Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I really like all of the sets. I think this is a good time to start collecting HP. Good job lego!

I'm definitely picking up all of 'em! Though, not really a fan of the Quittage set so I'll probably get that on discount.

Best wave of all time :cry2: :wub: and there are still two more sets, a cmf series, and a D2C to unveil!!!

i really hope the D2C castle is fake

just keep releasing sets that adds to Grand Hall and Whomping Willow

1 minute ago, just_one said:
i really hope the D2C castle is fake

just keep releasing sets that adds to Grand Hall and Whomping Willow

With a d2c you likely get a big chunk of accurate castle, with playsets you get a lot of small inaccurate bits cobbled together.

But there's no reason they cant do both.

Just now, deskp said:

With a d2c you likely get a big chunk of accurate castle, with playsets you get a lot of small inaccurate bits cobbled together.

But there's no reason they cant do both.

then dont sell it for 400€/500€ like its rumoured

not everyone is rich you know

Just now, just_one said:

then dont sell it for 400€/500€ like its rumoured

not everyone is rich you know

Well, a lot of individual parts adds up too. 100 for great hall, 80 for willow.....+ whatever else they'd make.

Wow, these sets are absolutely amazing, by far the best HP wave so far :wub: The Hogwarts Express is a neat surprise, I guess they couldn't resist including that one in each "reboot" of the theme :grin: I'm wondering whether we'll see Hagrid's Hut in the near future as well (next year if the ever-green status change rumors are true?) since that has traditionally gotten the same treatment :wink:

Just now, deskp said:

Well, a lot of individual parts adds up too. 100 for great hall, 80 for willow.....+ whatever else they'd make.

but its a lot easier and possible to buy sets during a large space of time than give 400/500€ at once...

4 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Best wave of all time :cry2: :wub: and there are still two more sets, a cmf series, and a D2C to unveil!!!

Well I am starting to wonder if the Hogwarts express is the so called knight bus and that the Aragog set do not exist :sceptic: Why would they not reveal all HP sets now, but save the smallest? Makes no sense :wacko:

22 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Looking at these sets, I think we can make some educated guesses on who will be in the Minifigure series to accompany the sets:

Remember from past tie-in CMF series (TLM, LTNM, LTBM, etc), that the figures included do not always complement sets. They can stick any old figures they like in the CMF series, whether there is a natural set for them to be affiliated with or not.

3 minutes ago, just_one said:

but its a lot easier and possible to buy sets during a large space of time than give 400/500€ at once...

Get a money box and save up.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm wondering whether we'll see Hagrid's Hut in the near future as well

Probably next wave with Buckbeak :wub:

1 minute ago, just_one said:

I mean, as a fellow person who also doesn't wanna spend a huge chunk of change on a single D2C set, I'd think it would be at least be pretty neat to have a large centerpiece which you can also attach those smaller sets to. It'll also look better on display.

26 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

There was a leak a while back showing the set numbers and names on the lego site. Hogwarts Castle was listed and the Knight Bus. The Knight Bus set number is the same as the Hogwarts Express. So what I'm saying if that was wrong then could that mean Hogwarts Castle is wrong too.

Nah Hogwarts is coming. Very very very confident in that

Also the box art looks fantasic for the sets 

This was a nice surprise, but I am probably the only one who thinks these sets look too "junior" and/or basic. It's probably just the kid minifigs haha.

Let's see how the CMFs and hogwarts set turn out though, I feel like they wil be the highlights.

11 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well I am starting to wonder if the Hogwarts express is the so called knight bus and that the Aragog set do not exist :sceptic: Why would they not reveal all HP sets now, but save the smallest? Makes no sense :wacko:

They revealed 1 set per movie

Quidditch Set -> Sorcerer's Stone

Whomping Willow -> Chamber of Secrets

Hogwarts Express -> Prisoner of Azkaban

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Nah Hogwarts is coming. Very very very confident in that

Also the box art looks fantasic for the sets 

Where is the box art?

36 minutes ago, deskp said:

Um, you can make Quidditch Malfoy with current pieces.

If anything the indication is cmf has hufflepuff and ravenclaw players.

Yes you can make him, but Lego will very likely want to be able to sell you one

Just now, The Pearson said:

Where is the box art?

search for his username in instagram haha

Just now, Whovastron said:

Yes you can make him, but Lego will very likely want to be able to sell you one

How do you say it would be unique from what you could just make?

Cmf has a certain standard.

Personally not a fan of them using the Order-aged characters rather than using the ones for the respective year the set is based on

1 minute ago, deskp said:

How do you say it would be unique from what you could just make?

Cmf has a certain standard.

I’m not saying it would be, it’s just an option that they could do. There’s lots of figures you can ‘just make’ and Lego will still make them into sets. It was just a hypothetical idea, geeze

11 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

This was a nice surprise, but I am probably the only one who thinks these sets look too "junior" and/or basic. It's probably just the kid minifigs haha.

There are obviously play features like the banner on the Gryffindor tower that can swing / be crashed into. But I don't think they are junior-ised in any way.

Edited by MAB

The box art does look great, nice to once again see a different colour being used in this theme (the last one was red, the one before that teal and the one before that orange-ish) :sweet: The Wizarding World logo in the corner is also interesting, looks like they might be intending to expand the franchise even beyond Fantastic Beasts?

Edited by Lego-Freak