Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Last year they where only available for like 1 or 2 days. Just keep an eye on their website since that's the easiest way to get 1. They were like €20,- or free with the purchase of a certain amount of Lego. Only 1 per customer and every week another pack for about a month.

I will, thanks! I will try to collect every single minifig from this wave. :classic:

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, and 750NOK is a lot, but last year I was lucky since "Lekekassen" had a really god discount on a couple of set (I was waiting to buy) at the same time, and since TRU has a "price guarantee" you get the sets for the same price there, I hit the jackpot :grin:
Sorry to the Mods for this little Norwegian off topic tour :blush:

This set looks so good so I will try my best to get it, like the rest of this HP/FB wave :tongue:

The figures are basically worth 160, had they been CMF so it's not a bad deal.

i like all 3 new sets, I have only half of Quidditch set from last wave (hootch included), so will def. buy all line this time

Quidditch set just begs to buy 2 and make a complete pitch, just sell extra figs

they could have included few tracks with train set

I'm not expert in MOCing trains, but do you think it will be possible to put motor in it?

Edited by Duxx

release date i 1st of August

this boxes of 4 figs will be released in October as part of bricktober, which i hate as to get any from Malta where I live I have to spend fortune :(

Could Umbridge be holding a new teacup mold? It doesn't look like the regular cup, the handle looks different to me.

6 minutes ago, strangely said:

Could Umbridge be holding a new teacup mold? It doesn't look like the regular cup, the handle looks different to me.

Certainly isn't the classic lego cup!

1 hour ago, deskp said:

Hooch:  should of had Nakia hairpiece in grey, otherwise very good.

Slughorn: Should have a printed version of the alfred pennyworth hair. Should have legs that match his jacket. Should have a cape that match his robe print.  Easy fix. good figure.

Umbridge: good top to toe.

Boggart Snape: I don't care much but it looks more than good enough

This box I give two thumbs up!  4/5 stars.

I was thinking the same thing for Hooch! I believe the old Bricktober sets could be purchased for $20 a piece if you didn't want to do the "free with $75 purchase deal" so I imagine these will be the same wherever they are released.

Yeah, they just posted closeups of all of them, it's definitely a new teacup. Bogart Snape looks awesome!

Geez, every hour is like ten more pages on this thread! 

I'm mixed on the four-pack. While I think it's great, all of them feel better suited for a CMF series. Wouldn't generic Hogwarts figures (students, or even ghosts) be more appropriate for a side release like this.

That being said, the figures look nice. Hooch is meh and I'm not totally sold on the Grandma style for Umbridge's hair, but Slughorn is nice to finally see, and Boggart Snape is fantastic. I forgot there was another possible use for the bird/hat combo, but LEGO saw it!

On the dead topic of Lucius' hair, it would probably have to be a new piece, like Gandalf/Saruman's hair/beard without the beard. His hair is very straight and most often falls in front of his shoulders, too, so the new Dumbledore's hair would work, but it wouldn't be perfect.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Excuse me, but where can I see photos of the Bricktober minifig pack?

2 minutes ago, nana said:

Excuse me, but where can I see photos of the Bricktober minifig pack?

Google "legoleaks instagram" and something should pop up :wink:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Google "legoleaks instagram" and something should pop up :wink:

Thanks! I followed that hashtag.

Figures look great digging Bogarts Snape and Slughorn the most but why doesn't he come with the hourglass? 

30 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

nd I'm not totally sold on the Grandma style for Umbridge's hair, but Slughorn is nice to finally see, and Boggart Snape is fantastic. I forgot there was another possible use for the bird/hat combo, but LEGO saw it!

What? what? that hair is perfect for her  !

fhd007prx_imelda_staunton_003.jpg?w=120037824969595_a6c39f5b41_z.jpg?resize=464,

Edited by deskp

I don't have much time to talk about them, or look through your guys' disscussion (sounds like some CMF details were leaked :D ) but I'm here to say I love, love, LOVE, the three sets LEGO revealed yesterday. The Womping Willow looks fantastic, even though the set isn't just the tree, and just like the Great Hall it'll probably be a day one purchase. The Hogwarts Express and Quidditch Pitch are slightly less grabbing (mostly due to the price and how much I've already bought this year XD ) but I adore the fact we're getting a train station and towers for all the houses!

For those curious, I've updated my list of Harry Potter characters in need of minifigures with the new info, but if this CMF talk I'm hearing is official it may be outdated again already! I'll be back to check it out later. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HdYacXq49v3-w7jvcmF-ihYDuZsiGVoy9ZaERGckbG8/edit?usp=sharing 

Im not so sure Boggart Snape has actually the Scarecrow hat

Also, did anyone notice the leaked Dementor has gray hands but the one in the set has black hands? Could this mean the Dementor will also appear in the CMF line? It wouldn't be the first time the release the exact same minifigure in both the CMF wave and a set. They did it with Maggie Simpson and also with Lloyd

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Im not so sure Boggart Snape has actually the Scarecrow hat

Also, did anyone notice the leaked Dementor has gray hands but the one in the set has black hands? Could this mean the Dementor will also appear in the CMF line? It wouldn't be the first time the release the exact same minifigure in both the CMF wave and a set. They did it with Maggie Simpson and also with Lloyd

Maggie in CMF had worried eyes, in set she had normal eyes.

I think it's just the case of test figure or something. we did in the past get a leaked figure in olive green that was dark tan in final sets.

I wish all the dementors would come with grey hands though.

Edited by deskp

9 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

I'm mixed on the four-pack. While I think it's great, all of them feel better suited for a CMF series. Wouldn't generic Hogwarts figures (students, or even ghosts) be more appropriate for a side release like this.

It is definitely odd, but I do not think it decreases the chance to see Umbridge and Slughorn in a future wave, Boggart Snape and Hooch on the other hand :sceptic:

Who are we getting in the CMF?

1. Ollivander, we have seen the fig so it is coming somewhere, but not necessary in cmf
  2. JK Rowling could be a chase fig like series 18 policeman
  3. Hooch was sure we would get her, but not after bricktober surfaced
  4. Dementor probably not after it pop up in the train set
  5. Harry, Ron and Hermione are there, hopefully not as numerous as the mains was in the batman series
  6. Dobby and Lockhart is very likely
  7. Sprout and Flitwick also a good chance
  8. Ginny, Neville, Fred and George and other students, have to get some of them don't we?
  9. FB could be in the mix
  10. No impossible to guess, this can go in any direction :wacko:

9 minutes ago, deskp said:

Maggie in CMF had worried eyes, in set she had normal eyes.

I think it's just the case of test figure or something. we did in the past get a leaked figure in olive green that was dark tan in final sets.

I wish all the dementors would come with grey hands though.

In the second series, Maggie had normal eyes. So it was the exact same minifigure in a set and the CMF line

46 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

In the second series, Maggie had normal eyes. So it was the exact same minifigure in a set and the CMF line

Yep, definitely normal eyes in Series 2 CMF.

colsim2-4.jpg?1

56 minutes ago, Roebuck said:
  1. JK Rowling could be a chase fig like series 18 policeman
  2. Hooch was sure we would get her, but not after bricktober surfaced

1. I hope not. I don't really see the need for her. But if she is, then I hope she is a rarer chase figure.

2. Being in the bricktober set doesn't necessarily rule her out of being in the CMF or normal sets, maybe with a different print.

3 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

A post surfaced on Instagram, saying the bricktober sets are cancelled and may only be released in Canada

Which account is this post on?

3 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

A post surfaced on Instagram, saying the bricktober sets are cancelled and may only be released in Canada

There is a lot of speculation on what will happen with these happening across many platforms, and this seems like speculation at best. Until TLG weighs in saying so, I would be surprised that they would cancel and not just find a new home for these.