Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Those figure packs look fantastic. I can’t see Lego not releasing them in both the UK and US. They’re too big of a market. I can see them being available at Lego retail stores at least.

Oh what a surprise

Madam Hooch: looks almost the same to the previous one. The hairpiece still doesn't work

Horace Slughorn: The hairpiece is ok, but I think the square academic cap piece would have been better tho

Boogart Snape: What hat piece is he wearing? I can't figure it out. Other than that. Looks ok

Dolores Umbrigde: Ok, I think. What is she holding? It looks too big for being a mug. It's a shame they made the exact same outfit again. I wish they had made this one instead:

Image result for harry potter dolores umbridge

Edited by Robert8

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Boogart Snape: What hat piece is he wearing?

Could it be the scarecrow hat with a crow on? The film version had a vulture, but crow is close enough and that would add up to 25 pieces in total also :wink:

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh what a surprise

Madam Hooch: looks almost the same to the previous one. The hairpiece still doesn't work

Horace Slughorn: The hairpiece is ok, but I think the square academic cap piece would have been better tho

Boogart Snape: What hat piece is he wearing? I can't figure it out. Other than that. Looks ok

Dolores Umbrigde: Ok, I think. What is she holding? It looks too big for being a mug. It's a shame they made the exact same outfit again. I wish they had made this one instead:

I thought it was a mug and immediately thought it would have some garish cat design printed on it.

Wow this was unexpected. Yesterday I woke up to see tons of new sets (well I woke up 12 hours too late to be precise) and I was really surprised by those amazing sets, thinking the biggest surprise  (Hogwarts Express) just happened I woke up to an even bigger surprise. It's kind of an odd choice to put 3 major characters in a bricktober set. But let's discuss them.

1. So Hooch looks very similar to the last one we got, except for one very important detail, the eyes... I hope she will at least get a second face with the goggles but I think the previous figure was better.

2. Slughorn looks alright, kinda missing the hat but that's all.

3. Umbridge looks amazing. The updated legs are the best part. I hope she's using the same hairpiece as last time. Her brooche isn't too heavily featured this time around and her face is a little more neutral looking. I'm not sure if I like this one better or the over the top old one. Kinda missing the pink wand...

4. Snape boggart looks absolutely perfect. Nothing to complain about really.

Overall I love these figures very much, but they make me wonder what the cmf and D2C will include.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

The minfigures are a nice surprise but I do think they are still going to concentrate the sets on years 1-3.  Personally I was expecting the CMF to go across all 8 movies anyway.  

I do hope that bringing those limited edition minifigures out dsoent mean we are not going to get any sets from Order of the Phoenix or Half Blood Prince.:sceptic:  

15 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

3. Umbridge looks amazing. The updated legs are the best part. I hope she's using the same hairpiece as last time. Her brooche isn't too heavily featured this time around and her face is a little more neutral looking. I'm not sure if I like this one better or the over the top old one. Kinda missing the pink wand...

It's not the old one. She has Grandma hairpiece in brown:

LEGO-10254-Winter-Holiday-Train-Sleepy-Face-1024x662.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Umbridge's old hairpiece hasn't been in production for a while (I think the last time we saw it was in one of the early modular buildings), so it makes perfect sense for it to be replaced by the "grandma hairpiece" :wink: I think it's pretty accurate :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Maybe they included Lucian Bole to get all the player positions?

• Lucian Bole-Beater

• Marcus Flint-Chaser

• Harry Potter-Seeker

• Oliver Wood-Keeper

After sleeping on it, the whomping willow it is not half bad.. Trees are always difficult to make and the elephant trunks was a good choice. If it had been bigger then it would not be on scale with the castle, it has room for the car so it does its job and are instantly reconcilable :classic:

Anyone knows the release date and price for the minifig pack ?

Edited by just_one

38 minutes ago, just_one said:

Anyone knows the release date and price for the minifig pack ?

If last year is anything to go by it is free in October if you buy Lego for around 75$ or more in a TRU shop.. Since TRU are bankrupt in the US and UK this may or may not change :wacko: Hard to tell, but most likely not something you can go and buy in a normal shop when you like :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Awesome stuff from toy rus. But this is a limited edition and that sucks a lot. Not everybody will get it

You're right. Especially when people buy like 4 packs and give their kids duplicates, like why?! Let's invoke Communism!!

Very early for a Bricktober leak, which kinda makes me think these might be being released in a different way? Or they were pulled forward due to TRU closing?

i guess time will tell, but these things are packaged and everything when there’s still 5 months till they would be released? Interesting to me.

i predict in the Uk, somewhere like Smyths or Argos or Tesco will grab them. Tesco recently got the DJ polybag from Star Wars and the Unikitty sets as exclusives, so I’d say they’re very likely candidates.

11 minutes ago, cocabottle said:

These figs look great. I hate limited items. Would this be hard to obtain for a decent price in Holland?

Last year they where only available for like 1 or 2 days. Just keep an eye on their website since that's the easiest way to get 1. They were like €20,- or free with the purchase of a certain amount of Lego. Only 1 per customer and every week another pack for about a month.

Just now, Whovastron said:

Very early for a Bricktober leak, which kinda makes me think these might be being released in a different way? Or they were pulled forward due to TRU closing?

i guess time will tell, but these things are packaged and everything when there’s still 5 months till they would be released? Interesting to me.

i predict in the Uk, somewhere like Smyths or Argos or Tesco will grab them. Tesco recently got the DJ polybag from Star Wars and the Unikitty sets as exclusives, so I’d say they’re very likely candidates.

Oh yeah forgot about Tesco's, they are very good when it comes to exclusives.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Then lucky me and everyone else living close to a TRU still standing, but feel bad for the people in the USA and UK, they will have to pay top dollar to get hold of them probably.. It could even be more sets like one from FB, last year it was 4 different and you had to pay around 75$ to get one..

Does norwegian toys r us usually carry these kind of boxes?

13 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

stickers everywhere. bad point

I remember one of the designers saying on this thread that they exceeded their budget for these sets and had to take some of the budget from Jurassic World. If that's the case - and I don't doubt it at all, considering the amount of builds, prints and new pieces here - I think a few stickers are completely excusable. I'm just glad that everything looks so good. :classic:

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Considering Smyths honoured TRU rewards my bet is they will be given to Smyths. Either that or Argos as they like exclusives. Barnes and Noble for America perhaps?

Man, I hope so! I'm worried that these won't be available in Ireland at all. We don't have any official LEGO stores or Toys R' Us. Here's hoping Smyths, Tesco or Argos get these, but I don't think any Bricktober packs or figure packs have surfaced anywhere here before.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

Usually yes. They had similar sets last year, but I remember they skipped the Bricktober sets in 2015. 

Hooch:  should of had Nakia hairpiece in grey, otherwise very good.

Slughorn: Should have a printed version of the alfred pennyworth hair. Should have legs that match his jacket. Should have a cape that match his robe print.  Easy fix. good figure.

Umbridge: good top to toe.

Boggart Snape: I don't care much but it looks more than good enough

This box I give two thumbs up!  4/5 stars.

18 minutes ago, deskp said:

Yes, I got two last year, but they were all at the same time so you could chose the set you wanted, which is better than one different set for every week in October.

You had to get them via GWP, I think the limit was 750kr in other Lego sets.. Earlier I think they have sold the sets after October if they have stocks left, but that did not happen last year..

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, I got two last year, but they were all at the same time so you could chose the set you wanted, which is better than one different set for every week in October.

You had to get them via GWP, I think the limit was 750kr in other Lego sets.. Earlier I think they have sold the sets after October if they have stocks left, but that did not happen last year..

What does GWP mean? gift with purchase? 

So i guess i gotta wait around with buying the hp sets until this promotion happens -_-

Edited by deskp

13 minutes ago, deskp said:

What does GWP mean? gift with purchase? 

So i guess i gotta wait around with buying the hp sets until this promotion happens -_-

Yes, and 750NOK is a lot, but last year I was lucky since "Lekekassen" had a really god discount on a couple of set (I was waiting to buy) at the same time, and since TRU has a "price guarantee" you get the sets for the same price there, I hit the jackpot :grin:
Sorry to the Mods for this little Norwegian off topic tour :blush:

This set looks so good so I will try my best to get it, like the rest of this HP/FB wave :tongue: