Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, deskp said:

that seem to happen more with legs when there's no printed ones. But lets hope if it is indeed a cmf.

Let’s hope so, I sure hope they aren’t dropping their standards with their licensed CMF figs ?

I'm sure now the Whomping Willow includes small castle part, which connects to the great tower of the Great hall set
I therefore I see 2 options:

- smaller sets combine together, but are separate from big Hogwarts, which would therefore have to include great hall, tower etc. - which means these aspects are sized down or the set is very expensive

- the 3 sets connect together: I favour this option, since we could get a decent castle for 300-400 already, while otherwise it would have to be like 500 minimum.

However, the latter also would mean, that we'd have to get the 2 most expensive sets as well, as the big D2C. While this option would be logical, on the other hand it's not very typical of Lego. I've never been so curious about a future set!!

46 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Happy to see that what i cleamed many times about the fact that whomping willow would have a small part of Hogwarts, is true!

Very excited to see the release tomorrow. Because Lego will do it. 

Release tomorrow? What happens tomorrow?

21 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I'm sure now the Whomping Willow includes small castle part, which connects to the great tower of the Great hall set
I therefore I see 2 options:

- smaller sets combine together, but are separate from big Hogwarts, which would therefore have to include great hall, tower etc. - which means these aspects are sized down or the set is very expensive

- the 3 sets connect together: I favour this option, since we could get a decent castle for 300-400 already, while otherwise it would have to be like 500 minimum.

However, the latter also would mean, that we'd have to get the 2 most expensive sets as well, as the big D2C. While this option would be logical, on the other hand it's not very typical of Lego. I've never been so curious about a future set!!

The set is already going to be very expensive. The lowest rumored price I’ve heard is €485 and the highest I’ve heard is $600. Let’s just wait and see, though.

Looks like it's based on this tower/wall/arch section but they've cheated it so that it's ground level with the lake (the boat going under the arch) and the Hogwarts grounds (with the womping willow) beside it.

hogwarts_side_circled.jpg

Edited by Ferder

14 minutes ago, Ferder said:

Looks like it's based on this tower/wall/arch section but they've cheated it so that it's ground level with the lake (the boat going under the arch) and the Hogwarts grounds (with the womping willow) beside it.

hogwarts_side_circled.jpg

That's a little sad... I've always wanted that bridge in front of it in Lego form, and with this it seems that won't happen.

2 minutes ago, zegodhand said:

That's a little sad... I've always wanted that bridge in front of it in Lego form, and with this it seems that won't happen.

There's just no way it'd be possible unless they built Hogwarts up on top of a rock formation

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

A better image of the Hogwarts part of the whomping willow is out there. It’s looks fine but is clearly a side build 

Where? :)

20 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

Where? :)

If it's the one I saw on Instagram it's just a cropped and zoomed in image of the previous, fuller image. It does make it a bit easier to see a few more details though.

3 hours ago, deskp said:

Sure but the design of this licensed character calls for leg printing. That's not the sort of thing I'd imagine lego would skimp on in a cmf.  

Those could be the wrong legs then

I hope that the color of magic that harry is shooting means that we will get a new patronus part, but i doubt that will happen

On 5/9/2018 at 5:02 AM, Black Numenorean said:

We see that since 3 days, the minifigs has  leaked. Maybe that will force TLC for showing us the set quickly?

No, of course not; lmao, dude, are you serious? That's a ridiculous thing to say, and it's a little rude toward TLG.

Here's the image that everyone's referring to. It's not a leak, so there's no reason to keep it off the forum. :P

Edited by Azani

12 minutes ago, Azani said:

No, of course not; lmao, dude, are you serious? That's a ridiculous thing to say, and it's a little rude toward TLG.

Here's the image that everyone's referring to. It's not a leak, so there's no reason to keep it off the forum. :P

That also shows us that Seamus Finnigan is really in the wave.

P.S. The castle part looks way more like the part surrounding the Whomping Willow rather than the part next to the great hall, showing us we can connect the Hogwarts parts in any order we like which gives me high hopes for the d2c.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

ok after seeing the better pictures - the willow part of Hogwarts looks very cheapish:
the left tower is just a facade & since it's angled (connected to great hall) to a degree you can see the cut off/dollhouse side of it very much. Still looks better than any Hogwarts we ever got, but for sure not like UCS.

Now I really doubt that this will be part of UCS Hogwarts. Sad though, even with 5.000 parts, UCS Hogwarts couldn't contain a much better Great hall, than the one we'll get. Now I'm even more curious about the big set :cry_sad:

Olivander looks perfect. I actually would prefer a D2C Diagon Alley and have various sets come out each year to build hogwarts. POA can be the clock tower,  divinations, and Hagrid's hut with Buckbeak. GOF can be Yule Ball. OOP can have Umbridge's Office and Room of Requirements. Half Blood the astronomy tower. 

Now I pray the girl's room and the Chamber is somewhere there. 

9 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

I have Flying Lesson which I got as a birthday present back in 2003, Quidditch Match, and The Forbidden Forest. And the reason I only got those last two is for the same reason as you. :wink:

I only was able to get the Hogwarts express from 2010

5 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

So they’re releasing official images tommorow?

Are they? Does anyone know where this info came from and if it's legit?

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That also shows us that Seamus Finnigan is really in the wave.

Spotted that too. It looks to me like he’s wearing a Ravenclaw uniform. It’s a bit too blurry to see though.

In think whoever that is, comes in the boat in the willow set.  Being a ravenclaw student would make sense to round out the hoseus in the two Hogwarts sets.

Where does anybody see Seamus? Are we still talking about that one banner image? I see the backs of Malfoy and Susan Bones in the boat, which comes in the Great Hall. They've moved figures around - I doubt a boat comes in the Willow set.

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Where does anybody see Seamus? Are we still talking about that one banner image? I see the backs of Malfoy and Susan Bones in the boat, which comes in the Great Hall. They've moved figures around - I doubt a boat comes in the Willow set.

He's behind Hermione and McGonagall beside the great hall's wall.