Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

So excited about Lego Harry Potter again! But I want to say something about the dementors. Both versions has its own charm. Some people has said the old version (the one with the pogo-like lower body piece) is weird. I remember back in time I saw an action figure of a dementor of Mattel that had the same kind of lower body part, but in a realistic style:

https://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Azkaban-Dementor-Action/dp/B0001OM1RU

And many concept art of the dementors has these kind of mermaid tail-spine:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=974&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=hV_8WpefNezV5gLbrINQ&q=dementor+concept+art&oq=dementor+concept+art&gs_l=img.3...31722.33520.0.33678.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.0.0....0.oWmTKtH71rk#imgrc=pOQ-QP-Vw4qnuM:

So, Lego was accurately creepy about "what's under the robe" :wacko:

Wow, these sets are amazing!

The level of detail on the torsos, the tiles (paintings, newspapers, posters) and the way they decorated/furnished areas is outstanding!
The minifig selection is fantastic as well. So many different civilian torsos :wub:

Can't wait to see what other sets TLC will bring forth. But I'm sure they'll be spectacular as well!

Regards,
Mitch

I like the whomping willow set but it isn't accurate to the front of the castle where it is connected. Like it works but I'm hoping the D2C corrects the building to make it more correct.

46 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

There was a leak a while back showing the set numbers and names on the lego site. Hogwarts Castle was listed and the Knight Bus. The Knight Bus set number is the same as the Hogwarts Express. So what I'm saying if that was wrong then could that mean Hogwarts Castle is wrong too.

False. It was a picture from price vortex, not lego website

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

They revealed 1 set per movie

Quidditch Set -> Sorcerer's Stone

Whomping Willow -> Chamber of Secrets

Hogwarts Express -> Prisoner of Azkaban

That is possible, but I still think it is odd to leave one behind.. Waiting to see boxart from the two sets we knew about, if the piece count is wrong then it is something seriously wrong with earlier leaks :wacko:

If these are the regular sets it makes me super excited to see the D2C. I wonder if they will announce the missing set, minifigures, fantastic beasts set, and D2C next

31 minutes ago, just_one said:

but its a lot easier and possible to buy sets during a large space of time than give 400/500€ at once...

Why can’t you just save that much over time? I’m not rich by any means and already have $220 saved up because I’ve been steadily saving since February. I just have to sacrifice other sets and make sure not to spend too much. They’re going to release an enormous D2C castle for those who can afford it and for those who can’t they’re making sections of the castle in smaller sets. The castle section in the Willow set has more pin holes on the end so something will clearly connect there, too. 

The front of the Willow set looks very good but I might try buying a second tree on BrickLink to expand it. I’m super happy with this line and I’m very excited to get these sets!

HOT DAMN. These sets are beautiful! I wish the Whomping Willow itself was a bit larger, and that the back of the castle was covered more, but overall there isn't much to complain about. Fantastic stuff. LEGO is out to bankrupt us all.

For those who will want to mod the tree, I definitely think that just duplicating the part of the build for the branches and adding a second layer of them on top will add a good density to the tree. 

I think i'll swap out Lupins hair with this one. It does have the raggedy bangs but the peaks work out, and there was several instances of his hair swept back (in later movies). Mr incredible hair would be better but it does not come in a matching color.

71228_1to1_mf_mugshot_peter_168.png?l.r2varinha-professor-remo-lupin-de-harry-po

I think the Gryffindor stand will be able to swing forward in the front for the players to fly in. I'm guessing the back will be open.

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, joeee said:

I think the Gryffindor stand will be able to swing forward in the front for the players to fly in. I'm guessing the back will be open.

*clip image*

I was just about to point that out. The entire front of the Gryffindor stand is different than the other three. Maybe it's so Hermione can "set fire" to Snape's cloak? I don't believe that was the Gryffindor stand but I could be wrong.

42106867432_46aba52f6f_o.jpg

I love all of these, usually my Lego budget is spread across many themes, but I think with what we've seen and heard that HP will take the lion's share.

@Joee I think you're righ about that, @Marvelous Spidey that was the slytherin tower , but I think that is also a feature looking at the orange bit on the tower.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Descriptions:
https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-wizarding-world-harry-potter-product-details/

Spoiler

Hogwarts Express (75955) – 801 pieces – $79.99

All aboard the LEGO® Harry Potter 75955 Hogwarts Express! Vanish through the brick wall on Platform 9 3⁄4 at King’s Cross station and join Harry, Ron and Hermione on their journey to Hogwarts. Find your seats in the carriage and get a chocolate frog from the Trolley Witch, but watch out for the Dementor! Luckily, Remus Lupin is at hand to cast a powerful spell and shield Harry from the terrifying creature, so you can get back on track for more magical Harry Potter adventures.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin and the Trolley Witch, plus Dementor and Scabbers figures.
• Features the iconic King’s Cross Platform 93⁄4 and Hogwarts Express train.
• Platform features a railway bridge with a clock, steps that lead to a moving brick wall entrance, newspaper stand with 2 Daily Prophet newspapers, and a ‘Wanted’ poster.
• Hogwarts Express train includes a carriage with 4 seats, removable side panel and roof, plus the Trolley Witch with sweets trolley.

Quidditch Match (75956) – 500 pieces – $39.99

Jump on your broom and enter the LEGO® Harry Potter 75956 Quidditch Match! Join Harry, Hermione and Professor Snape for some magical mischief, and experience the thrill as you fly through the Gryffindor house tower hatch and onto the pitch. Score a point by throwing the Quaffle past the keeper and through the ring! Fire the Bludger to knock your opponents off their brooms and catch the Golden Snitch to win the match! Whether you’re a Keeper, Seeker, Chaser or Beater, there’s always plenty of fast-action fun at the Quidditch Match!

• Includes 6 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Severus Snape, Oliver Wood, Lucian Bole and Marcus Flint.
• Features Gryffindor house tower with an opening hatch, Slytherin house tower with a pop-up fire spell function, Ravenclaw house tower with a removable megaphone element, Hufflepuff house tower with scoreboard, and a base with 3 goalposts and rings, moving Keeper function and Bludger stud shooter.

Hogwarts Whomping Willow (75953) – 753 pieces – $69.99

Travel to Hogwarts castle with Harry and Ron in the flying Ford Anglia but watch out for the LEGO® Harry Potter 75953 Hogwarts Whomping Willow! Too late—the flying Ford Anglia has crashed and is caught in the branches. Make your escape and sneak into Hogwarts before caretaker Argus Filch and Professor Snape spot you. Run to the dormitory, jump into bed and get ready for your first day back of learning spells, mixing potions and lots more fun Harry Potter adventures.

• Includes 6 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Seamus Finnigan, Argus Filch and Severus Snape, plus a Hedwig owl figure.
• Features the buildable Whomping Willow tree, Flying Ford Anglia car and Hogwarts castle section.
• Whomping Willow features spinning branches and the Shrieking Shack tunnel entrance.
• Flying Ford Anglia features 2 opening doors and an opening trunk with suitcases.
• 3-level Hogwarts castle section features a gate, parapet walk, 3 turrets, dormitory with 2
beds, potions classroom with worktable and Severus Snape’s office.

Edited by Kez

15 minutes ago, Kez said:

Hogwarts Express (75955) – 801 pieces – $79.99

All aboard the LEGO® Harry Potter 75955 Hogwarts Express! Vanish through the brick wall on Platform 9 3⁄4 at King’s Cross station and join Harry, Ron and Hermione on their journey to Hogwarts. Find your seats in the carriage and get a chocolate frog from the Trolley Witch, but watch out for the Dementor! Luckily, Remus Lupin is at hand to cast a powerful spell and shield Harry from the terrifying creature, so you can get back on track for more magical Harry Potter adventures.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin and the Trolley Witch, plus Dementor and Scabbers figures.
• Features the iconic King’s Cross Platform 93⁄4 and Hogwarts Express train.
• Platform features a railway bridge with a clock, steps that lead to a moving brick wall entrance, newspaper stand with 2 Daily Prophet newspapers, and a ‘Wanted’ poster.
• Hogwarts Express train includes a carriage with 4 seats, removable side panel and roof, plus the Trolley Witch with sweets trolley.

Ah yes the iconic platform ninety three quarters :tongue:

thanks for bringing this here.Shame it only  had the usd prices, but they seem reasonable to me.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Is the openable box on the huffle tower for the snitch?

and what is the red at the end of the broom?

eh, looks like a stud shooter there to shoot the quidditch ball at the goals. 

Edited by KevinMD

26 minutes ago, joeee said:

I had already mentioned that on the last page as a play feature.

I also hope that those golden rings will be obtainable quite easy. Sonic is looking for them!

Those prices are unbelievable! I really hope the UK prices are not higher *ahem*jurassicworld*ahem* $40 for 500 pieces is fantastic value for a licenced theme!!

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

thanks for bringing this here ,I'm guessing it only had the usd prices, which seem reasonable to me.

Earlier in the year the UK ones were

75950 - £12.99

75951 - £19.99
75952 - £44.99
75953 - £59.99
75954 - £89.99
75956 - £34.99

1 minute ago, Catanas said:

Earlier in the year the UK ones were

75950 - £12.99

75951 - £19.99
75952 - £44.99
75953 - £59.99
75954 - £89.99
75956 - £34.99

But the most important one isn’t there 75955

If you add 10 euro/pounds on the USA prices, you'll probably get an idea of our prices. That would still be an okay deal, but we'll see in time. 

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Hardly something to complain about when most of the figures are insanely accurate with full prints, and tons of new moulds. Big deal 2 characters don’t have leg printing, try being a fan of the Superheroes line...

Always something to complain about.  Worse conditions in other themes do not excuse anything, they just point out that this is a trend across all themes.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

So you'd prefer either more obscure characters in the sets (bad for sales) or doubles of the common characters (in sets and CMFs)?

Just higher quality characters in sets would be nice.

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

I had already mentioned that on the last page as a play feature.

Gratz.

Overall, the sets look nice.  I like the big castle extension in the tree set.  I like the snitch.  I like the gold rings.  Looking forward to seeing more, and seeing the Hogwarts D2C obviously.

Edited by x105Black