Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, RyanMe said:

Hogwarts express is a pleasant surprise. The quidditch set is nice to finally have all the schools represented.  The whomping willow set focuses too much on the castle and not enough of the tree.  Still love them all and they will all be immediate purchases!!

Yes I actually really don't like the whomping willow the more i look at it.

3 minutes ago, Swamp said:

The candy trolley lady, I think.

Wow they are LITERALLY releasing every single chatacter!

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the Hogwarts portraits!!!

Edited by Robert8

WOahhhhhhh! 

A Hogwarts express is surprising...Looks great! 

The Womping Willow set is good.

Nice Quidditch set too... why is Snape in this set too!? Surely Hooch... 

Looks really good, I think a lot of people would have thought the focus was on the Whomping Willow, but it's just a side build. I rather have this as it is than a bigger tree so it's fine with me. 

32 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

2 Snapes and no Hooch? WTH?

So we have two Snapes, which are identical? And are the Aragog and Hogwarts Express Ron and Harry the same?

Lupin looks very good.

Edited by cocabottle

WOW, that Hogwarts Express really came out of nowhere! How has no one leaked that!

love the Quidditch Set, with all the towers represented, multiples of the set will easily allow a full pitch! I remember someone ranting that Snape couldn’t possibly be in this Set, so that’s fun.

shame about the Willow being small, but the Hogwarts building is fantastic.

I don’t think any of these looks as good as the Great Hall Set, but they still look fab! Interesting that there’s no front picture of the Hogwarts section in the Willow Set, nor a picture of Aragog

27 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

WOahhhhhhh! 

A Hogwarts express is surprising...Looks great! 

The Womping Willow set is good.

Nice Quidditch set too... why is Snape in this set too!? Surely Hooch... 

Because he tries to cast a spell to protect Harry from Quirrel’s shenanigans. Then Hermione lights his robes on fire.

not having Hooch kind of sucks though.  Bonus point to Gryffindor for the amazing snitch.

Would the Hogwarts express subsitute for the Knight Bus? Since we haven't got any information about that set and the Hogwarts Express could fit that spot. 

3 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Would the Hogwarts express subsitute for the Knight Bus? Since we haven't got any information about that set and the Hogwarts Express could fit that spot. 

Actually I think your right here with this

Edited by Falconfan1414

More than just a touch of PoA if you ask me! Lupin looks fantastic.
Still hoping to see a dementor-type in the cmf... doesn't seem likely now.
Let's just hope they appear in other smaller sets as well.

Ugh.

Lupin has no leg print.

Snape basically no Leg print for him.

Quidditch players no leg print.

And no Ravenclaw torso anywhere.

Its a shame the normal version of common characters are in sets and not cmf where they would get the full treatment.  Now we end up with half finished main characters and fully finished obscure characters.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We also get our first look at a Sirius Black figure in the train set. He is on a wanted poster

I was just going to post this. That poster is lovely.  Curved tile w HW express looks fantastic too.

Love the quidditch set and express.  Willow is quite the disappointment.

3 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Knight Bus was rumored to be a Fantastic Beasts set which could be why it is not revealed with the Harry Potter sets.

1 minute ago, zegodhand said:

Still hoping to see a dementor-type in the cmf... doesn't seem likely now.
Let's just hope they appear in other smaller sets as well.

That’s a good point. Need to have a small set for army building! 

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

Ugh.

Lupin has no leg print.

Snape basically no Leg print for him.

Quidditch players no leg print.

And no Ravenclaw torso anywhere.

Its a shame the normal version of common characters are in sets and not cmf where they would get the full treatment.  Now we end up with half finished main characters and fully finished obscure characters.

Hardly something to complain about when most of the figures are insanely accurate with full prints, and tons of new moulds. Big deal 2 characters don’t have leg printing, try being a fan of the Superheroes line...

The Hogwarts Express looks great, especially with the station included. I'm not sold on Lupin's hair, but it's much better than before. The Quidditch pitch also looks great, but the Whomping Willow set is a pretty, if non-essential castle add-on that I could pass on.

So are the Dementor's hands black or grey? The latter is what we were shown in the leaks, and is more accurate due to the iconic shot of the hand clawing around the door. 

It seems Sirius Black will have the same hairpiece Snape has.

I didn't notice it before but there are Daily Prophet tiles in the Hogwarts Express set! The attention to details is crazy

I love how the Whomping Willow is disconnected from the castle and has the hatch to the Shrieking Shack in it. They've obviously got this planned out

So Lupin in the Willow was incorrect, but Lupin in this wave was not, that makes me really happy, and I’m not bothered about not getting Pettigrew because I wasn’t a massive fan of him anyway, but that look at Sirius is making me hyped to get him, I mean 2 Gary Oldman minifigures, hell yeah, 

Hogwarts Express was a very pleasant surprise, I'd even go as far as to say it's currently my favorite set of the wave.

A little disappointed by the lack of Madame Hooch on the Quidditch set, though.

Hogwarts express and the Hogwarts add-on are must buys for me! Though I‘m a bit disappointed of the Whomping willow being this small.

Quidditch sets looks fine I guess, but nothing I have to get, because I own the one from 2010.

Was it really ever confirmed that we would get an Aragog set? If yes, why hasn‘t it been shown yet?