Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Legocollinfreak said:

So do we know a reveal date or a release date for the D2C? Is there any chance it will get leaked next. 

The D2C are usually leaked last if they are leaked at all before they are released..

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

No, they actually confirm it. This is the sentence they used: "So wird die Aktion zumindest in den ToysRUS Märkten in Asien stattfinde" Which roughly means "the promotion will at least take place at the ToysRUS stores in Asia".

Alternatively, they have seen the picture on the internet, they know TRU is still active in Asia and so they have assumed it. That's the problem with internet journalism. If it is on a website, it must be fact.

It may well turn out to be true, but it is still likely an assumption as they have provided no evidence.

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

Alternatively, they have seen the picture on the internet, they know TRU is still active in Asia and so they have assumed it. That's the problem with internet journalism. If it is on a website, it must be fact.

It may well turn out to be true, but it is still likely an assumption as they have provided no evidence.

Yup could very well be. Still given that they are a relative well-known Lego blog and also get invited to official events etc. one would assume that they at least have some sort of confirmation before throwing things out there. I do however fully understand that they could be wrong and until Lego gives us solid information or the packs start showing up in stores everything else will be speculation.

:sceptic: I'm considering picking up the new Hogwarts Express even though I have the old 2001 train; do you guys think that I could mesh the two together, or would it look garish? I'm generally not much good at MOCing or customising, but it'd be nice if I could add an additional carriage onto the train. 

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

I don't see why not personally, we'll find out on July 1st, or is it August 1st?

August 1st, I believe. I'm looking forward to finding out what Gift With Purchase will be offered in August so I can justify this all somehow. :laugh:

Do people think the leaked Ollivander minifigure might be a free gift with purchase when the Harry Potter sets are released? I think this is the only figure that we haven't seen turn up in a set and there's been no other figures leaked that might be in the CMF series, which would make it a little odd (but not impossible) that Ollivander is from that.(?)

Just now, Weil said:

Do people think the leaked Ollivander minifigure might be a free gift with purchase when the Harry Potter sets are released? I think this is the only figure that we haven't seen turn up in a set and there's been no other figures leaked that might be in the CMF series, which would make it a little odd (but not impossible) that Ollivander is from that.(?)

He’s more than likely in one of the books that comes out later this year

21 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Interestingly, the Brickheadz are listed as 1st of August, and yet they have since been announced as 1st July... what’s the deal here?

Edited by Peppermint_M
No need to quote a video. Thanks

46 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

August 1st, I believe. I'm looking forward to finding out what Gift With Purchase will be offered in August so I can justify this all somehow. :laugh:

Has it been confirmed for Lego S@H?

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We get Ron’s mirror in the great hall as well! Really cool details in the great hall

but still no sign of Fawkes who was mentioned as being in the set in the original press release?!?!?!

Thanks for posting that video! The car driving through the archway is so cool! They really did push to reinvent scenes from the movie.

I think the Whomping Willow just needs those "long finger" type branches and it would've been passable!

Hogwarts - 99.99
Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia/Hogwarts 79.99
Hogwarts Express - 79.99
Quidditch - 39.99
Grindelwald Escape - 19.99
Harry/Hedwig Brickhead - 14.99
Hermione Brickhead - 9.99

Question: Is anyone going to be buying all of these in one go? I'm wondering if I should space my purchases out during different visits to enjoy them for a longer time.

1 minute ago, joeee said:

Thanks for posting that video! The car driving through the archway is so cool! They really did push to reinvent scenes from the movie.

I think the Whomping Willow just needs those "long finger" type branches and it would've been passable!

Hogwarts - 99.99
Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia/Hogwarts 79.99
Hogwarts Express - 79.99
Quidditch - 39.99
Grindelwald Escape - 19.99
Harry/Hedwig Brickhead - 14.99
Hermione Brickhead - 9.99

Question: Is anyone going to be buying all of these in one go? I'm wondering if I should space my purchases out during different visits to enjoy them for a longer time.

I plan on buying them all at once, but that doesn’t mean you should, I have been saving up to get them all at once, you shouldn’t spend all your money on them if it will leave you with nothing after it ?

I love Newt. Amazing outfit, awesome head. Tina has a fantastic outfit. But her face is awful, and her hairpiece is mediocore.

Minifgure pack is amazing. Madam Hooch is good, but rather a simple minifgure. Slughorn is amazing. Umbridge is fantastic. Snape is great. A welcome surprise. 

Also, according to Instagram leakers minfigure pack will be available through Lego website and Lego stores.

It's also intetesting how they are doing characters from year 5 and 6 in this pack.

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, according to Instagram leakers minfigure pack will be available through Lego website and Lego stores.

Merlin's beard! That is good news!!

14 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Anyone noticed that MP_Legoleaks seems to have been taken down? You don’t reckon Lego made him do ya?

Replacement is mp_legonews

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hallelujah! Do we know how much each pack will be because I might also get the Infinity War one

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do you guys think the hole in the bottom of the Willow is going to lead onto the shreaking shack? 

Almost certainly. That will probably be a set released around the time of Fantastic Beasts 3. 

Pretty weak they didn't use Umbridge's original hair piece. Boggart Snape is a pretty nice inclusion, though.

14 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Any idea when we could have leaks from the D2C?

Never would be my guess as D2Cs aren't in store catalogues as they are lego shop exclusives. Though maybe we'll get factory leaks as they're getting more common these days. Either way if you don't expect anything till the official reveal then it will be a nice surprise when it inevitably leaks early. :laugh:

Should the first post be updated?

Edited by Agent Kallus

14 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Never would be my guess as D2Cs aren't in store catalogues as they are lego shop exclusives. Though maybe we'll get factory leaks as they're getting more common these days. Either way if you don't expect anything till the official reveal then it will be a nice surprise when it inevitably leaks early. :laugh:

I see.

I'm just getting tired of waiting!

Just now, HarryPotter said:

I see.

I'm just getting tired of waiting!

Ya can’t really complain after all the info we’ve had over the past few days, we can wait until at least August for D2C information, personally all I’m waiting for is seeing the rest of the none D2C sets (if there is more than 1)