Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is now a picture of the willow and great hall set out together 

Not sure whether to be impressed or not ?

45 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

That’s just an image from google, it’s not Bole, it’s Adrian Pucey

nevermind, not Pucey, but also still not Bole, it’s an unnamed Beater, they clearly just stuck him in the set to have a beater and gave him that name from the books

I edited my post but you must have gotten in there too quickly! My post was changed to say it's possibly Bole as the Harry Potter wikia lists that actor as a possibility for the character. 

And here's the reason why Snape and Hermione are in the Quidditch set, as someone has already correctly guessed:

That's a hilarious play feature :laugh:

Edit: Ninja'd :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

On 16/05/2018 at 9:00 PM, Seaber said:

I edited my post but you must have gotten in there too quickly! My post was changed to say it's possibly Bole as the Harry Potter wikia lists that actor as a possibility for the character.

Ah, didn’t notice the edit, that’s the trouble with having notifications turned on ?

On 16/05/2018 at 9:02 PM, Lego-Freak said:

And here's the reason why Snape and Hermione are in the Quidditch set, as someone has already correctly guessed:That's a hilarious play feature 

Love it!

Edited by Peppermint_M
No photo quotes

So I've been thinking more about the D2C. What if it isn't a system scale set, but instead a miniature, architecture line styled set of the entire castle? Similar to this Ideas project or this model from the Nobel Collection. Lego has made sets based of off non chosen Ideas sets before (Ghostbusters HQ, Hulkbuster) so it could be possible.

Just now, Goonmo said:

So I've been thinking more about the D2C. What if it isn't a system scale set, but instead a miniature, architecture line styled set of the entire castle? Similar to this Ideas project or this model from the Nobel Collection. Lego has made sets based of off non chosen Ideas sets before (Ghostbusters HQ, Hulkbuster) so it could be possible.

We’ve already discussed this, Lego wouldn’t do this again because of the backlash from the SHIELD Helicarrier, it didn’t sell well because it wasn’t minifig scale

24 minutes ago, deskp said:

Remus Lupin

Great edit :thumbup: but as you said Robert Parr hair would be better but that doesn't come in reddish brown (yet).

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is now a picture of the willow and great hall set out together 

75954_75953_LEGO-Harry-Potter-Whomping-W

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 16/05/2018 at 8:46 PM, deskp said:

Great edit but I’m not sure if this looks better or worse, he doesn’t look like a dork, but he does have a 5-head ?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Great edit :thumbup: but as you said Robert Parr hair would be better but that doesn't come in reddish brown (yet).

75954_75953_LEGO-Harry-Potter-Whomping-W

Looks very cool! Can't wait to get these sets! 

So now I've seen the three leaked sets. The Hogwarts Express is awesome, no kidding. (Really love the new Dementor and Professor Lupin, finally!) But the Whomping Willow . . kind of disappoints me. I get that it's supposed to expand the castle, but . . I really thought it would be a big, built-up Whomping Willow, with just a small part of the castle tacked on. Honestly, this one is a bit disappointing. 

Still, full props for Hogwarts Express. It looks amazing. (If only there were a train driver. XD)

7 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

We’ve already discussed this, Lego wouldn’t do this again because of the backlash from the SHIELD Helicarrier, it didn’t sell well because it wasn’t minifig scale

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

Yep, definitely a bit of a dick ??

:wink:

Just now, RyanMe said:

The difference between you and me is the fact that I was informing the person that we had discussed this previously, I then went on to tell them what we had come to in conclusion, rather than having a bitchy attitude, which you seem to have in abundance

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

The difference between you and me is the fact that I was informing the person that we had discussed this previously, I then went on to tell them what we had come to in conclusion, rather than having a bitchy attitude, which you seem to have in abundance

3 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Would the two of you please take your mating rituals to PM?

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Still, full props for Hogwarts Express. It looks amazing. (If only there were a train driver. XD)

Maybe the train can drive with out a pilot, after all the ford Anglia could. :laugh:

Please be civil guys :sceptic:.

Can anyone confirm that the right side of the whomping tree set has connection holes?

It sure seems like in those pictures which means more castle parts are coming?

I know we have the CMS and a few other bits to come, but the Philosopher's Stone character line up his already looking very good! Only Hooch and the three other house ghosts are really missing from the Hogwarts based sets. We are getting two extra Gryffindor torsos with the extra Hermiones, which could go towards Dean, Nevile, Fred, George, Percy or Lee, so it's just a case of two more Slytherins for Crabbe and Goyle and quidditch robes to complete the teams. Molly, Ginny, Flitwick, the Dursleys and goblins could easily appear in future waves.

Privet Drive, Hagrid's Hut and Diagon Alley are also missing but could come along in future. The only things missing are the Troll in the girl's bathroom and the Philosopher's Stone chambers.

I do like how the castle part of the Whomping Willow set seems to be made of four modules that can attach in a variety Iif configurations to the Great Hall. I wonder if the D2C will preserve this design?

Just now, just_one said:

Can anyone confirm that the right side of the whomping tree set has connection holes?

I would like to second this question, I’d love for the Castle to be a full circle encircling a courtyard

10 minutes ago, just_one said:

It sure seems like in those pictures which means more castle parts are coming?

Take it as confirmed :classic:.

75953_LEGO-Harry-Potter-Whomping-Willow.

Holes on both sides , some with pins in. Looks like separable modules as others have suggested

Edited by Agent Kallus

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

I would like to second this question, I’d love for the Castle to be a full circle encircling a courtyard

They do. Hell, all four parts do. The two rooms, the tower and the bridge can all be taken apart and put back together any way you want among each other or the Great Hall. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

They do. Hell, all four parts do. The two rooms, the tower and the bridge can all be taken apart and put back together any way you want among each other or the Great Hall. 

That makes me so happy, gives me reason to buy multiple of that set, improve the Willow and improve the castle

Is there anyone with inside info in this forum?