Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Should the first post be updated?

Done :classic:

Do we know what set Ollivander is part of yet? 

Persoanly I’m hoping for multiple shops for Diagon Alley so we can build it up over time, not just one set like last time. 

8 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we know what set Ollivander is part of yet? 

Persoanly I’m hoping for multiple shops for Diagon Alley so we can build it up over time, not just one set like last time. 

Top guesses are a book addition or a D2C Diagon based off Movies 1-3.

5 hours ago, joeee said:

Thanks for posting that video! The car driving through the archway is so cool! They really did push to reinvent scenes from the movie.

I think the Whomping Willow just needs those "long finger" type branches and it would've been passable!

Hogwarts - 99.99
Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia/Hogwarts 79.99
Hogwarts Express - 79.99
Quidditch - 39.99
Grindelwald Escape - 19.99
Harry/Hedwig Brickhead - 14.99
Hermione Brickhead - 9.99

Question: Is anyone going to be buying all of these in one go? I'm wondering if I should space my purchases out during different visits to enjoy them for a longer time.

Here's what I'm doing:

Day 1: 

1) Hogwarts Express

2) Great Hall 

3) Whomping Willow

4) 22 minifig bags

October: 

1) Quidditch

2) Aragog

3) Probably like 10 bags 

4) The minifig pack with Slughorn 

December: 

1) D2C 

Edited by RODDY

I'm so happy to finally see some official photos.

I have high expectations when it comes to minifigs, I can't lie. Many minifigs, especially Quidditch players, lack leg assembly printing to match the torso assembly. I find this disappointing.

It’s a shame that Umbridge doesn’t have a pink wand, but Seraphina has a purple one and I’m assuming we’ll get extras in each set since they’re tiny pieces, so hers could just double as Umbridge’s!

20 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

Okay are these being released July 1st or August 1st? I’ve seen both dates.

August 1st is the release date for the regular sets. I’ve heard July 1st for the BrickHeadz but I’m not 100% sure about those. 

15 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s a shame that Umbridge doesn’t have a pink wand, but Seraphina has a purple one and I’m assuming we’ll get extras in each set since they’re tiny pieces, so hers could just double as Umbridge’s!

August 1st is the release date for the regular sets. I’ve heard July 1st for the BrickHeadz but I’m not 100% sure about those. 

Agent Kallus posted a video a page or two back. The Brickheadz were tagged with "8/1/2018" :)

I just noticed this, but the Hogwarts Express doesn't have standard magnetic train couplings. Instead there are little Technic assemblies. This is going to make it difficult to make the train longer . .

8 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Anyone noticed that MP_Legoleaks seems to have been taken down? You don’t reckon Lego made him do ya?

Yeah, he's vanished. Luckily, I've found someone else who seems just as well informed.

If someone was going to spend $160 to get TWO Hogwarts Express sets so that they could MOD it and make it bigger and with more cars, I don't think getting some magnetic couplers for less than a buck each on bricklink is the end of the world.

After all, anyone who is serious about making it really good will need full bogies and extra wheel sets, too.

44 minutes ago, fred67 said:

If someone was going to spend $160 to get TWO Hogwarts Express sets so that they could MOD it and make it bigger and with more cars, I don't think getting some magnetic couplers for less than a buck each on bricklink is the end of the world.

After all, anyone who is serious about making it really good will need full bogies and extra wheel sets, too.

Right said, Fred. 

2 hours ago, joeee said:

Agent Kallus posted a video a page or two back. The Brickheadz were tagged with "8/1/2018" :)

I noticed this too, and yet the press release stated a July 1st release date. Perhaps it’s a different date in a different region? Like how last year the Thor: Ragnarok And Spider-Man sets were available in UK 2 months before America

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I guess that's a  book thing?  'cause in movie she has a brown wand.

1 minute ago, deskp said:

I guess that's a  book thing?  'cause in movie she has a brown wand.

Her wand isn’t described in the book so it would just be assumed that like everyone else (minus Voldemort’s that we know of, others are probably the same Wood but never explicitly said) it is a shade of brown

Many are lamenting the size of the tree, but I think it's pretty much in scale to the Great Hall and the connecting piece of Hogwarts.

14 hours ago, joeee said:

Thanks for posting that video! The car driving through the archway is so cool! They really did push to reinvent scenes from the movie.

I think the Whomping Willow just needs those "long finger" type branches and it would've been passable!

Hogwarts - 99.99
Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia/Hogwarts 79.99
Hogwarts Express - 79.99
Quidditch - 39.99
Grindelwald Escape - 19.99
Harry/Hedwig Brickhead - 14.99
Hermione Brickhead - 9.99

Question: Is anyone going to be buying all of these in one go? I'm wondering if I should space my purchases out during different visits to enjoy them for a longer time.

If buying from LEGO, spread them out to make the most of promotions. If supermarkets, wait for discounts.

So is that dumbledore’s face that leaked? I don’t remember the version from GH. 

Ok so looking back at the GH it does appear to be that DD w/o beard. 

Edited by KevinMD

1 minute ago, KevinMD said:

So is that dumbledore’s face that leaked? I don’t remember the version from GH. 

well it's covered by a beard.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Many are lamenting the size of the tree, but I think it's pretty much in scale to the Great Hall and the connecting piece of Hogwarts.

I agree. I'm sure it's fairly easy to modify to make it taller, too. :thumbup:

I think many people's disappointment comes from what we had expected this set to be. We thought that the set would be mainly the tree with a little side build of Castle - however, it was the other way around. I'm perfectly fine with the portion of the castle being larger, but it's understandable that people would be a bit miffed if they were expecting the main build to be the Willow. There's not much really wrong with the Willow itself in my opinion though; at least, not much that can't be tinkered around with.

I think the Willow overall looks vastly improved when the Ford Anglia is placed in the branches - it just makes it look more substantial to me. I'm glad as well that it has the swinging branches feature, I'll be interested to see how that works.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

If buying from LEGO, spread them out to make the most of promotions. If supermarkets, wait for discounts.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Shop at Home promotions are for August. Hopefully that LEGO Store set. 

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

13 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Shop at Home promotions are for August. Hopefully that LEGO Store set. 

Hopefully 2xVIP for HP Sets ;) even though im speding all my VIP points on the grand hall

2 hours ago, MAB said:

This is a great idea! Thanks, MAB! :) I can't wait to hear HP exclusives for spending a certain amount now!

I keep looking at the entrance at the trunk of the Whomping Willow. I wonder if TLG has any plans to make a tunnel or connect to the Shrieking Shack somehow. Hmm, but if I were TLG and a designer, I would deem that too complex/messy so I'm thinking they won't.

Think I’m gonna save up VIP points from these sets for the D2C.

my plan is buying all that’s availible day 1 at Lego store, will be going halves with my partner (she’s a mad potterhead who only recently got into Lego because of me, and as she drove me to the nearest store the morning of the Falcon’s release, I think I owe her a trip there for this wave)

Will get the CMFs probably elsewhere, where they’re likely to not have already been rummaged through.

Just now, joeee said:

This is a great idea! Thanks, MAB! :) I can't wait to hear HP exclusives for spending a certain amount now!

I keep looking at the entrance at the trunk of the Whomping Willow. I wonder if TLG has any plans to make a tunnel or connect to the Shrieking Shack somehow. Hmm, but if I were TLG and a designer, I would deem that too complex/messy so I'm thinking they won't.

I think it’s there as simply an Easter egg, with a similar hatch/trap door to come in an eventual Shrieking Shack Set. I think Lego really have this planned out

potentially stupid question for someone who has never bought Lego from the website or a Lego store, how does one sign up for VIP to get VIP points?

20 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

potentially stupid question for someone who has never bought Lego from the website or a Lego store, how does one sign up for VIP to get VIP points?

You can sign up on the Lego website. Here is the US link: https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Join. You can change your region as needed.