Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Agreed, it looks so much better than the old one

and I also agree with your second statement, I’ve never been as excited about a theme as I am now, I was eagerly anticipating this year’s Batman sets, but now this is coming out I’ve only bought one (the cheapest one with Superman and Lobo) ?

Yes :)

Look behind the dementor, it seemes to be the head of lord voldemort

Personally I liked the second Dementor design (grey skeleton with posesble arms) better than I like this new one. With the skeleton one you could actually make it hover over and bend down to give the Dementor's Kiss to your minifigures, and it looked skeletal as Dementors should. This new one looks a bit too... fat.

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

or is it just unmasked vader

1 minute ago, Robianco said:

Ultimately I think a good wave of 22 figures is worth every penny of the £88, which I'm sure is how you feel too. But hopefully it's £66. If there are figures which are proving to be harder to get hold of then buying a box early and selling a full set at a little profit (assuming there's a second full set in a box) would be a good way of helping offset that cost. Someone would easily buy a full set at a slightly higher price to ensure they got them all in one go. I know a few people who did that with the German Football Squad sets. After they've been around for a while the clamour for them drops slightly so best to get in early.

I completely agree, it’s definitely worth it, especially if it includes figures like the dementor, some of the teacher, especially Trelawney or Lockhart, or anyone like that, and I hope that there are 2 full sets, if not I’ll just sell what I can and any I can’t I might give to young family

2 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

It could be but I hope not, it’s too early for Voldemort, he didn’t come out until film/book 4

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

I completely agree, it’s definitely worth it, especially if it includes figures like the dementor, some of the teacher, especially Trelawney or Lockhart, or anyone like that, and I hope that there are 2 full sets, if not I’ll just sell what I can and any I can’t I might give to young family

It could be but I hope not, it’s too early for Voldemort, he didn’t come out until film/book 4

Just the main playsets are book 1-2 based. They didn't really say that for d2c or minifigures.

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

Just the main playsets are book 1-2 based. They didn't really say that for d2c or minifigures.

Oh yes, I know that, but unless it’s some sort of unique version of Voldemort (seaside Joker or that weird Garmadon) then I don’t see them releasing the big bad in a CMF, thinking about it, robed Voldemort is more likely for a set, so they could have suited Voldemort from the train station in (I think) Order of the Phoenix

There are so many that I could think of that could have alternates in a CMF

Lupin- set/Werewolf Lupin- CMF

Sirius- set/Azkaban Sirius- CMF

Lockhart- set/Insane Lockhart- CMF

etc etc

Edited by harleydavid98

1 hour ago, deskp said:

22 + 22 = 44

60 - 44 = 16

22 - 16 = 6

if its distributed evenly  6 figures will have only 2 per box.

But this wave having more characters makes buying a whole box a much better deal than before! :D

That is assuming an equal division of course. They could equally well make a couple of figures (such as Harry Potter) more common. They could do 2 x6's, 4 x4's then 16 x2's, for example.

As to price, £3 per figure is not too bad for licensed. Four figures are then £12, so about the same as a SW battle pack containing four figures, you are then just out of the parts for the small build that comes with the battle pack. That said, if they are £3 each, they will be available at £2 at some stage when taking into account 3 for 2 type deals. The licensed ones tend to hang about a bit if there are no army builders or special ones that increase massively in value due to demand.

I know it’s been asked before, but roughly how long before release are CMFs announced? I know we have the 2 dates in June for the sets, but I’d love to know what the CMF will be, and how do you reckon the split between HP and FB will be?

That dementor does not look very good. Maybe it’s the picture quality but it looks like it’s wearing goggles and I don’t like the use of the regular body and ghost legs. The old skeleton body with the robe going over the front and back looked a lot creepier. 

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That dementor does not look very good. Maybe it’s the picture quality but it looks like it’s wearing goggles and I don’t like the use of the regular body and ghost legs. The old skeleton body with the robe going over the front and back looked a lot creepier. 

Agreed, I think that the 2010 dementor robe was perfect while this one looks sort of off.

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The “goggles” you see is the dementor’s mouth hole, I’m presuming it’s a double sided head with one side mouth open (what we’ve seen) and the other without

I think I like the old better. He needs to cloak like the one from the 2010

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Personally I liked the second Dementor design (grey skeleton with posesble arms) better than I like this new one. With the skeleton one you could actually make it hover over and bend down to give the Dementor's Kiss to your minifigures, and it looked skeletal as Dementors should. This new one looks a bit too... fat.

Agree.... someone has to start sucking dietetic souls

I’m quite looking forward to when we get Order of the Phoenix sets as we only got Hogwarts castle from that movie.  I guess the same can be said for the half blood prince and the first part of deathly hallows though.  

Lego have got so much material they can pull from for Harry Potter as a vast majority of the 2010/11 sets were remakes of old sets.  In fact Lego have never really expanded to making many Harry Potter sets outside of the castle grounds.  I do believe this theme could run down the same lines as Star Wars and be here for years to come.  

I can just imagine all the different houses/building locations we could get from each movie.:wub:  Just so much new never used before matirial to pull from, like all the areas they travelled outside of Hogwarts. 

Edited by Legoman123

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Dementor could also be from the knight bus 

I hope not, that would be incredibly inaccurate and it looks like TLC are going for accuracy with this theme

the only inaccurate minifigure I’d like to get with the bus is Sirius and that’s only because it’d make sense because he was watching over Harry in his animagi form so getting Sirius and the grim (Animagi form) would kinda make sense

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I hope not, that would be incredibly inaccurate and it looks like TLC are going for accuracy with this theme

the only inaccurate minifigure I’d like to get with the bus is Sirius and that’s only because it’d make sense because he was watching over Harry in his animagi form so getting Sirius and the grim (Animagi form) would kinda make sense

Which set what fig comes in doesn't really matter. Unless they deliberately leave out Stan  in favor of dementor or something why does it matter.  Dementor is quite symbolic of that film as is the knight bus, and it would add some conflict to the set.

Ha, I knew the Dementor would use the new ghost piece! Personally, I like it a lot more. In the first film they were in, at least, their robes were a lot heavier and were actually robes, not like mummy cloth pulled tightly around them, so I don't mind the standard minifigure proportions. The weird skeleton-pogo leg always confused me, too, and I like that we finally get a head that's just a hole in the hood over the face, and not a completely exposed face.

The Dementor doesn't look bad.  I'm not a huge fan of that leg piece, but it works for the character.

15 hours ago, deskp said:

Hedwig is 99% the same though that's an animal.

What is different? *huh*

14 hours ago, Tariq j said:

If we do see her in the CMF line, I hope we see her Animagus Cat as well. The same goes for The Marauders. I know we never saw James's Stag, but it would be cool to have them all.

That would be great :grin:

4 hours ago, deskp said:

A Lot of the obscure students are just names attached to reused generic faces and repeated torsos.     Lego likely isn't really making Higgs they just pick and old face print they got laying around and slap it on a quidditch torso.

Lego made the effort with Flint, that's definitely him. But "oliver wood"  is a face thats been used on no less than 15 figures before.

Well as long as they say it is Higgs and Wood and they look like them, what is the problem with using some "old parts" :sceptic: We can not expect Lego to make new parts for every fig..

3 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

It sounds like the Dementor is the chase minifigure “it could be 1 or 2 per box”- Dimaks ?

I bet the Dementor is one of the more common figs in a box and definitely not 1! They try to make the popular and/or army-builder figs numerous in a box. Just look at the policeman from series 18, it is the least appealing of the figs and is only 1 per box, other like the bricks are probably popular with the kids and they are 10 per box..

By the way the dementor is probably the flavour from the 3 film! It makes sense to put it in the cmf, it is army-builder and can take up a slot of the 22, then next wave they probably are going to reuse it more or less the same in a set or two :wink:

Oh they look great!

Lupin!

Also I'm shocked the Dementor is not a CMF 

Did we know about the Hogwarts Express set?

Who is that character with Grandma's hair?

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The candy trolley lady, I think.

Edited by Swamp

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Oh they look great!

Lupin!

Also I'm shocked the Dementor is not a CMF 

Did we know about the Hogwarts Express set?

I know they are full of surprises. I had no idea about hogwarts express but it looks fab! Grandma is probably trolly witch????

3 minutes ago, Legohp25 said:

Hogwarts express is a pleasant surprise. The quidditch set is nice to finally have all the schools represented.  The whomping willow set focuses too much on the castle and not enough of the tree.  Still love them all and they will all be immediate purchases!!