Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

The difference between you and me is the fact that I was informing the person that we had discussed this previously, I then went on to tell them what we had come to in conclusion, rather than having a bitchy attitude, which you seem to have in abundance

Speaking of quidditch, I wonder if they will do a minifig pack with ‘unknown’ raven claw and huffle figs.  Or regular students. Or a mix.  I don’t see them wasting spots in the cmf series on generic figs like that.

Just now, KevinMD said:

Speaking of quidditch, I wonder if they will do a minifig pack with ‘unknown’ raven claw and huffle figs.  Or regular students. Or a mix.  I don’t see them wasting spots in the cmf series on generic figs like that.

Sort of like the random battle packs you get for Star Wars? But instead of Battle pack it be a Quidditch pack?

19 minutes ago, deskp said:

I worry the CMF is infested with FB characters still.

I wouldn’t count of it. There is much more investment in Harry Potter then fantasic beasts (just look at the set number 5 to 2 plus 5 brickheadz for Harry Potter) 

On 5/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

The castle part looks way more like the part surrounding the Whomping Willow rather than the part next to the great hall, showing us we can connect the Hogwarts parts in any order we like which gives me high hopes for the d2c.

Yeah, it looks like it's based off the back part of the castle (that was shot at Alnwick Castle), given the crenelations and the archway for the car to drive through. 

womping willow.jpg

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t count of it. There is much more investment in Harry Potter then fantasic beasts (just look at the set number 5 to 2 plus 5 brickheadz for Harry Potter) 

I reckon we’ll get 2, maybe 3 max FB figs in the CMF

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Or zero :grin:

I don’t see that happening at all, it’s the Wizarding World CMF, not the Harry Potter CMF, it has to have at least 1

9 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Sort of like the random battle packs you get for Star Wars? But instead of Battle pack it be a Quidditch pack?

Hahaha that would be hilarious and I'd love it. If they gave HP that same kind of SW treatment I'd be so happy. Quidditch, Death Eater, etc. Battle packs HP style would be awesome. 

Just now, zegodhand said:

Hahaha that would be hilarious and I'd love it. If they gave HP that same kind of SW treatment I'd be so happy. Quidditch, Death Eater, etc. Battle packs HP style would be awesome. 

Too right it would, there are so many things we could have, we could have:

silly ones- Patronus charms

serious ones- dementors

sporty ones- Quidditch teams for each house

Order members- Kingsley, Tonks etc

Dark wizards- Greyback, Malfoy etc

houses- generic houses (Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw students)

7 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I was thinking more like the blister packs they use for just 3-4 figs.  See here for the nexo example. But sure, battle pack style could work too though I’m not sure what the build would be. 

Just now, KevinMD said:

I was thinking more like the blister packs they use for just 3-4 figs.  See here for the nexo example. But sure, battle pack style could work too though I’m not sure what the build would be. 

Ooh, I’ve never seen them before, could be pretty interesting builds for battle pack type packs, they could have stands to keep the brooms/figs in flight, for the different wizards they could have all different builds

26 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Though even if Quidditch did include Hooch, would it have been enough? You already said it was too redundant for you to pick it up. She is integral so I think she should've been there, but perhaps budget comes into play. She really needs a new hairpiece and maybe even a printed cape so perhaps a CMF would be better for her. Lee Jordan should be there as well, but looks like he'd need new hair as well. CMF seems like a good outlet for getting around new mold limitations. 

You have quite rightly called me out! One or two extra special minifigures can work wonders, though, in convincing me to buy a whole set when it's one with a low enough price. I'll concede the Quidditch set would be brilliant on display as it is, but without new minifigures I care about, I can pass like I said.

Let me remind everyone - now that there is actual set information and pictures to discuss, please keep wishlisting to an absolute minimum in this thread. Thank you!

I think all of these sets look fantastic!

The Quidditch match looks awesome and I'm glad that we're getting a Q stadium with all 4 towers. the minifigures look great. The inclusion of Snape and hermione is kin of disappointing, they are both critical to the scene. It would have been nice to have seen Madame Hooch and Lee Jordan but I think we'll get both in the CMF. I believe that Lee Jordan will be in the CMF because there is a little speaker on the Ravenclaw stands. the new snitch piece looks amazing and I looked it up because I somebody else was asking about it earlier. I know that we have it confirmed that the other slytherin Q player was Lucian Bole. On Harry Potter Wiki it says that the unnamed beater whose picture was put up a few pages ago in the forum, could possibly be Lucian.

The Whomping Willow set looks great as well. yes, the WW itself is a little small, It still looks  nice and it has a door that leads to the Shrieking Shack which might mean a possible set in the future. The castle part looks great and I like the inclusion of Snape's classroom. I'm a little disappointed with Seamus. I get that it's supposed to be him from when his cauldron exploded (or whatever) but I wish we could've had a normal seamus or if not that I hope their is a double sided face with a burnt face. I also think the Ford Angelia looks great.

The Hogwarts express is a nice surprise. I could possibly be taking the place of the Arogog set, given that we were leaked Harry and Ron minifigures from what we thought would be from the arogog set but instead that idea got scrapped but I'm not entirely sure. If that's the case then Harry and Ron's torsos are off but I'm fine with that. I think Lupin looks great and that his hairpiece suits him (at least it suits him for PoA version). I like the dementor but I do think he's a little bit too wide. I love the inclusion of the trolley. I also think that the train station looks great.

The only thing that I'm worried about is my wallet :cry_sad:

Something I’ve noticed that slightly bugs be about Lupin (aside from the too neat hair) is the fact that he has scars/scratches on his face, he didn’t have those until after his encounter with Buckbeak, which took place at the end of the film as opposed to the start where this train scene takes place, I understand that it’d be a waste to do a new face print, but that could be what is different between the versions from this wave and next wave

So I've been doing some thinking after seeing these leaks today... It makes me very curious to see which minifigs will be in Hogwarts and which will be in the Collectible Minifigure Series. I made somewhat of a "master list" of all the possible characters they could do at this point, basing around years 1-3:

- Harry, Ron, Hermione variants

- Draco (Quidditch)

- The Dursleys

- Ollivander

- Griphook

- Dobby

- Molly and Arthur

-Fred and Geroge

- Snape (Boggart)

- Dumbledore and McGonagall variants

- Neville

- Ginny

- Flitwick, Lockhart, Trelawney, Sprout, Pomfrey, Hooch

- Collin Creevey

- Lucius Malfoy

- Moaning Myrtle

- Sirius or Wormtail

and the big question.... Voldemort? 

9 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Something I’ve noticed that slightly bugs be about Lupin (aside from the too neat hair) is the fact that he has scars/scratches on his face, he didn’t have those until after his encounter with Buckbeak, which took place at the end of the film as opposed to the start where this train scene takes place, I understand that it’d be a waste to do a new face print, but that could be what is different between the versions from this wave and next wave

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Lupin absolutely has scars on his face at the beginning of the film.

Just now, zegodhand said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Lupin absolutely has scars on his face at the beginning of the film.

He has scars yes, old scars, faded scars, not the prominent across the face scars that the minifigure has, those scars were gained from Buckbeak

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

He has scars yes, old scars, faded scars, not the prominent across the face scars that the minifigure has, those scars were gained from Buckbeak

The two scars on the minifig are the same as the two scars he has in the beginning of the film.

1 minute ago, zegodhand said:

The two scars on the minifig are the same as the two scars he has in the beginning of the film.

I cannot seem to find a good picture of him from the start of the film, but they definitely aren’t that prominent, if they aren’t fresh they should be more faded, all in all it’s a good figure, aside from that, so let’s leave it there

It took me this long to notice, but one of the Slytherin Quidditch players has a stud shooter with a Beater attached to his broomstick. That is just . . just . . brilliant. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

It took me this long to notice, but one of the Slytherin Quidditch players has a stud shooter with a Beater attached to his broomstick. That is just . . just . . brilliant. 

THAT’S what it is, I was so confused as to what that is, you’re right that is brilliant

Wait, I don't get it, what set is Sirius black in?

Just now, azog said:

Wait, I don't get it, what set is Sirius black in?

He more than likely isn’t in one, he will at most be in the CMF, there’s a possibility he won’t be in anything