Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

? You don’t happen to have a better picture do you? The only ones I can see are blurred or small, all I can see looks exactly the same so I must not be able to see it properly ?

Lego isnt reusing any minifig prints from last time.  Hedwig is 99% the same though that's an animal.

Mcgonagall

Edited by deskp

2 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

I don’t really understand much about leaks but I wonder why we have had leaks for the brick heads that come out on the 1st July wheras we haven’t had any leaks for the HP and FB sets when they are both scheduled for June. 

Also do you think we could get Madame Hooch in the Quidditch set as I feel that the one we are getting could be almost identical to the one we got in 2010

The sets are coming out in August, not June, and the BrickHeadz were not leaks, they were officially revealed by Lego.

On 15/05/2018 at 10:36 PM, deskp said:

Lego isnt reusing any minifig prints from last time.  Hedwig is 99% the same though that's an animal.

Oh yes, now that I get a better look I can see it’s much more detailed so wouldn’t go well with the old dress piece, that one looks absolutely amazing compared to the older on, are there any more images like that for the other figures? Like Dumbledore

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

They all look pretty accurate, although I think a new hat mould with hair for McGonagall and white hair for Dumbledore

I’m kinda annoyed that Dumbledore’s beard is the same as Gandalf’s, it’s perfect for Gandalf, but far too short for Albus, and Hagrid looks perfect, but yes a new Hat/hair mould for Minerva would be amazing!

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

I’m kinda annoyed that Dumbledore’s beard is the same as Gandalf’s, it’s perfect for Gandalf, but far too short for Albus, and Hagrid looks perfect, but yes a new Hat/hair mould for Minerva would be amazing!

Totally agree. Maybe the Gandalf the White hair piece would work! If only I had it :laugh:

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Totally agree. Maybe the Gandalf the White hair piece would work! If only I had it :laugh:

That’s even shorter ?, but I agree that white would be better, but it should be a completely new mould, not the Gandalf mould, but of course, I’m just happy to be getting a decent looking Dumbledore without that split beard ?

16 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

They all look pretty accurate, although I think a new hat mould with hair for McGonagall and white hair for Dumbledore

Dumbledore and McGonagall are the worst two we've seen so far, in my opinion. They just look too 'sporty' with their pants. Dumbledore's beard is hard, the correct color would be somewhere between the grey they chose now, and white. So I guess the one they chose is fine. McGonagall definitely needed a new hat, and we need a new hat in general. I HATE the one that is still in use, it looks so weird. New hat with hair or just the bun would've been great.

Edited by cocabottle

I wouldn't be surprised if we see her 3rd-year costume in the D2C. It would make more sense for a dress piece and being an adult set it wouldn't need legs for a play feature. I wonder if we will get Sprout and Trelawney. If we get the divination classroom room we will probably get the Patil twins sense one is in Ravenclaw. 

1 minute ago, cocabottle said:

Dumbledore and McGonagall are the worst two we've seen so far, in my opinion. They just look too 'sporty' with their pants. Dumbledore's beard is hard, the correct color would be somewhere between the grey they chose now, and white. So I guess the one they chose is fine. McGonagall definitely needed a new hat, and we need a new hat in general. I HATE the one that is still in use, it looks so weird. New hat with hair or just the bun would've been great.

The Dumbledore this minifig is based on has pure white hair and beard so nope, it should be pure white, not grey, it wasn’t any shade of grey until film 3 with Michael Gambon, plus as has been pointed out before they didn’t use the dress piece (they never have for Dumbledore so that was a pointless statement) because of playability for kids

1 minute ago, Legocollinfreak said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see her 3rd-year costume in the D2C. It would make more sense for a dress piece and being an adult set it wouldn't need legs for a play feature. I wonder if we will get Sprout and Trelawney. If we get the divination classroom room we will probably get the Patil twins sense one is in Ravenclaw. 

I highly anticipate getting EVERY teacher, I expect the more obscure ones in CMF (Lockhart, Trelawney etc), and the more important ones in sets (Lupin, Moody, Flitwick etc)

And isn’t it odd that every Weasley was in Gryffindor yet the 2 twins are in different houses, one in Gryffindor and one in Ravenclaw

Mcgonagall can be saved by just giving her the bun hair.

Dumbledore 1 should have white hair and beard imo, like the brickhead.

Dumbledore 2 grey hair works fine for.

Edited by deskp

14 minutes ago, deskp said:

Mcgonagall can be saved by just giving her the bun hair.

Dumbledore 1 should have white hair and beard imo, like the brickhead.

Dumbledore 2 grey hair works fine for.

Completely agree, the bun piece is from Aunt May, right? How often did we see McGonagall with her hat? I remember he having it in the sorting scene but then after that I don’t remember seeing it much, it’s odd that  they use a look that isn’t all that common for the character, and Dumbledore, the short grey beard works fine because his beard is shorter and greyer in the later films, but for 1&2 it certainly should be longer and white

13 minutes ago, cocabottle said:

Maybe we should request from LEGO an AFOL-mod pack, with the dress-piece and the bun. :wink:

That’d be nice, I reckon we’ll get more AFOL aimed items in the D2C, if we get another McGonagall I reckon it’ll include the hair piece and the dress, we might even get a later film McGonagall and get the black robes she wears in DH Pt 2

Edited by harleydavid98
Wrong acronym used

6 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

That’d be nice, I reckon we’ll get more AFOL aimed items in the D2C, if we get another McGonagall I reckon it’ll include the hair piece and the dress, we might even get a later film McGonagall and get the black robes she wears in DH Pt 2

If we do see her in the CMF line, I hope we see her Animagus Cat as well. The same goes for The Marauders. I know we never saw James's Stag, but it would be cool to have them all.

Just now, Tariq j said:

If we do see her in the CMF line, I hope we see her Animagus Cat as well. The same goes for The Marauders. I know we never saw James's Stag, but it would be cool to have them all.

I meant to put D2C as can be seen by the edit, we won’t get McGonagall in a CMF, same as Quirrell, Snape (unless it’s Boggart Snape) and Dumbledore because they all come in sets

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

I highly anticipate getting EVERY teacher, I expect the more obscure ones in CMF (Lockhart, Trelawney etc), and the more important ones in sets (Lupin, Moody, Flitwick etc)

Lockhart obscure? Did someone use a memory charm on you? He was a huge part of Chamber. I think if we miss Lockhart again especially when this wave zooms in on 1 & 2 it would be a shame. If we get Susan Bones and Seamus we should be getting the teacher with the greatest hair. 

2 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Lockhart obscure? Did someone use a memory charm on you? He was a huge part of Chamber. I think if we miss Lockhart again especially when this wave zooms in on 1 & 2 it would be a shame. If we get Susan Bones and Seamus we should be getting the teacher with the greatest hair. 

I said obscure, not unseen, he is incredibly obscure and not many people tend to care about Lockhart, I am one of the few people I know that does like Lockhart and wished that we’d get him in this wave, but he is definitely obscure, as is Trelawney, you could argue that Trelawney is more important story wise than Lockhart is, with the prophecy and everything

Lockhart IS the second movie.      But to be fair both the first two movies are kind of obscure by now.

Just now, deskp said:

Lockhart IS the second movie.      But to be fair both the first two movies are kind of obscure by now.

I’d argue that the Chamber of Secrets IS the second movie, Lockhart is as important in that movie as any other teacher in their respective film, Quirrell, Lockhart, Lupin, Moody (Crouch Jr), Umbridge (urgh) and ofc Slughorn, it’s a shame that we’re not getting him, but he’s definitely more CMF material than set material, I mean the only time he’s slightly useful he wipes his own memory trying to wipe Ron’s

3 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’d argue that the Chamber of Secrets IS the second movie, Lockhart is as important in that movie as any other teacher in their respective film, Quirrell, Lockhart, Lupin, Moody (Crouch Jr), Umbridge (urgh) and ofc Slughorn, it’s a shame that we’re not getting him, but he’s definitely more CMF material than set material, I mean the only time he’s slightly useful he wipes his own memory trying to wipe Ron’s

You're kind of backtracking on the whole Lockhart being obscure thing.

All of the DotDA professors I'd consider not obscure. They've always played an important role in their respective books/films.

You used the wrong word, just own it.

An example of an actual obscure professor would be Professor Binns. That's someone we might not ever see.

Lockhart, on the other hand, could wind up in a set, or the cmf, neither would be surprising. He's played about the same amount of significance as Quirrelllll, and he's in a set.

Either way, Lockhart is far from obscure.

1 minute ago, zegodhand said:

You're kind of backtracking on the whole Lockhart being obscure thing.

All of the DotDA professors I'd consider not obscure. They've always played an important role in their respective books/films.

You used the wrong word, just own it.

An example of an actual obscure professor would be Professor Binns. That's someone we might not ever see.

Lockhart, on the other hand, could wind up in a set, or the cmf, neither would be surprising. He's played about the same amount of significance as Quirrelllll, and he's in a set.

Either way, Lockhart is far from obscure.

Did you really just compare Lockhart, a fraud who is useful in one scene, to actual Lord Voldemort, the best friend of Harry’s dad, the one person whose fault it is Harry was in the tri-wizard cup, the ministry’s infiltration of Hogwarts and the professor who told Tom Riddle how to make horcruxes, I may have used the wrong word, but my point still stands, the word I was looking for was eccentric, he is definitely eccentric, and nowhere near as important as any of the DDA teachers

28 minutes ago, deskp said:

Bingo. I always die laughing because of Lockhart and his antics when I watch Chamber. I think it's sad that these two movies are obscure because they are way more lighthearted than their successors. They always had a special charm to them and I love them. POA and GOF struck the balance perfectly and then after the series kinda went too dark imo. 

10 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Did you really just compare Lockhart, a fraud who is useful in one scene, to actual Lord Voldemort, the best friend of Harry’s dad, the one person whose fault it is Harry was in the tri-wizard cup, the ministry’s infiltration of Hogwarts and the professor who told Tom Riddle how to make horcruxes, I may have used the wrong word, but my point still stands, the word I was looking for was eccentric, he is definitely eccentric, and nowhere near as important as any of the DDA teachers

Lockhart was an important lesson to Harry that even though he was famous like  Lockhart, he should't let it get to his head like he did in Deathly Hallows when he told Ron "I'm the chosen one, you have no part in this."

Edited by RODDY

Just now, RODDY said:

Lockhart was an important lesson to Harry that even though he was famous like  Lockhart, he should't let it get to his head like he did in Deathly Hallows when he told Ron "I'm the chosen one, you have no part in this."

That was definitely not the point of Lockhart, there was never anything to do with fame going to Harry’s head until at least Goblet of Fire, the only good thing about Lockhart in the film is the fact that he was portrayed by the amazing Kenneth Branagh, book Lockhart was amazing, he was so wasted in the film