirrell and Lupin. So, at this point Lockhart is a given

Which makes me wonder if the D2C Hogwarts will be based on CoS, which could mean the Chamber ifself could be included in the set. 

Are 100% sure Olivander is an actual leak and not just the hairpiece placed on the old figure from Diagon Alley?

Not calling anyone out here, just wondering.

Just now, LegoAndDisney said:

Are 100% sure Olivander is an actual leak and not just the hairpiece placed on the old figure from Diagon Alley?

Not calling anyone out here, just wondering.

new face new torso. :]

Just now, LegoAndDisney said:

Is it? I thought it was the same :look:

It is new.

Ollivander's old torso was actually a POTC torso reused I seem to remember

Just now, Robianco said:

Ollivander's old torso was actually a POTC torso reused I seem to remember

Other way around. ;)

Just now, deskp said:

Other way around. ;)

Was just about to say this, they both came out in 2011 but Diagon Alley was January and London Escape was April

14 minutes ago, deskp said:

Other way around. ;)

Ah... Probably confused by the description on BL which includes POTC in the title.