Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Did you really just compare Lockhart, a fraud who is useful in one scene, to actual Lord Voldemort, the best friend of Harry’s dad, the one person whose fault it is Harry was in the tri-wizard cup, the ministry’s infiltration of Hogwarts and the professor who told Tom Riddle how to make horcruxes, I may have used the wrong word, but my point still stands, the word I was looking for was eccentric, he is definitely eccentric, and nowhere near as important as any of the DDA teachers

My comparison is fair. The point is that he was a central character in one of the movies. That's all that's needed to be considered a figure that can easily wind up in a set, especially when Lego seems to be focusing on releasing sets in a fashion so as to bring longevity to the theme.

That's a good place to end that discussion for now. You seem to enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

1 minute ago, zegodhand said:

My comparison is fair. The point is that he was a central character in one of the movies. That's all that's needed to be considered a figure that can easily wind up in a set, especially when Lego seems to be focusing on releasing sets in a fashion so as to bring longevity to the theme.

That's a good place to end that discussion for now. You seem to enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

It was a discussion, not an argument, I reserve arguments for people I care about ?

Lockhart is not an obscure character. He played a major role throughout Chamber of Secrets. He’s entirely fair game for a set. Susan Bones is far more obscure than he is and she still got a figure. I’d be very surprised if we don’t get a new Lockhart in the CMF at least. All the DADA teachers are figure-worthy, since they all had large (and mostly antagonistic) roles in the books and movies. As someone else mentioned, Binns is a truly obscure character who I wouldn’t be surprised to never get in Lego form. 

3 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

That was definitely not the point of Lockhart, there was never anything to do with fame going to Harry’s head until at least Goblet of Fire, the only good thing about Lockhart in the film is the fact that he was portrayed by the amazing Kenneth Branagh, book Lockhart was amazing, he was so wasted in the film

I would argue otherwise. Think of the first scenes of Sorcerer's Stone. Harry is shown as an isolated child that no one cares for. But then he goes to Diagon Alley and everyone knows him. This is a feeling he never experienced before. Yes it doesn't get to him yet but Lockhart is a warning. That he must not get engulfed by it. Everything in the first two movies is all wishy washy and then he slowly starts realisizing in each film that being The Boy Who Lived isn't that great and he might have to lay his own life down and there is great responsibility and sacrafice to follow. He also tells Harry about the Basilik.  Also being held in high regard means that they are good. Harry was hated for being a snake whisperer but in the end he was a hero. Lockhart was a celebrity then he became certified insane and revealed as a fraud. That's all I'm gonna say since this is a lego Harry Potter leak thread not a discussion of Chamber. 

Edited by RODDY

Lockhart was the less important DotDA teacher BY FAR

In the movies, he is an obscure character. He was merely a plot device and left no consequences at all. After Chamber of Secrets he wasn't even mentioned again at all (in the movies)

That been said, I think he has to appear. I mean they are releasing freaking Terence Higgs, who had like no lines.... They HAVE to release Lockhart. 

I think the CMF wave is the best place for him

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think the CMF wave is the best place for him

Maybe but I reckon the D2C would be better because that way we could possibly get the DADA room, Lockhart and maybe even some pixies

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That been said, I think he has to appear. I mean they are releasing freaking Terence Higgs, who had like no lines....

A Lot of the obscure students are just names attached to reused generic faces and repeated torsos.     Lego likely isn't really making Higgs they just pick and old face print they got laying around and slap it on a quidditch torso.

Lego made the effort with Flint, that's definitely him. But "oliver wood"  is a face thats been used on no less than 15 figures before.

Where as someone like lockhart would need a new face, torso, legs and even possibly a new hair mold.

FYI: dementor has leaked.

Edited by deskp

23 minutes ago, deskp said:

A Lot of the obscure students are just names attached to reused generic faces and repeated torsos.     Lego likely isn't really making Higgs they just pick and old face print they got laying around and slap it on a quidditch torso.

Lego made the effort with Flint, that's definitely him. But "oliver wood"  is a face thats been used on no less than 15 figures before.

Where as someone like lockhart would need a new face, torso, legs and even possibly a new hair mold.

FYI: dementor has leaked.

Where it leaked?

Cant find it on Instagram

Edited by just_one

Loving all the Harry Potter stuff we're getting.

That being said, I'm not blindly desperate for content because I do think majority of these minifigures, whilst good, aren't great. Filch for example is hideous, I don't know what Lego were thinking. I think Snape's torso is terrible with the added purple too, it just looks odd because his outfit had no traces of purple in the movie. I thing Minerva with legs doesn't look right either and I'm not sure what they were thinking with Ron's hair, but it's not movie accurate at all.

I think Snape and McGonagall looked better in 2010. That being said, Hermione, Harry and Nearly Headless Nick look great. The fact that Lego are wasting time on background characters tells me this theme is here to stay though, which is good.

1 hour ago, just_one said:

Where it leaked?

Cant find it on Instagram

It’s only just been put on dimaks_lego’s Instagram page, it’s either from the D2C, or CMF, CMF is more likely I think

I just found the Dementor on Instagram.  It uses the Specter tail, which is neat.  Hopefully it's from the CMF series.

Edited by spiderfan2000

It sounds like the Dementor is the chase minifigure “it could be 1 or 2 per box”- Dimaks ?

Better look at Grindelwald is out thanks to Mariopower (and Ron and Harry from the Anglia set)

Edited by harleydavid98

8 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

It sounds like the Dementor is the chase minifigure “it could be 1 or 2 per box”- Dimaks ?

Better look at Grindelwald is out thanks to Mariopower (and Ron and Harry from the Anglia set)

2 per box will be pretty common with this series. Several figures will have only 2.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

2 per box will be pretty common with this series. Several figures will have only 2.

Intriguing, well I plan to buy a full box so it doesn’t really matter to me, I just feel bad for anyone that wants to get a dementor deliberately and they’ve all gone

Can I also point out that hair for Grindelwald looks terrible, they should have done a new mould similar to the Mohawk that Mr T had but wider

in fact seeing it from the side that hair piece looks awful for Mr T, they should’ve done a completely new mould for Grindelwald and not used the generic slicked back hair

Edited by harleydavid98

2 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Intriguing, well I plan to buy a full box so it doesn’t really matter to me, I just feel bad for anyone that wants to get a dementor deliberately and they’ve all gone

22 + 22 = 44

60 - 44 = 16

22 - 16 = 6

if its distributed evenly  6 figures will have only 2 per box.

But this wave having more characters makes buying a whole box a much better deal than before! :D

7 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

The recent CMF policeman was only 1 per box and there are plenty of those around. Every CMF wave has figures that are only around 2 per box and the fact that there are 22 figures in this wave would indicate that some will be harder to come by than others due to there being 60 figures in any one box. The Dementor is a pretty easy figure to feel for too.

Edited by Robianco

1 minute ago, deskp said:

22 + 22 = 44

60 - 44 = 16

22 - 16 = 6

if its distributed evenly  6 figures will have only 2 per box.

But this wave having more characters makes buying a whole box a much better deal than before! :D

True that, this is the first CMF I’m actually interested in and it’s the only one that I’d even consider buying a full box for, unless of course it’s over £200, £150 is fine with me

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

True that, this is the first CMF I’m actually interested in and it’s the only one that I’d even consider buying a full box for, unless of course it’s over £200, £150 is fine with me

Most retailers that will sell a box do so at full retail price. They're £3 each... so you want a box of 60 it's £180. 

Just now, Robianco said:

Most retailers that will sell a box do so at full retail price. They're £3 each... so you want a box of 60 it's £180. 

I don’t plan on buying them from a retailer, as I’ve stated a long time ago in this thread UK Amazon has incredibly good prices for CMFs, including full boxes, I could easily get a full box for £150, the Lego Batman 2 CMF was roughly that price on Amazon, but tbf, I don’t mind paying £180 because it can help me build up my feeling skills for future waves

1 minute ago, Robianco said:

Thought they were all 4$   4£  4€  etc?

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

Thought they were all 4$   4£  4€  etc?

I wasn't aware the prices had gone up on them. They're still £3 at the Lego store near me and at supermarkets as far as I can remember. I don't buy many of them so I'm not 100% sure. If the price has gone up then a box will go up too.

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I don’t plan on buying them from a retailer, as I’ve stated a long time ago in this thread UK Amazon has incredibly good prices for CMFs, including full boxes, I could easily get a full box for £150, the Lego Batman 2 CMF was roughly that price on Amazon, but tbf, I don’t mind paying £180 because it can help me build up my feeling skills for future waves

Just looking on Amazon and a retailer has a Batman Series 1 box for £150 which they're probably trying to shift as it's a few series old now and the value is obviously dropping. The recent CMF series is £180 as it's a current series. If you find someone to sell them at wholesale price upon release then fair play to you. If as Deskp says the price has gone up then expect the full box price to go up too. I certainly hope they're not £4 per figure. That would push a box to £240.

Edited by Robianco

Just now, Robianco said:

Just looking on Amazon and a retailer has a Batman Series 1 box for £150 which they're probably trying to shift as it's a few series old now and the value is obviously dropping. The recent CMF series is £180 as it's a current series. If you find someone to sell them at wholesale price upon release then fair play to you. If as Deskp says the price has gone up then expect the full box price to go up too. I certainly hope they're not £4 per figure. That would push a box to £240.

Yeah, I get what you mean, I hope they haven’t gone up, if they have then just buying the full set would be about £88 which I wouldn’t mind paying, but over the £66 which I first thought it was I’d be a little bit annoyed ?

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

Awesome dementor! 

I love this wave so much even if we don't know all the sets and minifigs

Agreed, it looks so much better than the old one

and I also agree with your second statement, I’ve never been as excited about a theme as I am now, I was eagerly anticipating this year’s Batman sets, but now this is coming out I’ve only bought one (the cheapest one with Superman and Lobo) ?

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

Yeah, I get what you mean, I hope they haven’t gone up, if they have then just buying the full set would be about £88 which I wouldn’t mind paying, but over the £66 which I first thought it was I’d be a little bit annoyed ?

Ultimately I think a good wave of 22 figures is worth every penny of the £88, which I'm sure is how you feel too. But hopefully it's £66. If there are figures which are proving to be harder to get hold of then buying a box early and selling a full set at a little profit (assuming there's a second full set in a box) would be a good way of helping offset that cost. Someone would easily buy a full set at a slightly higher price to ensure they got them all in one go. I know a few people who did that with the German Football Squad sets. After they've been around for a while the clamour for them drops slightly so best to get in early.